Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I and most bars I go to don't stock Guinness let alone the Guinness "craft" beers.

An Irish pub (non craft)? With out Guinness?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Full Sail on tap in Alfie's on Earlsfort Terrace. Such a better beer on tap compared to the bottles. Pity really....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Trond wrote: »
    Full Sail on tap in Alfie's on Earlsfort Terrace. Such a better beer on tap compared to the bottles. Pity really....

Fully agree. Yet to have a GBB beer that isn't better on tap than bottle, foam and fury is my example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Fully agree. Yet to have a GBB beer that isn't better on tap than bottle, foam and fury is my example.

Possibly even more so than the Full Sail tbf. Its an awesome beer on tap. Unfortunetly I've **** to do tomorrow :-)

Not often I'd ever complain about GBB but 6.75 for a pint of Founders all day is a absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Yellow belly/Hope's Castaway is a cracking beer - Passionfruit sour. Gorgeous stuff.
    Glad I bought 3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I think Buried At Sea and Stormy Port work much better bottled than ice-cold from the keg.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Foxes Rock IPA. It's decent enough, easy drinking. Malty end of the IPA scale. Have a their red ale so be interested to see if there's much difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

Have some appropriate beers lined up for the game later.

CXlKex5.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I hope the Belgians go down easy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Full Sail. It has gone upto 5.75 a pint. Getting to the point where it is just not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rumun

Full Sail. It has gone upto 5.75 a pint. Getting to the point where it is just not worth it.

Especially when you could enjoy thorsbridge in wheterspons for 2.75€ pint

• Registered Users Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Never rated it anyway and always far better IPA's on in their pubs.

Having an M&S Smoked Ruby now, great drop. Lovely smokiness, not overdone but enough there, malty, sweetness, perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,756 ✭✭✭✭L1011

An enjoyable afternoon trying the entire roster of released and soon to be released from Kellys in Clane along with burgers both meat and not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Had a Wild Beer Millionaire stout on draught last night. Was just after a big meal and it was the perfect dessert stout!

Heaps better on tap than from the bottle. It's lovely, but very pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Question for people.

My old boss has 3 cases on unused craft beer he could not sell and there about 2 or 3 weeks out of date.

There 2 kinds of ipa usa ones and then the portor house red ale ?

Are they still OK to drink ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,756 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Question for people.

My old boss has 3 cases on unused craft beer he could not sell and there about 2 or 3 weeks out of date.

OK - yea. Taste might be a little off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Question for people.

Yeah they'll be fine.

Hops degrade over time, so it's always best drink a hoppy beer when its fresh. The IPA may not taste as good as it should, but I wouldn't be worried that it might poison you (unless of course you drink the three cases in one go!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Few session beers yesterday. Bucket and Spade by Kinnegar and Summer Days by 8 Degrees. Loved 8 Degrees, will stick with Rustbucket from Kinnegar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

RasTa wrote: »
    Few session beers yesterday. Bucket and Spade by Kinnegar and Summer Days by 8 Degrees. Loved 8 Degrees, will stick with Rustbucket from Kinnegar

yeah had a sample of the Kinnegar, it's unbalanced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Perla Mocha bottles of 7.6 chilling in the fridge.

Nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Perla Mocna bottles of 7.6 chilling in the fridge.

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Gotta love Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Is that Belgian deal on in all Lidls? One in Ranelagh didn't have it. Any idea if the one off Moore Street has it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

oblivious wrote: »
    An Irish pub (non craft)? With out Guinness?

That's not what I said. I said most bars i go to don't stock Guinness. I pretty much only go to craft bars, and the only time I've been in a non-craft bar in the past three months is when I go to one particular late bar (that stock bottles of craft beer, and has craft beer on tap.) None of the craft bars I go to stock Guinness (the beer.) One had a few bottles of the Guinness "craft" beers when they released them, but that was only for about a month.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

jsa112 wrote: »
    Any idea if the one off Moore Street has it?
    Saw it in Moore Street on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Gotta love Lidl.

Am I the only one that didn't enjoy these? Great price and they look like great beers, but I was disappointed by most of them. To me they just had a strong alcohol taste and not much else. Also didn't notice much difference between the 6. I love high alcohol American beers, but the Belgian ones don't do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

fjon wrote: »
    Am I the only one that didn't enjoy these? Great price and they look like great beers, but I was disappointed by most of them. To me they just had a strong alcohol taste and not much else. Also didn't notice much difference between the 6. I love high alcohol American beers, but the Belgian ones don't do it for me.
    I've always liked Gulden Draak but the Piraat beers put me off buying this set. I haven't had Bornem.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Got the set and just had the Piraat triple hop so far. I enjoyed it, but alcohol was quite prominent in the taste. I'm looking forward to trying the others - haven't had any of them before apart from the lovely Gulden Draak.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,119 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Got hold of a bottle of Kinnegar's new sour, Sour Grapes. It isn't at all bad (With is expected for their beers.) but I feel that the malt was a little too powerful and clashed a bit with the fruit. Not too many bottles of it in town though so be quick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Got hold of a bottle of Kinnegar's new sour, Sour Grapes. It isn't at all bad (With is expected for their beers.)

What? They produce the best beers in Ireland imo. Also picked that beer up along with Castaway. Not in the mood of sour so may go down the Red Hop with Magic Rock and Lagunitas ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement