Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm rediscovering weißbiers this week. Had an Erdinger Dunkel on Sunday, half a Weissbier last night, and trying their Kristall for the first time this evening. Makes for a very refreshing change from my usual ales and porters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

**** you Wednesday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Picked up some magic rock cans too. Sampled the pale ale in blackrock cellar. Tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Might be worth venturing outside for this, I've almost bested man flu.

Has anybody heard what beers they have with them?

Here at the moment, Pom Pom Phantom, Pear-vert phantom, St. Clement Phantom, Grammy Ray, Bloody ell, spresso, and Skull King

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Picked up some magic rock cans too. Sampled the pale ale in blackrock cellar. Tasty!

It certainly is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Tried posting pics earlier but I can't get it to work for some reason.

Gasworks near Grand Canal train station is savage for beer being a Galway Bay pub.

I just had Aikau amber ale which imo is a really good sessionable Amber pretty heavily hopped.

I then had a full sail IPA as I've never had it on draft which to be fair was slightly disappointing after the Amber. I think the Amber was more heavily hopped oddly enough which tarnished my tastebuds slightly. Still a good beer and I normally really like it from the bottle but the Amber had me spoilt I reckon.

Lastly I had change of the gaurd.
    This is immense, triple red IPA at 11%. What a beer!! Just wow.

In other news I had their burger which was grand for a bit of soakage. Nothing special but decent at the same time.

Not a bad end to a Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Mikkeller black imperial stout, 15%, very very good. What I'd give to try a bourbon aged version of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Manager special Corvus stout in blanch spoons. €1.95 a pint. Must be getting dropped as its no longer on the menu.
    2 pints for under 4 quid, now that's value.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Got four bottles of mcgargles 'francis big bangin IPA' here in Galway for 10 euro. Hoppy taste and considering its 7.1% is surprisingly easy on the throat!! Got a foam and fury too as a finisher after :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

This is more of a "what do we want to drink this week" type question but has anyone had the 200 Fathoms stout by Galway Bay?

• Advertisement

This is more of a "what do we want to drink this week" type question but has anyone had the 200 Fathoms stout by Galway Bay?

Absolutely. Strong but to be sipped, savoured and enjoyed. Last one I had lasted me an hour but that was sheer willpower ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

smurf492 wrote: »
    Got four bottles of mcgargles 'francis big bangin IPA' here in Galway for 10 euro. Hoppy taste and considering its 7.1% is surprisingly easy on the throat!! Got a foam and fury too as a finisher after :-D
    a tenner? where? Dunnes have them for 8 quid usually.

Or 7 if you're a schneaky fecker. ;)

jsa112 wrote: »
    Mikkeller black imperial stout, 15%, very very good. What I'd give to try a bourbon aged version of this!

Bought a bottle and stashed it, looking forward to Christmas already :-)

a tenner? where? Dunnes have them for 8 quid usually.

Sorry baldy. Joyces in Galway. Big ass promotional stand!

Sorry baldy. Joyces in Galway. Big ass promotional stand!

where they are charging 25% more than they should be.

I thought 10 for 4 was good value?? If you're getting 4 for 8, hats off :-)

500 ml bottles

500 ml bottles

Well then :-) :-)

500 ml bottles

Ah-ha

Bargain then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,760 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Or 7 if you're a schneaky fecker. ;)

My local Dunnes was showing the ravages of that last weekend - there'd been so much swapping of bottles from the promo packs that there were actual Francis packs with random bottles in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I got more joy of walking into drinkstore and spotting magic rock cans than the Beavertown event, although it was well ran and ye got looked after.

I just can't justify their price point anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

RasTa wrote: »
    I got more joy of walking into drinkstore and spotting magic rock cans than the Beavertown event, although it was well ran and ye got looked after.

I just can't justify their price point anymore.

To be fair there were 2 Berliner Weisses that took what, a year of aging, a sour that took probably 18 months, an Imperial Coffee stout, an imperial IPA and a 7% IPA with blood oranges. That's hardly your run of the mill line-up.

While there I had a flick through their regular menu and they had 200 fathoms for an eye watering €15.90.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Having a pint of nailed it in the porterhouse. Liking this one a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

O'Hara's 20th Anniversary Imperial Stout. Proper, proper stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Chuppa Siopa

Kinnegar Rustbucket and Liverpool....incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Anyone tried GBB's new blackberry IPA, Beneath the Brambles?

Sounds interesting.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yeah. Not a fan. But fruit-flavoured IPAs rarely do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

Grayditch wrote:
    O'Hara's 20th Anniversary Imperial Stout. Proper, proper stuff.

Got some in Martin's last week but haven't opened it yet. How would it compare to other imperial stouts such as 200 fathoms or founders etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I got a few shares in brewdogs equity for punks

Have a 20% discount as result so bought scatter of stuff this evening, including Dog E, Die another Day, Elvis Juice and Monk Hammer.

Looking forward to the delivery arriving!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement