Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

1x O'Hara's Imperial Stout (2016)
    2x KBS (2016)
    1x KBS (2015)
    2x 200 Fathoms (2015)
    2x 200 Fathoms (2016)

In a box, for storage.

Y'all jelly? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Well KBS won this bout for me, just an all round better balanced beer atm, 200 Fathoms will be a different beast come the rematch I'm sure

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Amirani wrote: »
    Today I've lined up O'Hara's Notorious and Black's Rocketship. First time for both.

Notorious was grand, Rocketship a bit disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Had a glass of Soulwater's Cosmic Cow stout (terrible name) during the week. It was delicious, nicely balanced with decent body for circa 4%.

I'd a Founders Moasic Promise last night and thought it was lovely. Nice and malty with some dry bitterness from the Moasic hops. Nothing too complex, but it doesn't always have to be to be good.

Picked up an O'Hara's Imperial Stout and Founders KBS today. Too much to have both in the one night or okay if spaced out? Presumably the O'Hara's is the one to drink first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Picked up a few bottles of Kinnegar as it's been a while, couldn't decide what I wanted so ended up with a Rustbucket, Scraggy Bay, Devils Back Bone along with a Swingletree. Wondering if I should have the Swingletree first or last as its a 7% Last time I had it was Swingletree II which I loved, but that was only a 5.8.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Jaipur in Weatherspoons in Blanch is 3.10 a pint. It's on cask and going down very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

ciaran76 wrote:
    Jaipur in Weatherspoons in Blanch is 3.10 a pint. It's on cask and going down very well.

Was 2.75 a go in dun laoghaire last week, and went down just as well! Really is getting into IPA weather.

Amirani wrote: »
    Picked up an O'Hara's Imperial Stout and Founders KBS today. Too much to have both in the one night or okay if spaced out? Presumably the O'Hara's is the one to drink first?

O'Hara's Imperial Stout was very enjoyable. KBS is incredible though, fantastic beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

Of all beers, all prices, what would anyone rate as their best value of quality/taste for price?

Sipping on a founders imperial stout and for me it is very hard to loom past the quality gotten for the price paid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

VW 1 wrote: »
    Of all beers, all prices, what would anyone rate as their best value of quality/taste for price?
    Toss-up between Mahrs Helles (~€2 for a half-litre on draught) and Cantillon Gueuze (~€5 for a takeaway 75cl bottle).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had some O'Haras Notorious Red IPA on Friday. It's a decent red a bit less malty than their usual one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

BeerNut wrote: »
    Toss-up between Mahrs Helles (~€2 for a half-litre on draught) and Cantillon Gueuze (~€5 for a takeaway 75cl bottle).
    Well paying for a flight to Belgium bumps up the price of the Cantillon a fair bit!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

True. Always better to get someone else to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

Well the day finally came when i had to dump a beer that had no oxidisation or other flaws, just hated the beer. Sirens vanilla weisse, I bought as I'm getting used to sour beers and love vanilla, but the aroma was sickly to me but the taste wasnt as bad, really nice sourness. The aroma was really artificail to me, so down the drain and followed up with a saison dupont to cleanse the palette.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

calnand wrote: »
    Well the day finally came when i had to dump a beer that had no oxidisation or other flaws, just hated the beer. Sirens vanilla weisse, I bought as I'm getting used to sour beers and love vanilla, but the aroma was sickly to me but the taste wasnt as bad, really nice sourness. The aroma was really artificail to me, so down the drain and followed up with a saison dupont to cleanse the palette.

Great. Beer. Great brewery. Something is wrong with you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

My first Changing of the guard. Really well balanced but a little bland if I'm honest. Everything kind of cancelled each other out. I also got a weird scallion taste on the finish. Very decent beer though, show cased the ability of both brewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Just enjoyed a Bottle of Magic Rocks Un-Human Cannonball. Really great triple IPA, much better then last years. Not as bitter, but more juicy and fruity.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think Beavertown's Bloody 'Ell is nicer than Elvis Juice. Bit more expensive, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Sipped on Beavertown & To Ol Dr Jekyll last night, a very nice sour, will keep Mr Hyde for another night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭MarcoAntonio23

Had a Grafters Pale Ale, Grafters IPA & a Francis Big Banging IPA back to back.
    All juicy bangers as I like to call them.
    I don't enjoy Rye Rivers core range, but for quality, fresh hopped Irish beers, I find these 3 hard to beat taste-wise & price-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

BrewDog - Elvis Juice.
    Really nice, think I'll have to get a few more cans of this.

8Degree's - Nailed it.
    Bit disappointed, I think I'd prefer the Full Irish

Founder - Breakfast Stout.
    Disappointed in this, not bad, but just expected so much I guess. Have a KBS to sample yet, so hoping for better things here.

Noticed over the weekend, I have a fair collection waiting in the wings..
    Rochefort 6, 8, & 10.
    2 x Founders Russian Imperial Stout
    1 x Founders KBS
    1 x Founders Dirty Bastard
    1 x Founders Backwood Bastard
    1 x White Gypsy Russian Imperial Stout 750ml
    1 x St Bernardus Prior 8 750ml
    1 x Chimay Blue 750ml
    1 x poperings Hommel Bier 750ml
    2 x White Hag Black Boar 330ml
    2 x Karmeliet Triple

I think I need another bank holiday weekend

BrewDog - Elvis Juice.
    Really nice, think I'll have to get a few more cans of this.

8Degree's - Nailed it.
    Bit disappointed, I think I'd prefer the Full Irish

Founder - Breakfast Stout.
    Disappointed in this, not bad, but just expected so much I guess. Have a KBS to sample yet, so hoping for better things here.

Rochefort 6, 8, & 10.
    1 x Founders KBS
    1 x Chimay Blue 750ml
    2 x Karmeliet Triple

Some absolute classics in there. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Brewdog - Shipwreck. Nice subtle smokiness to it but a bit too boozy for me I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Rochefort 6, 8, & 10.
    1 x Founders KBS
    1 x Chimay Blue 750ml
    2 x Karmeliet Triple

Come on, it's a thread about what we have drank :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

So, the shop below my Apartment has become a Fresh Foodstore. This evening I have discovered they have Founders Centennial among other wonderful ales. Founders Centennial mere yards below me, sure what chance does a man have?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

An File wrote: »
    I think Beavertown's Bloody 'Ell is nicer than Elvis Juice. Bit more expensive, though.

McHughs didn't have one of the beers I wanted so he suggested I swap it out for a Bloody Ell'. Glad I agreed to now, sounds like a good one.

I've a can of Smog Rocket in front of me, but scarcely the energy to open it!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

An File wrote: »
    I agree, think it's not even close between these two beers. Bloody 'Ell has a far more subtle fruit flavour, tastes less like chemicals and has a better alcohol balance in the taste as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Anyone spot any KBS still available around Dublin?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement