Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Seaneh wrote: »
    Like Mariah Carey once said. Y U so obsessed with me? :-P

The prodigal son returns and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ha. Welcome back. I actually didn't notice it was you that posted at first.
    You gonna be a good boy? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Ha. Welcome back. I actually didn't notice it was you that posted at first.
    You gonna be a good boy? ;)

Was a good boy for 12.5 years I'm sure I can remember my previous posting habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Was a good boy for 12.5 years I'm sure I can remember my previous posting habits.

Ugh, I've been posting for 9 years. Where did my life go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Drinking a Beoir #1. 9% DIPA, great beer and rivals OFAF albeit a little bit different in profile. Very limited edition so id advise people to get out there and drink it now! Only 15kegs going on sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

making my way through a viven box set, the ipa is the best of the lot, followed by the porter.

adamski8 wrote: »
    Drinking a Beoir #1. 9% DIPA, great beer and rivals OFAF albeit a little bit different in profile. Very limited edition so id advise people to get out there and drink it now! Only 15kegs going on sale

Where is stocking it and how much was it? Only place I've seen stocking it so far was the Headline.

Is there a list of where its available? Might hunt one down for a birthday beer tomorrow.

Is there a list of where its available? Might hunt one down for a birthday beer tomorrow.

Happy early birthday. Can't believe you are 50 already!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,490 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I was going to have a Galway Bay beer but then remembered they were shi..... Oops.

Anyway, started off with a Sharpe's Doombar and now having a Kenmare Red Ale. Not sure. Lacking a bit of flavour for a red for my liking.

• Advertisement

Here is a beoir thread that list the curent wheareabouts but yes the headline is the only place atm
    http://www.beoir.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10302
    It was 5.75e for a 400ml glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This weekend's selection.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JU2OmTSh.jpg[\IMG] Generic in the back for guests.[/img]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Here is a beoir thread that list the curent wheareabouts but yes the headline is the only place atm
    http://www.beoir.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10302
    It was 5.75e for a 400ml glass.

Can't wait to try it.

I've my 20 bottles booked but am waiting for it to appear in one of the pubs closer to town and I'll be there that evening.

Its really not that far away from the city center and a lovely pub if you decide on the headline

Its really not that far away from the city center and a lovely pub if you decide on the headline

Happy early birthday. Can't believe you are 50 already!

I feel it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Widmer brothers black ipa tonight. I found it very similar to mikkeller beer geek breakfast minus the coffee which is no bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I know it's close enough but it's just that bit too far to drop in for one pint myself and I haven't been able to convince my friends / GF to go yet.

matrim wrote: »
    I know it's close enough but it's just that bit too far to drop in for one pint myself and I haven't been able to convince my friends / GF to go yet.

That's the problem for me too... It's close enough to talk to from town, but I'd want to be staying there for more than 1 or 2 after walking there!

That's the problem for me too... It's close enough to talk to from town, but I'd want to be staying there for more than 1 or 2 after walking there!

Bit of a walk yes but there are a good few buses from the CC that go there

• Advertisement

Bit of a walk yes but there are a good few buses from the CC that go there

What stop/number? I'll make it my business to pop out over the easter break seeing as I don't have to worry about early mornings for 2 weeks :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

It's not practical for a Northsider either, it just isn't. I like craft pubs, but I'm not going to pass practically every other craft pub in the city to get to this one without good reason. (I'd consider a beers meet a good reason as it happens). Coming from Finglas I pass WJK, PHN, TBS, BH, TBD, JWS, Cassidy's, PHC, PHTB, B&C, I've also got HITW close to me. 57 is not a better place to drink than most of them.

Luckily I was able to get over there just before Xmas, the wife drove over, but that's only because she can't drink at the moment. I had four or five pints and left, it's a lovely place, the owner is extremely friendly and I enjoyed myself, but I'm not even thinking of going back for a random visit.

What stop/number? I'll make it my business to pop out over the easter break seeing as I don't have to worry about early mornings for 2 weeks :P

122 |Torwards Ashington
    16 | Towards Dublin Airport
    16c | Towards City Centre
    68 | Towards Burgh Quay
    68a | Towards Burgh Quay
    9 | Towards Charlestown

all stop within a minute of the headline on the south circular road.

It's not practical for a Northsider either, it just isn't. I like craft pubs, but I'm not going to pass practically every other craft pub in the city to get to this one without good reason. (I'd consider a beers meet a good reason as it happens). Coming from Finglas I pass WJK, PHN, TBS, BH, TBD, JWS, Cassidy's, PHC, PHTB, B&C, I've also got HITW close to me. 57 is not a better place to drink than most of them.

When you put it like that it really is hard to justify a trip from Artane...

Only reason I'm even considering it is to try the Beoir DIPA, but I might just wait until it pops up somewhere else in town.

Anyone know if the Beoir DIPA was bottled as well?

Stop 1348 or 1360

122 |Torwards Ashington
    16 | Towards Dublin Airport
    16c | Towards City Centre
    68 | Towards Burgh Quay
    68a | Towards Burgh Quay
    9 | Towards Charlestown

all stop within a minute of the headline on the south circular road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

When you put it like that it really is hard to justify a trip from Artane..

going in from Artane you don't have to pass half of them (by pass, I mean go within a 5 minute walk from any of them)

going in from Artane you don't have to pass half of them (by pass, I mean go within a 5 minute walk from any of them)

Yes you do... Brewdock, PH (central and TB), Sweetmans, Cassidy's, Mulligans poolbeg, o'neils and a few others would all be within 5 minutes of my route if I got the 27b or 14 into town and they are the busses I'd use... The busses pass/stop beside several of those!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Only reason I'm even considering it is to try the Beoir DIPA, but I might just wait until it pops up somewhere else in town.
    Farrington's has a keg, I believe, so it should show up there in the next week or so.
    Anyone know if the Beoir DIPA was bottled as well?
    It was, but only for the subscribers. It won't be distributed for sale.

BeerNut wrote: »
    Farrington's has a keg, I believe, so it should show up there in the next week or so.

It was, but only for the subscribers. It won't be distributed for sale.

Want to hook a brother up?

• Advertisement

Currently sitting in the 57 headline sipping on a Beoir #1. Superb, hides the alcohol incredibley well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement