Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Had a Wild Beer Co. Millionaire Stout last night. Very nice but not worth the €5.70 for a 330ml bottle from the offie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

What shops are stocking Whiplash atm? Was in Molloy's leopardstown today and was told they stock nothing from rye river, can't see it on obriens website either, will be in town tomorrow so hoping baggot St wines might have it.

Hope you told them that it's not a Rye River Beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Anyone had a pint of Full Sail recently?

I think they've changed it somewhat, tastes even nicer now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Son0vagun wrote: »
    What shops are stocking Whiplash atm? Was in Molloy's leopardstown today and was told they stock nothing from rye river, can't see it on obriens website either, will be in town tomorrow so hoping baggot St wines might have it.

Hope you told them that it's not a Rye River Beer.
    Yeah he knew, anyway just sipping on Beneath the brambles here in the gasworks, it's not bad, the Elvis Juice on draft is temping to make a mockery of my intention of popping in for one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Has anyone tried Magic Rocks Grapefruit High Wire? Much better beer then Elvis Juice imo. Much more balanced and not all about the grapefruit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Magic Rocks Grapefruit High Wire? Much better beer then Elvis Juice imo. Much more balanced and not all about the grapefruit.

Haven't tried this but will def give it a shot. just had their High Wire West coast Pale Ale which I thought was excellent. A little bit like Gamma Ray and a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Supping some Cider made from last years apple juice group guy in the NHC.
    Bottled after 6 months in the Carboy. Very nice dry still cider.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've two of the Independent barley wines (one aged in bourbon barrels, the other in brandy). Might be a bit strong for a quiet night in though.

Found Black Lightning in a bar in Limerick last night. Very nice black IPA, would try again.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Currently drinking a Brewdog Libertine Black IPA. I picked it up by mistake as I really don't like IPAs, but I decided to give it a go anyway. While I wouldn't be rushing out to buy another, I'm pleasantly surprised by how drinkable it is. It has the strong citrus smell of a typical IPA, but the dark malts balance out the bitterness to the point where a malt-lover like me can drink it without recoiling in horror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Was at BrewCon2016

Declan, of Simon Lambert & Son, and well known brewer, has excelled himself with his Berliner. It's a great beer. Sour as fook, and flavoursome too.

Also had a couple of the Whiplash beers, brewed by Alex from Rye River - Session IPA packs a great punch for a sub-4% IPA, and the Scaldy Porter was excellent too.

There were some great speakers too.

It was a great event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭satguy

Am on an aldi special tonight..

tuD2txam.jpg

With something nice on the side..

Finally getting to try the Torpedo Extra IPA.

I posted a few weeks back that I tried the standard IPA and didn't think it was worth the cost compared to pint bottles of rivals.

Was out in Salthill last night and said id take a look in Lohans, they have different Sierra Nevada options than the usual places.
    They had the Topedo cans, 4 x 16oz for e14, which was the same as the standard IPA so said id try it for that. (anybody see better prices than that anywhere?, seemed great to me compared to SV).

Its much nicer.... Also probably the strongest tasting of the Extra IPAs I've had.

Also to further add to earlier compliments.

Had 4 of the 330ml Big Banging Francis during the week, definitely a lovely one.
    The slightly cheaper successor to Scraggy Bay from all I've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Tried all tree Whiplash brews. All great, the Rollover session IPA was my favourite. The cans were four days old and had a seriously fresh buzz off the hops, more complex hop profile than any other Irish pale I've had

• Cider but still..Orchards Thieves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Lagunitas Maximum. Nice stuff. Wish I'd gotten the large bottle of Lagunitas Sucks instead, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

To bid farewell to the weekend a bottle of Boon Oude Geuze

Tried the mcgargles ciders, the apple one tastes like those apple jack sweets. I wasn't mad about it. The mixed berry cider wasn't great either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Had a pint of Galway hooker on draught in Sean's Bar Athlone last night not great...much nicer from the bottle.
    Probably not much flow on it there...all Heineken bud and Bulmers drinkers

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Yuzilla Phantom is the best sour I've tasted. It's not over the top sour like some of the others and really grew on me after the a while.
    Yeastie Boys digital IPA has the real brewdog flavour up front but then has an odd flavour at the end that I can't quite place. Not sure I'd buy it again.
    Have a bottle of Born to Die waiting at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Someone help me choose one of these to have tonight?

58N1da1l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

fjon wrote: »

58N1da1l.jpg

I just had the O'Brother Huck saison. It's OK a bit too malty so it takes away from it a bit for me. Would have preferred something a bit lighter and more refreshing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

fjon wrote: »

58N1da1l.jpg

Born to die if you are going to insist on having just the one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Drink the born to die, its gradually degrading as we speak.
    They should put a little count down timer on the bottle so you know its getting worse by the second.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I treated myself again. Got a delivery from Drinkstore today.
    2x KBS (2016)
    2x O'Hara's 20th anniversary stout
    2x Elvis Juice
    2x Oude Geuze Mariage Parfait
    1x Cantillon Lambic

Going to put most of them away for a while (or a few years) and crack open an Elvis Juice now.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Folks, noticed elvis juice in a locql GBB. Didn't have a chance to try? Is it that nice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

smurf492 wrote: »
    Folks, noticed elvis juice in a locql GBB. Didn't have a chance to try? Is it that nice?

it's better than that

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

smurf492 wrote: »

If you like IPA and grapefruit juice, it's lovely.

TBH it's a bit of an alcopop but a very nice beery one.

It goes down easier than some of my exes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Very impressed with Blacks of Kinsale Kings End. An easy to drink imperial stout. Couldnt believe it was 8.5%.

• Advertisement

O'Hara's 20th anniversary imperial stout. Bottle. Flawless (apart from the typo on the label ;) #grammarnazi)

<_<

>_>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement