Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Friends birthday, going to pick him up a Foam and Fury. Any other recommendations for double or single ipa?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

RasTa wrote: »
    Friends birthday, going to pick him up a Foam and Fury. Any other recommendations for double or single ipa?

Where are you shopping?

Odell IPA if they have it, is always a solid choice.
    Black's Black IPA is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

RasTa wrote: »

I'll put a shout in for Bo Bristle IPA, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Seaneh wrote: »
    Black's Black IPA is lovely.

Also by Black's their regular pale ale is excellent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Cheers, he is too old to be getting lots so will pick up the ones mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

I haven't tried the peanut butter stout, but I felt similarly when I tried the pilot saison last month.

I thought it was an awful beer, and one which cost me €4.75 for 2/3rds of a pint (at less than 5% ABV).

Ive nothing against them doing pilots, Im all for it in fact. I just think they should be a bit cheaper than their production beers.

Then again I could just not buy them.

Munster Brewery Blackguard, nice. Kinda like a Vienna/Amber Lager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Widmer bros raspberry russian imperial stout. 9.3%. A very fruity smooth RIS and very enjoyable.

Urthel saisoniere- a good saison beer but not my fav style

Urthel hop-it 9.5%- tasted very like a typical belgium with that spicy yeast taste didnt notice the promised aroma hops too much but very nice.

Urthel samaranth-11.5% put me to sleep last night. Very enjoyable and a typical strong belgiu ale thats done well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

havin a beamish and goin get some of this tyskie in lidl tomoro :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

"adamski8 wrote: »

Urthel hop-it 9.5%- tasted very like a typical belgium with that spicy yeast taste didnt notice the promised aroma hops too much but very nice.

Yea similar impression to my self. They went with European hops over american

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

An File wrote: »
    Coisbo Beer: Four. Russian Imperial Stout. 50 cl, 10% ABV.
    I'm enjoying it, but it doesn't pack as much of a punch as I was expecting.

Having a bottle now. Really nice. Enjoying it more than the Astoria Black I had during the week, roasted malt overload! This one is a lot more balanced in comparison.

Had a Stalins Organ earlier (ahem!). Nice beer ruined by the carbonation.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm out for cocktails with the lady friend. So far, Mai Tai all round. Ooh yeah. :cool:

An File wrote: »
    I'm out for cocktails with the lady friend. So far, Mai Tai all round. Ooh yeah. :cool:

Get outta the beer thread.....unless you turn to beer cocktails :p

Btw, has anyone been to the new beer cocktail bar in ATG?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Yerba from metalman and hardknott.

Outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Camden Town pale ale is an average enough pale ale wouldn't be my cup of tea to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

JPA wrote: »
    Yerba from metalman and hardknott.

Outstanding.

my bro had this last night too, is it the same Yerba that was on tap in Farrington's a while back - if so I also loved it, but some hated it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

drumswan wrote: »
    Munster Brewery Blackguard, nice. Kinda like a Vienna/Amber Lager.

Had this for the first time last Friday. Have been trying to get my brother to expand his tastes beyond Carlsberg or Heineken. Getting him to taste various ales etc I've picked up with very little success. Finally hit on a winner with this. Really liked it myself too despite really not being a lager fan. Seems like it could be a great intro to craft beer for anyone that's taking the plunge for the first time.

strobe wrote: »
    Had this for the first time last Friday. Have been trying to get my brother to expand his tastes beyond Carlsberg or Heineken. Getting him to taste various ales etc I've picked up with very little success. Finally hit on a winner with this. Really liked it myself too despite really not being a lager fan. Seems like it could be a great intro to craft beer for anyone that's taking the plunge for the first time.
    Funny enough their other beer 'Fir Bolg' is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Where did you get the bottle of yerba JPA ? Is it in all good offys at the moment ?

Had 8 Degrees Hurricane IPA, very nice. Be awesome if that was a regular. Curiosity got the better of me and tried West Kerry dark ale, not too bad, lot of carbonation when you open it. Will keep an eye out for their future beers.

my bro had this last night too, is it the same Yerba that was on tap in Farrington's a while back - if so I also loved it, but some hated it

I didnt like it at all. I think some people must be more sensitive to that yeast they use in their cameleon range, not in a good way.

Interesting that that munster brewery has two lagers out there. Is that all they are producing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Cask Peanut Butter Stout at Alfie Byrnes.

I likes it. Peanut butter is very faint, but nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

symbolic wrote: »

Glass only or do they also do pints?

How much was it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Glass only or do they also do pints?

How much was it?

The picture he posted is a pint mug.

It's 5.10 per pint in Brew Dock, I'd imagine it's the same everywhere else in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Seaneh wrote: »
    The picture he posted is a pint mug.

It's 5.10 per pint in Brew Dock, I'd imagine it's the same everywhere else in Dublin.

Thanks

Would be rude not to try one pint of if

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Thanks

Would be rude not to try one pint of if

Yup 5.10, very rude not to :)

Had the Founders Porter after, I do enjoy a Founders Porter!

Had Beer Geek Breakfast in Farringtons yesterday on tap. A personal favourite.

All these great stouts on tap at the moment suits me down to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

symbolic wrote: »

Had a normal pint in the Black Sheep last night because they didn't have any cask on.

Hint of peanut with a nice roasted stout underneath, a decent offering but I wouldn't rush back to it. Moved on to a Stormy Port after which was nicer

I had a cask version of the peanut butter stout and a taste of my mates draught verison. Something tasted very wrong with the draught (burnt rubber). u didnt enjoy mine very much, a lot of things not great about it. Unfortunatly not one ill be buying again.

Got it in alfie byrnes, very quite today but a very nice spot. Table tennis was great. Pool was terrible, 2e a game and rubber tipped cues made it impossible to play a half decent game. Staff were great to us though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

An Anderson Valley Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout, Porterhouse Celebration and Buried At Sea for my evenings entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A pint of hairy goat in the oarsman in Carrick in Shannon. Not a bad drop. Also, a pint of carrig amber ale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

Im a creature of habit but hey, currently working through some amazing cold Goose Island IPA and S NEV Celebration ale. Lovely

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement