Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

To me it tastes like it would be very good on cask (and is iirc) but just doesn't work so well on keg.

I've had it on cask and bottle before and remembered it being a lot better than it was yesterday.

Maybe it's just when it's so cold from the tap the malt gets totally lost and you end up with this over hopped sensation? I dunno. It wasn't even like fruity or piney hops, it was just bitter, started bitter and ended bitter, smelled like pine cones and not much else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Id love some northern harvest on draught.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a Metalman Windjammer last night. First time having this years offering and it's quite tasty. A few different breweries offering Amber ales now and it's the only style that myself and the GF can agree we both normally like

Had a sip of the Fran Well (?) Spring Ale a 7% Saison. It was ok but a bit too sweet for me

Also had the first of my bottles of Beoir#1, and think it's nicer from the bottle, a bit more balanced. It's a lovely beer and I kinda forgot that it was 9% and had a couple. My head didn't thank me this morning.

Independent pale in the beer garden of Murphy's Law in Athlone, lovely beer, beautiful evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Just had a lambic cantillon (in brussels, at moeder lambic, great bar). Had heard great things about lambics but this was my first time trying one.

Very underwhelmed. Extremely sour. Almost like someone had poured gone off white wine into a glass of lager. Im presuming it's an acquired taste that I haven't acquired yet.

Worth trying again or are they only for crazy Belgian palates....?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

drkpower wrote: »
    Just had a lambic cantillon (in brussels, at moeder lambic, great bar). Had heard great things about lambics but this was my first time trying one.

Very underwhelmed. Extremely sour. Almost like someone had poured gone off white wine into a glass of lager. Im presuming it's an acquired taste that I haven't acquired yet.

Worth trying again or are they only for crazy Belgian palates....?!

I enjoy lambics, im fond of sourness generally.

Having a Mikkeller 1000 IBU, loving it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Brú Dubh nitro stout. Poured it perfectly first time. ;) Very pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Had my first bottle of Beoir #1 last night, delicious and doesn't taste like a 9%. Much prefer it to the keg version. Thanks to the lads in 57 The Headline for minding it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Day off work today so now having lunch in Alfie Byrne's.
    Started off with an Anderson Valley Heelch O'Hops and probably going to have a Beoir #1 next.
    Burger is pretty good too!

Picked up 2 of the 2012 celebrations and a bottle of blacks pale ale from the batch brewed at eight degrees. Not a bad haul for 4 yoyos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A bottle of Founders Porter. Spotted it earlier in the Next Door Off License on Sundrive RD
    One of the nicest porters I have ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Oh yeah, meant to say I had a Beoir #1 earlier. Very nice but I'd still prefer Of Foam and Fury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Seaneh wrote: »
    Picked up 2 of the 2012 celebrations and a bottle of blacks pale ale from the batch brewed at eight degrees. Not a bad haul for 4 yoyos.

Unreal value fron Drinkstore at the moment. Must stock up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Website only allows you to buy 24 at a time. Martins is doing out of date Lomza for €1 a bottle so drinking that whilst my homebrew does it stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Having a bottle of to ol first frontier.tastes great.doesn't feel like a 7%

Full Sail from the cask in Brew Dock. Much needed after a day of chasing lost keys. It's bloody good from the cask lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Thornbridge sequoia on cask....needs more hops! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Marks and Spencer Italian Lager, disappointing

First time in sweetmans... Having the seasonal ale. Really enjoyable drop. I may have to try all they have to offer. Research purposes..

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Trouble brewing Sabotage in bottle.feels more like an Irish red than an ipa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

First time in sweetmans... Having the seasonal ale. Really enjoyable drop. I may have to try all they have to offer. Research purposes..

Their porter is real nice, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Seaneh wrote: »
    Full Sail from the cask in Brew Dock. Much needed after a day of chasing lost keys. It's bloody good from the cask lads.

Had a few pints of it on Thursday and was blown away. Couldn't believe how nice it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Slightly different tack here for a minute.

This hand pump has been installed on the bar on an RPSI train this weekend and it's been flying out the door. Thus far, two casks have been drank by thirsty passengers since Friday; a third is already tapped! Their bottles have also gone down a treat; it's all good for Seamus and Co as he prepares himself for his TV appearance :)

IMG_4779_zpsa8244bd4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

Slightly different tack here for a minute.

This hand pump has been installed on the bar on an RPSI train this weekend and it's been flying out the door. Thus far, two casks have been drank by thirsty passengers since Friday; a third is already tapped! Their bottles have also gone down a treat; it's all good for Seamus and Co as he prepares himself for his TV appearance :)

What TV appearance is that?

Grayditch wrote: »
    Their porter is real nice, too.

No porter available tonight much sadness!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What TV appearance is that?

He's on the Saturday Night Show tonight. Promoting this..........

10380898_658639450850296_5974888159982266311_n.jpg

Any idea of time...hate brendan o connor.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Any idea of time...hate brendan o connor.

You just missed him!

An File wrote: »
    You just missed him!

Balls! This kid is fairly amazing

• Advertisement

slayerking wrote: »
    Had a few pints of it on Thursday and was blown away. Couldn't believe how nice it was.

They should make this more regularly available, it just works so well on cask for some reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement