Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Work tomorrow so saving the 3 blacks range until tomorrow, heard good things

Where did you get these? I haven't seem them around yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

tried that Monkhammer, got no Belgian in the taste, only the Brett in the aroma, only strong hops for no reason. Don't like it, dry from the Belgian yeast but no character.

I'm a fan of most Brew Dog too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

matrim wrote: »
    Where did you get these? I haven't seem them around yet

Blackrock Cellar

Good few KBS still left in Molloy's leopardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Good few KBS still left in Molloy's leopardstown

Cheers, got myself 2. They have a few Born to Die too which are due to "die" today.

• Advertisement

fjon wrote: »
    Cheers, got myself 2. They have a few Born to Die too which are due to "die" today.

I was tempted but I've had 2 already and I was getting looks from herself as the basket got bigger and bigger :-)

I was getting looks from herself as the basket got bigger and bigger :-)

haha, we've all been there!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

My wife tends to add more beer to my basket after I reckon I have enough. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KenjiOdo

Local O'Briens had 4 for €10

Didn't realise it was 8.2% at time of purchase - 3 bottle same alcohol content as a bottle of wine??

Head gone after 2, very heavy dark beer, hints of bourbon, (Jim Beam man) be careful with this haha.
    Kentucky Bourbon Ale

10% version

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Elvis Juice. Tis ok I suppose.

• Advertisement

Had an O'Haras OPSession earlier. It's down as a session IPA but is very malt forward with only light hop bitterness. If you prefer malty pale ales this would be a good low abv choice

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Impressed with the Highwire Grapefruit Pale Ale, grapefruit and hop ratio matched to a tee. Tried the Elvis Juice again, not as memorable as my first one but alas enjoyable in this warm weather!

Now having a Blacks Mosiac IPA. Nice tropical flavours with mango and pineapple. It's lovely and refreshing

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

I had a founders backwoods bastard earlier, does it always have the super strong bourbon flavour? I was worried I had left it in the fridge too long.

Still a nice beer, lovely warm malty aftertaste. Would be better in winter!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Have only had it once, but the bourbon flavour was very prominent, so I presume it's meant to be. I'm a bourbon drinker, so this beer is near perfection as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Had Siren Vanilla Weisse and really liked it. More sour than I was expecting and liked the vanilla aftertaste . Certainly one I would drink again in the warm weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jimmy_b

A little bit of franciscian well rebel red, will be had a fine if i say so myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,760 ✭✭✭✭L1011

In a bar with the finest selection of fraft I've ever seen. More fraft than big name macros. Time to work my way through Guinness versions I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

tSoPQq9l.png

you have two left hands!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Yeah the right hands were holding the bottle opener and phone

I love that Zaff thanked my post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Finally got to try Eight Degrees Nailed it. Thought it was superb. Even nicer than the Full Irish. Hopefully it becomes a permanent fixture

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

Bogman Irish Ale, 4.9%

Claims to be an American style pale ale but I'm not sure bit too much malt and not enough hops. Closer to an amber. Nice all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

The Pilgrim - Woodkey Brewing; Such a fantastic ale, never disappoints. At this rate its probably my favourite out red ale there. Looking forward and expecting great things from this Brand in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Really enjoyed Citra by 8 Degrees. Looking forward to see what's next in their single hop series.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Been drinking cisk all week here in Malta. It's fine for €2.50 a pint but Christ I'd give my left leg to taste some hops again :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Been drinking cisk all week here in Malta. It's fine for €2.50 a pint but Christ I'd give my left leg to taste some hops again :)

Craft beer available!
    http://www.lordchambray.com.mt/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,384 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I had some Black Boar stout this week, made by White Hag.

Described as an imperial oatmeal stout, 10.2%.

Very drinkable, you don't taste the high ABV.

3.20 for a glass, 284ml.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Never really shop in Dunnes but happened to be in one and got a couple of Grafters IPA for the first time. It's decent, at first i thought it was bordering on acrid but thats passing. At €2.45 a bottle, well, it's top value.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement