Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Anybody seen the O'Haras 20th Anniversary Stout around Dublin?

Got one in McHughs Malahide Rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Donnybrook Fair, Donnybrook.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

VW 1 wrote: »
    Got a bottle in Martin's in Fairview two weeks ago.

They were all gone last Friday...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Drinkstore had it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

BeerNut wrote: »
    If you want to drink Born To Die, then yes -- buying it is the best way to achieve that. If you just want a first-rate double IPA but are counting your pennies, Surrender To The Void is cheaper and very much in the same league.

I second the born to die. I just went and got another bottle, such a clean tasting IPA and so fresh. I wish brew dog did this more than once a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I second the born to die. I just went and got another bottle, such a clean tasting IPA and so fresh. I wish brew dog did this more than once a year.

They do. There was two in 2015 one in July and one in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KenjiOdo

Drinking some "Blue Moon" other day.. felt like a traitor.. (MUFC fan).. got it confused with one of these http://konabrewingco.com/our-beers/ which i've heard good things about but yet to taste.. Not sure if all available in Ireland but any reviews for these beers would be helpful ty

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

They do. There was two in 2015 one in July and one in November.

Woohoo! I must have missed the november one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I hate when this happens... Walk into the hotel bar and see Oharas pale ale on tap.
    Order it and they reply "sorry we don't sell it anymore as it didn't sell" then I look all over for other beers that might do and he can see the panic in my eyes and he suggests Smithicks blonde or Peroni as they are "craft type beers"

I see at the end of the bar they have Rebel red and Cute Hoor so I take a Rebel Red and he says I don't drink ales or red beer so wouldn't know what they are like.

Sometimes I wonder do bars want to sell beer or just keep it easy especially in a hotel.

Edit : 2 Welsh lads saw me drinking the Rebel red and they asked me what it was and they started drinking it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

KenjiOdo wrote: »
    Drinking some "Blue Moon" other day.. felt like a traitor.. (MUFC fan).. got it confused with one of these http://konabrewingco.com/our-beers/ which i've heard good things about but yet to taste.. Not sure if all available in Ireland but any reviews for these beers would be helpful ty

Yeah Kona is available in Ireland. My local supervalu seems to have a fairly regular stock of it. Its been a long time since I've had it but I remember liking it. I think I remember the Pale Ale or the IPA being decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

Double Irish. Fantastically balanced, really hides the 9% well. 8 degrees do very little wrong in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

VW 1 wrote: »
    Double Irish. Fantastically balanced, really hides the 9% well. 8 degrees do very little wrong in my eyes.

...except sell all their beers in teeny 330ml bottles! :mad:

I'd love to be able to get 500 ml bottles of some of their sessionable beers.

Just had a couple of can's of Whiplash's Surrender to the Void.
    Possibly not as good as draft, but a really good beer. Hides the abv well, but its defo in there!

followed by
    Brooklyn's Black Chocolate Stout.
    Lovely beer, will be buying this again. can pick it up in Super Valu for less than €4 which is decent value for a 10% which tastes this good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

BrewDog - Born to Die.
    Amazingly hoppy beer.
    Incredible.

O'Hara's Imperial Stout
    Very treacly.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Got 4 mcgargles big bangin ales in dunnes tonight. 3.50 each which aint bad considering its 7.1%. Gotta say im really liking it and reckon dunnes should have it on offer regularly considering they always have rocketship in there 4 for 9 euro deal. Got the mcgargles apple cider and mixed berry 4 for 10 last week. Sweet but lovely for a hot day, got 2 free pint glasses too! Sorry to sound like a shill but big bangin is pushing my buttons these days ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheRealPONeill

<SNIP>

If you have nothing useful to contribute to the thread then please refrain from posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

KenjiOdo wrote: »
    http://konabrewingco.com/our-beers/ which i've heard good things about but yet to taste.. Not sure if all available in Ireland but any reviews for these beers would be helpful ty

Best one is their Casaway IPA. Nice refreshing IPA with plenty of hops. Really great one for summer drinking.
    Fire Rock is pretty decent too but a little light on flavour. Little bit like an amber ale I suppose.
    Wasn't too gone on the lager they produce but I'm not a bit lager fan anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Haven't had Castaway but I liked Big Wave, and Pipeline Porter is quite good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

Martins have just gotten some 2016 KBS in, picked up a couple of bottles at lunchtime.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Liamo08 wrote: »
    Martins have just gotten some 2016 KBS in, picked up a couple of bottles at lunchtime.

Do they do deliveries outside of Dublin? I have a bottle og KBS at home from last year, saved for whenever the next batch became available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

An File wrote: »
    Do they do deliveries outside of Dublin? I have a bottle og KBS at home from last year, saved for whenever the next batch became available.

Yeah I think so http://www.martinsofflicence.ie/delivery/ I doubt it will appear on their website before it's sold out (Think they might only have one case of it) so you'd be better to give them a call and see will they add it to a package.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

What shops are stocking Whiplash atm? Was in Molloy's leopardstown today and was told they stock nothing from rye river, can't see it on obriens website either, will be in town tomorrow so hoping baggot St wines might have it.

Picked up a couple of can's in Martin's in Fairview last weekend. They went down very well last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sandy1979

What shops are stocking Whiplash atm? Was in Molloy's leopardstown today and was told they stock nothing from rye river, can't see it on obriens website either, will be in town tomorrow so hoping baggot St wines might have it.

You will pick it up on Martins website martinsofflicence.ie/whiplash/

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Haven't seen Surrender to the Void in any of the usual south central offies....Whelans/Redmonds/SCR Mace/Baggot Street Wines

Can't be bothered going all the way to north for a couple of cans after work....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

Picked up two KBS in martins this afternoon. Also got a few other IPAs but got two ora he is the new black which I haven't tried before and a Firestone easy jack which I've been meaning yo sample.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Not in town but it is available in Kennys in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

O'Brother's Huck Saison. Wonderful beer. In my view,their best yet. Probably my favourite Irish saison too,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a Brewdog Born to Die. Lovely and fresh with loads of pine and citrus backed up by a nice sweetness.

Now having a Beaverstown Skull King. This one is a different beast. Not as bitter and much more malty and boozy but still lovely and in some ways nicer than the Born to Die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

O'Brother's Huck Saison. Wonderful beer. In my view,their best yet. Probably my favourite Irish saison too,

They told me about that at the beer and whiskey festival on Paddys day. Looking forward to trying it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement