Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I might give that a go tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I went back last night too and ended upgetting some Monk Hammer from Brewdog also.

what is it? How is it different to Jackhammer?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

what is it? How is it different to Jackhammer?

Jackhammer brewed with Belgian yeast.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Is it too early to start drinking? Lagunitas Maximus is here at last, love this beer.

I didnt manage to get my hands on skull king the last time it was out. There is no mention of boneyard on it, I thought they would have to on since it was a collaboration.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

My local has swapped their Metalman pale ale tap for Wicklow Wolf Elevation pale ale.

As much as I like metalman the elevation is a bit nicer. Very refreshing with a nice hop bite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Is it too early to start drinking? Lagunitas Maximus is here at last, love this beer.

I didnt manage to get my hands on skull king the last time it was out. There is no mention of boneyard on it, I thought they would have to on since it was a collaboration.

If I could like the homer drooling picture here I would. Jealous I am

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Widmer brothers Upheaval IPA - very nice indeed. It's 7% and u get a hint of alcohol at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Because Power of the Voodoo, a triple IPA was the Boneyard colab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Finally getting around to opening my Lord Smog Almighty, it's just sitting on the table getting a small bit warmer having come out of the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

O Brother - max Rockin Session Ale

Fantastically hoppy & interesting beer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

<SNIP>

Siren also had collab with them
    Managed to get my hands on both of them

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

For sale!!
    Beavertown&Toøl
    Dr Jekyle Mr Hide
    One off. raving reviews

Only €65
    Is this for real? Where? It's like 14 pounds in the UK. Reminds me of some Nogneo #1000 brew that I got stung for

I couldn't see a canned date on the beavertown dipa, honestly 6.30 against 3.80 for whiplash surrender the void, bit crazy for the same abv. I like beavertowns core range but their special stuff has always disappointed me and is very expensive.

Anybody tried mikkeller black stout 15%?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's been ages since I've had anything from Mikeller or Nøgne Ø. The offies in Limerick who used to stock them have shut down or stopped selling them. Better for my bank balance, I suppose!

I've a bottle of High Viz here from Blacks of Kinsale. Dated for 06 2016, so I'd imagine it's from last year. Wonderfully fruity, and the alcohol content hasn't come through yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

The Crafty Brewing Company Irish IPA. ...My god that's a good beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

The Crafty Brewing Company Irish IPA. ...My god that's a good beer.

Its a good one. Seems to be sold out in the stores I checked though. Does anyone know if it will be back?

jsa112 wrote: »
    Is this for real? Where? It's like 14 pounds in the UK. Reminds me of some Nogneo #1000 brew that I got stung for

I couldn't see a canned date on the beavertown dipa, honestly 6.30 against 3.80 for whiplash surrender the void, bit crazy for the same abv. I like beavertowns core range but their special stuff has always disappointed me and is very expensive.

Anybody tried mikkeller black stout 15%?

Yes its for real
    I have it for sale €65
    Its sold out at the moment and you wont find it anywhere in ireland

Surrended to the void is a verry good beer but cannot be compered to skull king or spresso or smoked porter.
    Beavertown is simple a better beer all round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Rumun wrote: »
    Yes its for real
    I have it for sale €65

Surrended to the void is a verry good beer but cannot be compered to skull king or spresso or smoked porter.
    Beavertown is simple a better beer all round

What you mean you have it for sale? How much does it cost in the shops.

Surrender to the void is a better beer for the price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Yes its for real
    I have it for sale €65

I picked it up yesterday for a hell of a lot less. There's a few around.

Son0vagun wrote: »
    I picked it up yesterday for a hell of a lot less. There's a few around.

It may be available in obriens or molloys but not that many it may be gone by now already.and deff will be gone in next couple of days.

Bud.If you are not interested dont buy it.simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

It may be available in obriens or molloys but not that many it may be gone by now already.and deff will be gone in next couple of days.

Bud.If you are not interested dont buy it.simple.

Is it even legal to sell beer in this manner?

RasTa wrote: »
    What you mean you have it for sale? How much does it cost in the shops.

Surrender to the void is a better beer for the price point.
    €24.95 in shops but its gone now or will be in couple of days at best.
    Its 14% imperial stout great to put in to cellar.

Back to beavertown...

For 2€ more you got s lot more unique flavour.
    It has more body to it its more malty. stong backbone with really interested flavour of strawberrys
    I remember drinking this 8 minths ago shortly after canning and the aroma of strawberrys was insane.
    Surrender to the void is solid beer and just coz is irish will praised to the sky but in reallity it just as good as regular dipa frm mid brewery. Tropical fruits type of aroma and thin on the body nothing to "bite in to it". Kind of like of foam of fury with much less flavour and less malty

I am not saying its a bad beer for irish standards its prety good but there is a lot more out there and beavertown,siren or buxton is just a feew examples of it.

Dont hate bud thats how it is.

jh79 wrote: »
    Is it even legal to sell beer in this manner?

Its more like collection item bud. Its not shady bottle of pouchin and its not nessesery for sale only interested in trade aswell.
    No need to spit venom.
    # craftnothate

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Have they stopped making the High Viz?

Gorgeous beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

@Rumun have a read of our forum charter, trading or selling is prohibited. First and last warning on the matter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

Anyone tried the Lagunitas Maximus? Is it worth it?

What about the Founders Mango Magnifico? Or Left hand's Widdershins? All in the local off licence but very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Grayditch wrote: »
    Have they stopped making the High Viz?

Gorgeous beer.

Just broken out a bottle of this tonight which I got a few weeks back in Tesco or O'Briens. First time having it, nicely balanced DIPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Founders Mango Magnifico is absolutely terrible, all you get is extreme heat from the habanero's in it. Honestly your throat will burn.

I remember not being too blown away with Left hand's Widdershins. There's better barleywines out there and cheaper ones.

Haven't tried Lagunitas Maximus, but its probably an old ipa so cant imagine its worth the cost. FWIW, did not like whiplash surrender to the void at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Finally got around to having some Elvis Juice - delicious! The grapefruit works so well with the hops. Would be the perfect beer for a hot day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Founders. Backwoods Bastard. God damn. The only negative? I know how much I'll need to spend to get more of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement