Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

An File wrote: »
    O'Hara's 20th anniversary imperial stout. Bottle. Flawless (apart from the typo on the lable ;)#grammarnazi)

Oh no.:o

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Brewdog Monk Hammer and Founders Mosaic Promise. Thought the former was OK but didn't think the two styles complemented each greatly. Enjoying the Founders though.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Brewdog Monk Hammer and Founders Mosaic Promise. Thought the former was OK but didn't think the two styles complemented each greatly. Enjoying the Founders though.
    Add your reply here.

Yeah I didnt like Monkhammer at all, I feel that Belgian yeast clashes with the IPA style.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

First time having Boyne Brewhouse's Born in a Day APA from a bottle. Not quite as crisp as the draught but it's a nice pale ale, fairly sessionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Rascals beers down in the hole in the wall 4 euro a pint tonight. Lovely beers.
    Staff are always a bit clueless down there on the rare occasion I go down but lovely beers all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Whiplash - Rollover Session IPA. Cracking beer, just a pity I only got 2/3's of a can. :(

Bizarrely the can was sealed but it was way off being full. Something I've never come across before. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

GBB's Beneath the Brambles, a blackberry IPA 6.5%.

Really liked this one, the blackberry worked really well with the hop bitterness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

jh79 wrote: »
    GBB's Beneath the Brambles, a blackberry IPA 6.5%.

Really liked this one, the blackberry worked really well with the hop bitterness.

Agreed on this quite enjoyed it and thought I wouldn't. Am I wrong in thinking the increase in these fruit flavoured IPAs are trying to compensate for the shortage in hops this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Off to Brussels next week, any beer that is an absolute must? All help greatly appreciated

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Off to Brussels next week, any beer that is an absolute must? All help greatly appreciated
    Anything by Cantillon. Brussels in a glass. They should have the straight Cantillon lambic on cask in Moeder Lambic Fontainas: well worth a punt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Go to Cantillon.

Eat at Nuetnigenough, get beer there too.

Visit Le Mort Subite bar.

Drink beer in Moeder Lambic, it's a great bar.

Are you young-ish? If so, go to Delerium Cafe, if you are over 30 avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭toffeeshel

Are you young-ish? If so, go to Delerium Cafe, if you are over 30 avoid it.

I presume you avoided it

toffeeshel wrote: »
    I presume you avoided it

:D

In had two drinks in the time it took herself to drink one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I can't say for Brussells specific bars or beers you should see if you can get some De Struise Brouwers beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

King Puck by Crafty Devils really liked this IPA. Starts of with some sweetness then finishes nice and citrus hop bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Agreed on this quite enjoyed it and thought I wouldn't. Am I wrong in thinking the increase in these fruit flavoured IPAs are trying to compensate for the shortage in hops this year?

I doubt it, the hop content won't change dramatically.

I like this beer too, I could only taste the fruit when it cooled a little. It reminded me of foam and fury at first.

Foam an fury is only going to be released twice a year now due to hop shortages :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

KBS and 200 Fathoms taste off later on :-)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

KBS and 200 Fathoms taste off later on :-)

It'll be interesting to see how your results compare to this guy's

Zaph wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how your results compare to this guy's

Good man, I think this year's 200 Fathoms will be nicer a few months down the line maybe more, I have 4 bottles and 2 KBS so will revisit them both around new years

I've got three of each myself, plus I've still got one 2015 200 Fathoms and two 2015 KBS. Must organise a proper tasting session, especially with the older bottles. :)

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    I've got three of each myself, plus I've still got one 2015 200 Fathoms and two 2015 KBS. Must organise a proper tasting session, especially with the older bottles. :)

I'll happily help out ;-)

I'll happily help out ;-)

Such selflessness. :D

me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Metalmans new lager Zwickle is very nice and refreshing.
    Not a fan of lager but this is very nice indeed.

Scaldy Porter is decent

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Scaldy Porter is decent

I really liked it.

Having a Siren Craft Brew - Vanilla Weisse at the moment and really enjoying it. These guys know how to make a good sour.

The KBS is stronger this year, into wine territory. I didn't like it as much as last year's tbh but maybe it just needs to age a bit. Picked up 4 so I'll leave them be until Christmas or sometime next year.

It's mad how available KBS is over here atm. Don't they go nuts over in the US when it gets released? Not complaint though....long may it continue! :)

Didn't think this year's 200 Fathoms was as good as previous year's either. I had one saved from last year and cracked it open a couple of weeks ago (after trying the 2016), and it was just sublime. Up there with the best in the world imo.
    I have a couple of them put away to see how they age.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Today I've lined up O'Hara's Notorious and Black's Rocketship. First time for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

Nothing unusual but buried at sea on draught in the beerhouse. Its a different animal on draught, its fine from a bottle but fantastic on tap.

VW 1 wrote: »
    Nothing unusual but buried at sea on draught in the beerhouse. Its a different animal on draught, its fine from a bottle but fantastic on tap.

It's my go to in Beer Traders atm, fantastic stout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Finally had the Grafters IPA this evening, pleasantly surprised with how good it is and at that price too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement