Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Markcheese wrote: »
    if a customer comes up looking parmesan cheese and I say sorry aint got it but I have an irish equivalent they'll probably
    Walk...if I say yup I have parmesan bit I also have this local equivalent which is great...they'll probably buy the local - something to do with human nature...
    A closer analogy would be if they asked for Easi Singles. And, IMO, they're less likely to be interested in an alternative that isn't familiar and probably won't resemble what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I think I need to try Elvis Juice again. After someone describing it as lilt that was all I could taste. needed a bit more malt or something to make it taste like a beer rather than a soft drink

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I think I need to try Elvis Juice again. After someone describing it as lilt that was all I could taste. needed a bit more malt or something to make it taste like a beer rather than a soft drink

I thought that for the first can but the alcopop / soft drink taste wore off after that. You kinda expect a more normal/regular IPA bitterness but it doesn't really come.

That said I found it grows on you after the first can and became for me anyway more of a beer when I shook my IPA expectations and accepted it for the take on the genre that it is.

Wouldn't be one id be running back for more of but interesting all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,235 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Had a couple of Francis' Big Banging IPA last night. Cracking beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Sleepy wrote: »
    Had a couple of Francis' Big Banging IPA last night. Cracking beer.

Anyone know where you can get this in Kilkenny?

I see all the other McGargles beers for sale but never this one and I've been meaning to try it for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Dunnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Dunnes?

I don't get into Dunnes often but when I'm there, the beer's usually not.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,235 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I got it in Tesco.

Ok, I'll admit it, I stuffed one of the sampler packs with 4 of the Francis... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sweet jesus, jaipur is 2.75 a pint in weatherspoons at the moment. Had one too many last night so having a cure now.

On cask

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

RasTa wrote: »
    Sweet jesus, jaipur is 2.75 a pint in weatherspoons at the moment. Had one too many last night so having a cure now.

On cask

That's some price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Diving Bell by Galway Bay Brewery.

Heavy, salty, caramel aftertaste.

Very enjoyable beer.

Eating and drinking in it!

That's some price

Tell me about it, they said they only got 1 cask in but plan to have it in weekly. Surprised how clear it was but they mentioned it might go up in price, has some ultra premium tag on it.

Out in the D15 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Out in the D15 one.
    WHAT!!!!! :pac:

oblivious wrote: »
    WHAT!!!!! :pac:

Yeah my one too many was thanks to Jaipur at that price and didn't want to share any, however if this does become a regular than lordy...

Yeah my one too many was thanks to Jaipur
    There's even a word for that feeling: "Jaipoorly".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

T'was my birthday over the weekend and my brother gifted me a few bottles of a lovely stout by Pokertree Brewery called Treacle Oat Stout. Mercy me, it was delicious! I do enjoy dark beers but though I like the odd bottle of stout, sometimes it can be a bit too bitter with the aftertaste. Not so with this- it has a strong chocolate/caramel taste with a pleasent coffee aftertaste and is a very smooth drink.
    I've yet to try the rest of the Pokertree offerings but so far, so lovely! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

BeerNut wrote: »
    There's even a word for that feeling: "Jaipoorly".

Good Lord.

Anyone know where you can get this in Kilkenny?

I see all the other McGargles beers for sale but never this one and I've been meaning to try it for a while.

Dunnes do it in 330ml 4 packs. Rye river are launching it and the cousin Rosie pale ale in 500ml bottles which will be in Dunnes from tomorrow. Probably be available elsewhere as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

My current schedule for this evening has been updated to include Jaipur.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

My schedule now includes narking my local spoons to get a cask of Jaipur in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Had a glass of change of the guard last night enjoyed it a lot.

I have enjoyed the Red IPA trend this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Jaipur is no more. I just missed out. :(
    Barman said he ordered two casks and only got one. Hoping to get more in but it'll probably be slightly more expensive vs the others next time. 3.25ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

I've a couple of cans of Elvis Juice to try tonight. Seems to have gotten some varied reviews here. Got some nice beers in my Brewdog beer subscription. Their Hop Fiction pale ale is magic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Got a sample of brewdog shipwreck this evening, so bought a bottle, at 13.8% I might leave her for the moment, but then again I've no work this week :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

What was the sample like? Might get a bottle of it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Was very tempted to buy a bottle of Brewdog Born to Die tonight. Is it worth the price tag?

matrim wrote: »
    Is it worth the price tag?
    If you want to drink Born To Die, then yes -- buying it is the best way to achieve that. If you just want a first-rate double IPA but are counting your pennies, Surrender To The Void is cheaper and very much in the same league.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Anybody seen the O'Haras 20th Anniversary Stout around Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Molloys in Clonsilla had it the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

Got a bottle in Martin's in Fairview two weeks ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement