Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Harviestoun Schiehallion. Lovely crisp, refreshing lager for the warm, muggy weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Had the Aldi O'Shea's Belgian Wit Wheat, thought it was fantastic really refreshing with an almost saison like quality. My nearest o'brien's in Dalkey has a poor enough selection was hoping to pick up some more wheat beers to follow up for herself but they only had hoegaarden which tasted really insipid after the O'Shea's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Had the Aldi O'Shea's Belgian Wit Wheat, thought it was fantastic really refreshing with an almost saison like quality. My nearest o'brien's in Dalkey has a poor enough selection was hoping to pick up some more wheat beers to follow up for herself but they only had hoegaarden which tasted really insipid after the O'Shea's.

I wasn't a big fan, just a bit wired to be drink and highly filtered Wit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Belgian beer selection pack from Lidl including Gouden Draak tripel and quadruple. 6 for €15 a good price, would normally come in at over €20 to buy individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ciaran76 wrote: »
    All night long from Rascals, very nice IPA. 5 for 10 helps too.

I absolutely loved it. Fantastic beer on it's own, and the price makes it even better. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

went to Drinkstore at the weekend and they hadn't any - who IS selling it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's a collab between Molloys and Rascals for the Euros, so I doubt you'll get it anywhere other than in Molloys.

I see.

I wonder if there's a molloys near me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

All night long is a rascals/ molloys collaboration, just molloys for now

yeah it's grand, there's a molloys about a minute drive from my house, I've called them and they have it in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Piraat x 6 special in Lidl.

Belgium rocket-fuel

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Up in Belfast for a cupla days so trying a few new to me, Bittles Hip Hop IPA made for them by Ards Brewery, really drinkable and fresh. Crazy Mountain Hookiebobb IPA, 6.5% some caramel maltyness, a hit of orangey hops and a strong bitter hop finish, very nice. Bullhouse Small Axe session IPA, again very drinkable and fresh, light hoppy finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Piraat x 6 special in Lidl.

Belgium rocket-fuel

It's not just Piraat it's a mixed case, still a box of rocket fuel nonetheless

Onto a Farmageddon IPA now, cracking beer, well balanced and loads of flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Belgian beer selection pack from Lidl including Gouden Draak tripel and quadruple. 6 for €15 a good price, would normally come in at over €20 to buy individually.

That's s fantastic deal, must stock up

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

had a couple of pints of Firestone Pale ale in the gasworks at the weekend. Great session beer, everything I've tried from Firestone has been very good. The Gamma Ray on tap tasted a bit off though. Definitely had better versions.

Beavertown 8 Ball rye IPA, wow what a beer, up there with Lagunitas IPA for me as the best IPA's I've had.

On an opposite note Giants Organ IPA by Lacada in Portrush is poor, too yeasty/malty, not enough bitterness or flavour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Dead Pony club won the battle of the Brewdog beers I got. Best session IPA i've had tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Having 8 degree ciara, v nice. Wife ia drinking the stout from brewing classic styles I made last month. First time using proper temp control . Stout tastes amazing, like nectar from the gods

Got the below in M&S Belfast before leaving, six came in at around £9, great value. The American pale was lovely and the rye was decent if a little too malty for the style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Had a Boyne Brewhouse Sparkling Copper Ale last night.

It's okay, not a whole lot to it, hardly any malt for a red. Bitter finish is similar to their APA but as a whole just nowhere near as nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Had a few new beers last weekend;

8 Degrees Citra - Not as nice as their other beers which Ive generally loved so far.

Kinnegar White Rabbit - Really enjoy it considering wheat beers aren't really my thing.

Castaway Passionfruit Sour - Again not my usual beer but it found it v tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

First beer in Munich and had a Hofbrau Urbock, not bad but a bit to much malt. Hides the 7% well though. Their weisse is much better but I'm sure there's better still out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

aaronm13 wrote: »
    First beer in Munich and had a Hofbrau Urbock, not bad but a bit to much malt. Hides the 7% well though. Their weisse is much better but I'm sure there's better still out there.[/QU

Would recommend not missing Ayinger!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Yarghhh wrote: »
    aaronm13 wrote: »
    First beer in Munich and had a Hofbrau Urbock, not bad but a bit to much malt. Hides the 7% well though. Their weisse is much better but I'm sure there's better still out there.[/QU

Would recommend not missing Ayinger!!

Definitely, the Ayinger weissenbock is one of my favorites. Hopefully find some of their more unusual beers here. Their Mibock is excellent too, had it in the Black sheep a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Gravitas in Wetherspoons, nice pale ale plenty of citrus flavours.

At 2.75 you can't go too wrong either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Had scraggy bay pint last week, great hoppy IPA, very pleasant bitterness

TheDriver wrote: »
    Had scraggy bay pint last week, great hoppy IPA, very pleasant bitterness

was drinking it all night in Harry Byrne's, lovely pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Friday Uber IPA on tap in The Attic in Swords. Nice beer, tastes different to the bottled version I thought. More malty on tap I would have said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Kinnegar Bucket and Spade. A rye session IPA at 4% a very nice flavorsome session beer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement