Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

matrim wrote: »
    Do they still have Full Sail on cask?

In the middle of studying for exams at the moment so can't head out to try it but hope they still have it on next week

They didn't yesterday evening. They had three on - the two Seaneh mentioned and a Thornbridge beer - possibly Chiron.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ravelleman wrote: »
    They didn't yesterday evening. They had three on - the two Seaneh mentioned and a Thornbridge beer - possibly Chiron.

It was the 2 Seaneh mentioned and Jaipur according to Facetwit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It was the 2 Seaneh mentioned and Jaipur according to Facetwit.

Quite probable! They had another Thornbridge beer on keg - that might have been the Chiron, though I'm no longer certain of anything.

On a happier note to earlier, the Blacks Kinsale Pale Ale is tasty. Definitely as good as the pint of it I had in Probus earlier in the month. Solid with some nice tropical flavours coming through from the citra hops. I'd recommend it to anyone on the fence about it.

On a happier note to earlier, the Blacks Kinsale Pale Ale is tasty. Definitely as good as the pint of it I had in Probus earlier in the month. Solid with some nice tropical flavours coming through from the citra hops. I'd recommend it to anyone on the fence about it.

Indeed it is nice, and a bargain at that price. Picked up 10 bottles on the way home from college today. Was tempted to get a box, but didn't want to risk it. Am tempted to get a box now after tasting it but I'm waaay over my beer allowance for this month!

Oh, and it's fly in the beer season again! :( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Quite probable! They had another Thornbridge beer on keg - that might have been the Chiron, though I'm not longer certain of anything.

Yeah it's good alright, got a box arriving sometime tomorrow, hopefully in one piece! How much stock do they have of it does anyone know? Tempted to buy another box of it since it's such a good deal.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's good alright, got a box arriving sometime tomorrow, hopefully in one piece! How much stock do they have of it does anyone know? Tempted to buy another box of it since it's such a good deal.

I was talking to Ken today and he said that Blacks had a pallet to shift. Not 100% if Drinkstore took the whole pallet though, but I'd imagine they did. Apparently it's just a case of shifting it as no one is making anything on it......apart from the taxman of course!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Oh, and it's fly in the beer season again! :( :mad:

Sure just stick a lime in it, that's what the Mexicans do, according to every Corona drinker.

irish_goat wrote: »
    Sure just stick a lime in it, that's what the Mexicans do, according to every Corona drinker.

Ha. I'm going with the coaster on the glass option, although I think they've all drowned in my last beer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

matrim wrote: »
    Do they still have Full Sail on cask?

In the middle of studying for exams at the moment so can't head out to try it but hope they still have it on next week

Not on tonight anyway, but they could have some in the cellar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

irish_goat wrote: »

Shure not even the flies would drink Corona!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Flies = dinner imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Waaaaait a minute! Black's KPA is on special in Drinkstore? How much?

Heroditas wrote: »
    Waaaaait a minute! Black's KPA is on special in Drinkstore? How much?

It's the first batch that they did, and it's short-dated, end of next month. 330ml bottle €1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

just ordered 24 bottles. thanks for the heads up lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Bah, all those cheap Kinsale are gone. Fancied another 6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

anything on offer for the weekend :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Barrelhead in O'Neills.
    Never had it before and it's lovely. Interestingly they have White Gypsy ale on cask for €3.50 today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Had one of the kinsale pale ales that were going cheap. The newer version is definitely better, although only marginally, it has a little more body than the older version. Find they both smell better than they taste. Really nice tropical citra hop aroma but there is very little citra flavour to taste. Still a great beer though, and a bargain for €1 a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

RasTa wrote: »
    Bah, all those cheap Kinsale are gone. Fancied another 6

I popped in tonight and by quirk of fate found the last two full crates hiding on the floor :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Had To Ol Mochaccino Messiah, I love a sweet stout but the lactose in this one is just too much IMO. First To Ol beer Ive havent thoroughly enjoyed /sadface

On the other hand the Evil Twin Lil' B Imperial Stout I had the other night was sensational. /happyface

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I had Hop Nosh IPA from Uinta based out of Utah. I had a lovely black lager of theirs a while back but this disappointed me, there was an aftertaste that reminded of iron drops medicine I had as a child.

My plans for this evening have fallen through, I fancy a beer, I don't fancy going for a beer by myself on a Friday night.
    Anyone else in Dubland in a similar pickle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

Einstök pale ale 5.6% ABV, tropical hop flavors & a slightly dry finish that is very agreeable

The taste is semi-sweet malty molasses, then a bitter, dry finish as the hops assert themselves, not bad IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Anyone try this stuff? Think it's still just local atm, friends uncle.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Think it's still just local atm
    Redmond's of Ranelagh have had it, and may still do. Apparently Jimmy Redmond drove over to collect it himself.
    Anyone try this stuff?
    I reviewed the Blond here.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

The triple is very good, and I don't usually like triple's. Was expensive though, something like 5.50 for a 330ml bottle. Wont find any of their beers around dublin at the moment afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I'm heading down to Westport next weekend. I must contact then and see if they can afford me a few minutes for a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Tried the Fran Well's Jameson Pale Ale last night. It's an interesting enough drink, heavy on the biscuit malt. There's a dry Cascade and warm whiskey taste at the start which blends into the biscuit malt and ends in a woody after taste. I paired it with some of the Jameson Black Barrel, as recommended, and the two complimented each other wonderfully. It was definitely strange to be pairing a whiskey with a pale ale, be it worked. I'd try it again, only that it is expensive, €6 for a 330ml bottle of the pale ale and then €7 for the whiskey.

Just picked up a bottle of Evil Twin Falco IPA in McHugh's in Artane. Anyone had this yet?

Thankfully The Evil Twin's pricing is a lot keener than his Brother's stuff, €3.69 for the bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Drinking something called La Demon Cuvee Prestige. Seems to be a French lager and at 8.5% it's quite malty.

Its meh.

heading to McHughs Kilbarrack soon to stock up for the match. Probably missed the Pliny tho.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement