Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

laros wrote: »
    Did you buy this in Offaly....??? If you did ... Whereabouts....
    Thanks

No sorry, purchased in dublin and brought with me. Didn't mean to get your hopes up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Where has beer geek?

Farringtons in Templebar. Its a cracking beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That seasonal IPA in Sweetman's. Niiice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Grayditch wrote: »
    That seasonal IPA in Sweetman's. Niiice.

Amber.

:P

I wish they'd keep it as a regular.

slayerking wrote: »

¿cuánto cuesta?

• Advertisement

Hooker's new brothel home in Oranmore starting to take shape.

10325620_461678373962344_471967032127602851_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Shiney shiney!

Flew down to McHugh's before closing to grab a "study beer". Got two cans of Modus Hoperandi, cracked one open the second I got back, should have waited a few minutes, think it got a bit excited rattling around in my panniers, Finding it hard to get to the beer through the massive pillowy head I got in the glass and I'm really impatient.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm sure I've said so before, but anyway, Founders porter is outrageously good.

Meanwhile, a Dirty Bastard waits in the wings...

An File wrote: »
    I'm sure I've said so before, but anyway, Founders porter is outrageously good.

Meanwhile, a Dirty Bastard waits in the wings...

I agree.

I still think my favourite porter which is regularly available in Ireland is Anchor though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I haven't seen Anchor anywhere in Limerick. Will keep my eyes open for it.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Amber.

:P

I wish they'd keep it as a regular.

I asked the barman for a glass of his finest IPA. I got that back in return. I was going around telling everyone how toasty and dark their IPA was.

Awkward...

Grayditch wrote: »
    I asked the barman for a glass of his finest IPA. I got that back in return. I was going around telling everyone how toasty and dark their IPA was.

Awkward...

When it was first released they were calling it "galaxy single hop amber ale", this quickly changed to "inter galactic ale" or "IGA".

It could pass as either tbh but it's definitely on the redder side of pale. I think it's a fantastic beer either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

slayerking wrote: »

Thanks a million! Had one after exam today. Certainly is a cracking beer, unlike said exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Started wit a Dead Pony Club
    then had a flying dog Lucky Sob
    now on to a mikkeller American Dream (very nice)

Mikkeller Breakfast Stout on tap in Cassidy's.

Masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Tis the season for Maibock here in Germany. Lovely stuff, but it packs a punch.

Also tried Paulaner Salvator for the first time.......nyom.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

What was flying dogs SOB like baron ? been a while since I've had one of their beers

and since somebody mentioned bock, has anybody tried the schorsch bock 30%

http://www.drinkstore.ie/Schorsch-Bock-ICE-30-330ML-4260064890320/

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

jsa112 wrote: »
    What was flying dogs SOB like baron ? been a while since I've had one of their beers

and since somebody mentioned bock, has anybody tried the schorsch bock 30%

http://www.drinkstore.ie/Schorsch-Bock-ICE-30-330ML-4260064890320/

it was pretty nice.i'm not huge into my Irish Red Ales but i enjoyed it.i followed it up with a Hilden Headless Dog and a Kinnegar Devils Backbone but i wasnt fussed on either of them

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What are we drinking this week?

Tyskie and lots of it, 4 for €5 in Lidl this week.

Great beer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Tis the season for Maibock here in Germany. Lovely stuff, but it packs a punch.

Also tried Paulaner Salvator for the first time.......nyom.

Maibock is great. :cool:

Not so pushed on the PS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

rob316 wrote: »
    What are we drinking this week?

Tyskie and lots of it, 4 for €5 in Lidl this week.

Great beer!

Just cracked open a can of that myself, bout half the price though, went right to the source (well, not the brewery, but Poland). Tasty stuff it must be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Hurrican 8 degrees - had a pint in the Bull & Castle and now have two bottles at home. Yay for seasonals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Founders Imperial Stout is very delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

GBB peanut butter stout. Ok but not very peanut buttery. Can't help but think GBB are selling their failed experiments in their bars at full price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I picked up some GBB Full Sail, Stormy Port and Buried at Sea in the local Spar's much improved and slightly discounted range. I had my first bottle of Full Sail a couple of weeks ago, having tried a very lackluster draught effort a couple of years ago, and really enjoyed it. I'm well acquainted with Buried at Sea, though not from a bottle. It's been a long time since I tried Stormy Port so I'm quite excited to try these all again over the weekend.

drumswan wrote: »
    GBB peanut butter stout. Ok but not very peanut buttery. Can't help but think GBB are selling their failed experiments in their bars at full price

It's a pilot brew, the entire point of having a pilot brew is to sell it in your bar and see if it the public like it or not, every brewery worth their salt does this as a method of trying new beers.

Make a small batch, sell it and see how it goes.
    If the public like it, you make more, if they don't you sell it off and forget about it or adapt the recipe for the next batch.

I'd rather encourage innovation and experimentation than complain about being sold "failed experiments", from any brewery.

Ravelleman wrote: »
    I picked up some GBB Full Sail, Stormy Port and Buried at Sea in the local Spar's much improved and slightly discounted range. I had my first bottle of Full Sail a couple of weeks ago, having tried a very lackluster draught effort a couple of years ago, and really enjoyed it. I'm well acquainted with Buried at Sea, though not from a bottle. It's been a long time since I tried Stormy Port so I'm quite excited to try these all again over the weekend.

If you haven't had Fullsail in an few years you're in for a surprise, same for Stormy Port, both are much changed in the last year.

Moving on...

Coisbo Beer: Four. Russian Imperial Stout. 50 cl, 10% ABV.
    I'm enjoying it, but it doesn't pack as much of a punch as I was expecting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

drumswan wrote: »

I haven't tried the peanut butter stout, but I felt similarly when I tried the pilot saison last month.

I thought it was an awful beer, and one which cost me €4.75 for 2/3rds of a pint (at less than 5% ABV).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement