Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

adamski8 wrote: »
    Had a metalman yerba and thought it wasnt very nice at all. i think its the same yeast that they use in their cameleon range which imparts a non plesent spicyness.

The chameleon range is about 10+ beers at this stage, and they all use their regular house ale yeast (apart from the lagers). Yerba has orange mate in it, which is probably where the spiceness you're talking about is coming from. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yerba_mate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

had a fullers london pride and now a leann follain
    nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Redwillow Ageless Double IPA.

Smelled very fruity when pouring and had a nice dark orange colour.
    Nice hoppy beer but it had a unusual bitter finish.

It wasn't my favourite DIPA I have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

N17 rye pale ale in farringtons. extremely sweet and that really detracted from the beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

adamski8 wrote: »
    N17 rye pale ale in farringtons. extremely sweet and that really detracted from the beer.

I've had this beer on a few occasions also and have to agree. It lacks the spicy, crisp bite I associate with rye beers.
    Its not a bad beer per se, but when they have rye on the label, I want rye god dammit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Am I right in saying some Brew Dog beers smells/tastes of grapefruit? Had a couple at the weekend and that's what I got from both of them- nice actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Coisbo Four Russian Imperial Stout. 10%

Yeah, I think I like this one.

Am I right in saying some Brew Dog beers smells/tastes of grapefruit? Had a couple at the weekend and that's what I got from both of them- nice actually.

Ah yeah, a lot of hops will create grapefruit and other citrusy smells, alright.

OFAF on cask in the Brew Dock. So good.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Dungarvan's mahon falls, quite tasty. Good value at 3.20 per 500ml bottle too. Will definitely get this one again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Found a shop stocking Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier, fecking sorted. Also picked up a Westmalle Tripel, a beer I've somehow never tried yet.

Irish beer is finally arriving in Derry off licenses, have some O'Hara's IPA and Kinnegar Yannaroddy waiting for me tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Saw this in my twitter feed yesterday and thought it was pretty cool.

53y3Yx.jpg

We've come a long way! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Where is that photo from?

Trying to figure out what they're missing....Kinnegar? Mountain Man? any others?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Desmond's in Kimmage. Not exactly flying through the Kinsale Pale Ale, by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Drinking a To Ol I've Seen Bigger Than Yours, a 14% Raspberry Barley Wine, as a big fruit beer fan Im really enjoying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Had a few sweetmans pale ale and it was great, im still worried about their porter. Had a hophead too and that is still on the money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I quite like Hophead on cask but on keg I find the carbonation to be much too strong for my tastes.

BeerNut wrote: »
    Desmond's in Kimmage. Not exactly flying through the Kinsale Pale Ale, by the looks of it.

Pretty sure the 330ml bottles of Kinsale Pale Ale are all dated 31/3/14 as well...had a bad one down in Cork a few weeks ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Mcewans champion 7.3 in tesco four bottles for £6. Quite nice, burnt caramel sweetness, good foamy head with good retention, very dark with a slight red note lightly carbonated. 4/5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

irish_goat wrote: »
    Pretty sure the 330ml bottles of Kinsale Pale Ale are all dated 31/3/14 as well...had a bad one down in Cork a few weeks ago.

Are they the plain light blue label as opposed to the 'I can't believe it's not Brewdog' label?

xxyyzz wrote: »
    the 'I can't believe it's not Brewdog' label?
    Distressed lettering: so over :)

Yeah, the light blue 33cls are the original batch, brewed at Eight Degrees last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Had a couple of Amber Ella last night for the first time...words fail me on how much i liked it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Had a couple of Amber Ella last night for the first time...words fail me on how much i liked it :D
    Have to agree. Missed it the first time around, and since trying it a few weeks back, it's become my 'go to' beer when I can find some. It's just a pity it's not a permanent fixture, or sold in 500ml bottles. Would love to try it from keg/cask.

Would love to try it from keg/cask.
    Had a pint the other day. It's pretty much identical to the bottle, I think. You just get more :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

BeerNut wrote: »
    You just get more :pac:
    'More' is one of my favourite qualities in a beer. Where did you find it in larger quantities?!

'More' is one of my favourite qualities in a beer. Where did you find it in larger quantities?!
    Loads of pubs in Dublin seem to have had it on keg lately. It's part of the Porterhouse's Irish festival line-up at the moment which is where I had it, but I've seen it recently in Farrington's, The Beerhouse and 57 The Headline.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Be jealous.
    Fecking amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

surprised it's not a GB tbh :rolleyes:

welcome back Seaneh

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

surprised it's not a GB tbh :rolleyes:

welcome back Seaneh

Like Mariah Carey once said. Y U so obsessed with me? :-P

This discussion has been closed.