Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

6 bottles of 8 degrees porter waiting for me this evening.
    Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭The Drunken Destrier

From Drinkstore's Facebook: After a pricing error from @galwaybaybrew the price of Of Foam and Fury has been reduced to €5.70 per bottle ... Worth every penny !!! Awesome brew !!!

Right then. Are we back on the OFAF guys? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

From Drinkstore's Facebook: After a pricing error from @galwaybaybrew the price of Of Foam and Fury has been reduced to €5.70 per bottle ... Worth every penny !!! Awesome brew !!!

Right then. Are we back on the OFAF guys? :p
    Can't believe it's so cheap. Compared to Hardcore and.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

5.70 is much better and more along with what I expected. Still on the pricey side but getting there.

I'd still prefer if they could do a 330ml bottle for around 3.50 (or less) down the road

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's a bleedin disgrace Joe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They read the thread! :pac:

We're back in businesses with F&F. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Happy days, a much better price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It's a bleedin disgrace Joe!

Young people today with their fancy beer, none of that in my day!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Still can't see it flying off the shelves at that price.

Ipso wrote: »
    Young people today with their fancy beer, none of that in my day!

Ha. There generally wasn't though. :)

At Christmas there was always a tray of Guinness, Harp and Smithwicks bought to cover all bases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Anybody know if O'Briens have this in stock yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,936 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Me neither.
    €5 would seem about right for it.

I can buy 50cl bottle of Schneider Hopfenweisse (8.2%) for about €3.50

• Registered Users Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Anybody know if O'Briens have this in stock yet?

I'll let you know in half an hour when I get to the one in Lucan! :D

P.S. Carry Out in Rathborne didn't have it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

if double IPA means twice as undrinkableas normal IPA (to sections of the population like myself who dont class a beer being horrendusly bitter as a good thing) then that'd be another reason to believe that you wont have the place stormed by the masses.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

if double IPA means twice as undrinkableas normal IPA (to sections of the population like myself who dont class a beer being horrendusly bitter as a good thing) then that'd be another reason to believe that you wont have the place stormed by the masses.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Widmer Bros Pitch Black IPA...

I found this a bit 'meh', lacking in the hop kick I normally crave but otherwise very quaffable.

Heroditas wrote: »
    I'll let you know in half an hour when I get to the one in Lucan! :D

P.S. Carry Out in Rathborne didn't have it earlier.

O'Brien's didn't have it. I had to settle for a bottle of Full Sail. :(

Decided to sample a bottle of Liberties Dublin Ale this evening.
    Lacks a little bit of carbonation and while the initial taste was quite pleasant, I'm now halfway through and am getting a mild sort of "soapy" taste, similar to what I get from the likes of a Miller, Heineken etc.
    A little tweaking and I reckon they would have a nice beer on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Had the Pondhopper it was very nice but never got the Thornbridge side of it.

Galway Bay Full Sail with the new bottle caps is really up there.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Had the Pondhopper it was very nice but never got the Thornbridge side of it.

Galway Bay Full Sail with the new bottle caps is really up there.

I hadn't had a bottle of it for a while but I agree, it was very nice tonight.
    Now on a bottle of Thornbridge Chiron. Dare I say, it's almost too balanced!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Brewdog Hoppy Christmas (using up the Christmas stash)... decent.
    Porterhouse the Devils Half Acre - interesting, you can really get the barrel aging. It's a big beer, a sipper. Lovely sweet, dark fruit tang going on. I love that we are producing beers like this! Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Anyone got any opinions on Schneider Weisse Tap 5? I have a bottle chilling in the fridge at home but haven't gotten around to it yet.

This stuff is majestic

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

290546.jpg

A Christmas present. Not bad. Light red ale, minimal hops and bitterness, but quite malty with being overly sweet.

Sipping on a Mikkeller Crooked Moon DIPA. Really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Stone Pale Ale it's not my cup of tea anymore. A few years ago I did like it but now just find it plain taste to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Porterhouse the Devils Half Acre - interesting, you can really get the barrel aging. It's a big beer, a sipper.
    Used to be able to get Devils half acre for 3.39 a bottle, crazy good value. Best barley wine I've had.

Had a kinsale ipa, not very good. "Bursting with hops" it aint. Had a bottle of Foam and Fury too, nice but seems to be lacking carbonation like a lot of Irish beers.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Stone Pale Ale it's not my cup of tea anymore. A few years ago I did like it but now just find it plain taste to me.

I had one last Friday and thought the exact same as yourself. Also much prefer their IPA

Currently having a Big Job but it doesn't taste at all nice after my last beer which was an 8 Degrees Hurricane.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Had one pint each of Howling Gale Ale and Sabotage IPA tonight. I've been neglecting them these past six dark (stout and porter) months. Very nice, if a little on the cold side.
    Heroditas wrote: »
    Currently having a Big Job but it doesn't taste at all nice after my last beer which was an 8 Degrees Hurricane.

I had a bottle of Big Job last night and loved it. Must try to find a Hurricane somewhere before they've all disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

BeerNut wrote: »
    Told yeh.

I went for one today based on your post, despite not being a fan of wheat beers in general, but found it to be very nice indeed. Good call.

• Advertisement

I had a bottle of Big Job last night and loved it. Must try to find a Hurricane somewhere before they've all disappeared.

Normally I love Big Job but it just doesn't work after Hurricane. The tastes are far too different. Completely different hops

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement