Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Kinnegar Maddyroe Burnt Red IPA, I have to say I really enjoyed this, splendid IPA IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Kinnegar Maddyroe Burnt Red IPA, I have to say I really enjoyed this, splendid IPA IMHO

Yeah was also surprised how nice it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

First tiem trying Black's Of Kinsale's Black IPA. I really like it.

Also had a Birra del Borgo 'ReAle' bought based on my love of My Antonia, and it was lovely.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Wetherspoons ale festival is on.

Had Yeastie Boys Tea Leaf IPA (Earl Grey), very nice IPA, can definitely taste the tea and I'm not even a fan of EG but it was nice here.

yeastie-boys-gunnamata-IPA.jpg

Had a few others that were grand just.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Yeastie Boys are class, love their digital IPA. They also do one with 100% peated malt, which is mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

slayerking wrote: »
    You're supposed to poor the bottle like this:

Otherwise it'll appear dead flat.
    Not a bad stout, had one last night.

I tried this last night and it was still flat as hell, I'll give it another go soon though, it tasted like it would have been quite nice :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

ciaran76 wrote: »

Why surprised? They are an awesome brewery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

They are very good and I was surprised because it actually tasted as it said it would.
    The current deal in Molloys for their beers is good too at 3 for €10.

They are very good and I was surprised because it actually tasted as it said it would.
    The current deal in Molloys for their beers is good too at 3 for €10.

lol, unlike their coconut porter!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

lol, unlike their coconut porter!

Whats your favourite coconut porter out of interest BC?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I personally don't think their beers are that great tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I personally don't think their beers are that great tbh.

Have to agree.

Limeburner = bland, watery not much going on here

Scraggy Bay IPA = A little better, moderate hop taste but nowhere near the depth of other IPAs

Amber Ale = Satisfying and well balanced but can't really decide if its a malty red, or strongly hopped amber like 5am saint. Ends up doing neither for me.

It's funny a year or two ago I would have loved all of them but with the constant progression and innovation in the ale/beer market they end up being a bit middle of the road for me.

So, there is also Rustbucket, Yannaroddy and Maddyroe, all of which are pretty excellent beers.

Rustbucket is a very good example of a Rye Pale Ale, and was one of the best beers of last year imo.

Yannaroddy is a very good porter (whatever about the "coconut" claims, but it has a lovely roasty bitterness)

and Maddyroe is good beer, billed as a Burnt Red IPA.

I'd tend to agree on the above about Limeburner, and in fact when I tried it it put me off Kinnegar for a while - but it's a blonde ale, are there are actually any truly delicious blonde/golden ales out there? I'd argue not.

Your comment on the Amber Ale is kind of unfair - because YOU can't decide what it is? It's an Amber Ale, it's supposed to be somewhere between a red and a pale ale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

Does nobody drink normal beer?

I've only had Yannaroddy and Rustbucket and I like them a lot.

This should be good.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

o4zUf.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Define 'normal beer' please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

I do - when the bar sells nothing else then i drink bavaria by the jug.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Define 'normal beer' please.

What I am drinking now ' Lomza '.

WhT you can get in most Supermarkets, not obscure brands that induce assholes to pay up to €4.00 a Bottle in an effort to appear trendy.

Jeez man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,490 ✭✭✭Heroditas

So you like your fizzy lager then?

WhT you can get in most Supermarkets, not obscure brands that induce assholes to pay up to €4.00 a Bottle in an effort to appear trendy.

Jeez man!!

Next time you're out having normal beers, and you buy food that's not on the Eurosaver menu in McDonalds cause you fancied something that tasted nice.. or just tasted at all, remind yerself of yer own logic!

Grayditch wrote: »
    Next time you're out having normal beers, and you buy food that's not on the Eurosaver menu in McDonalds cause you fancied something that tasted nice.. or just tasted at all, remind yerself of yer own logic!

:confused:

Got me there Gray,I do hear ya barking though,hell I'll pay €4.40 a bottle for some 'craft beer' which tastes the same as every other brew just to appear, 'in the know '

Ok bro, I know where you are coming from.

Just won't be drawn into to that bulldust.

But, not saying there's owt wrong with it

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

Jeez man!!

You're not even touching the ceiling there buddy. But €4.00 for a Lomza would be dear, not that Lomza is a bad beer.

Maybe next you should go over to Motors and tell them they're trendy assholes because they don't all want to drive 15-year old Puntos.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Got me there Gray,I do hear ya barking though,hell I'll pay €4.40 a bottle for some 'craft beer' which tastes the same as every other brew just to appear, 'in the know '

Ok bro, I know where you are coming from.

Taking clueless to a whole new level.

Turpentine wrote: »
    You're not even touching the ceiling there buddy. But €4.00 for a Lomza would be dear, not that Lomza is a bad beer.

Maybe next you should go over to Motors and tell them they're trendy assholes because they don't all want to drive 15-year old Puntos.

Maybe I should , maybe I should, maybe I should start a discussion on 'what car are you driving this week' and start into 7 series Beemers, Porche Carreras,Bentlys and Lamborghinis .

That's what you are intimating innit?

Uh mmmm

You sound mad insecure.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

Maybe I should , maybe I should, maybe I should start a discussion on 'what car are you driving this week' and start into 7 series Beemers, Porche Carreras,Bentlys and Lamborghinis .

That's what you are intimating innit?

Uh mmmm

Go for it, sure it'll keep you occupied.

• Advertisement

An File wrote: »
    Taking clueless to a whole new level.

A Chara !

Inis dom an scēal!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement