Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Got Pliny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Got Pliny!!

What's the verdict?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Currently enjoying Bellhaven Brewery's "Twisted Thistle".Not generially a fan of IPA's and find them a bit overrated at times but this one comes in at a good price,a decent % and a memorable taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Thornbridge twin peaks (collab with Sierra Nevada), so beautiful. Thornbridge can do no wrong in my books so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

jsa112 wrote: »
    The triple is very good, and I don't usually like triple's. Was expensive though, something like 5.50 for a 330ml bottle. Wont find any of their beers around dublin at the moment afaik

It's available in Redmonds

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Evil Twin Falco is grand, nothing amazing but it's a grand beer.

More yeast clumps than any other beer I've ever poured before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

St Mel's brewing company of Longford mashing in their first beer this morning.
    Looking forward to this...

10359236_794767390555692_1283091008677796579_n.jpg

And yes, that mash paddle is a hurl.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I suppose he may as well use the hurl for that. It's not as if they're any great shakes at hurling up in that neck of the woods. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Is that Pat Shortt? ;)

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Is that Pat Shortt? ;)

Whoa, I thought exactly the same!

Was over in The Headline for Brews We Plate, savage stuff altogether. Get alpng to the next one of these wherever it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Evil Twin 'Lil B' imperial porter. It's got some delicious flavours, I think I'm just out of practice with anything imperial, it's strong bite got me squinting a few times.

Their Hipster Ale is nice. Quite a Belgian feel to it. Gets nicer the more you drink and it settles on the palate.

Falco is ok. Wish it was a little sweeter.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Falco is ok. Wish it was a little sweeter.

Tis very, very light bodied for something that high in abv and ibu's.
    That said, it's not a bad beer at all, it's quite bitter but not unpleasant and it's actually very drinkable (probably because the body is close to water). Thought it smelled nice though.

Did yours have tons and tons of yeast clumps?

Seaneh wrote: »
    That said, it's not a bad beer at all, it's quite bitter but not unpleasant and it's actually very drinkable (probably because the body is close to water). Thought it smelled nice though.

I had one over the weekend. Full of sediment also.

It did yeah, it was kinda cool looking. Yeah, I don't think I'd get it again. Don't mind that it was light (and it was very light!) Or that it was very bitter, I just felt it was missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭squonk

Had one of my bottles of Beoir Choirce Dhuibhne's Riasc red ale last night. It's a spring limited edition. It was grand. A bit bitter on the aftertaste for my likeing but pretty bland I thought. I was a bit disappointed as their porter is very nice indeed.

And St. Mel's first brew is.... A lager.

Boo-urns. I am disappoint.

So it seems. I am Sickened.

slayerking wrote: »
    So it seems. I am Sickened.

We could be doing him a disservice here, it could be a fecking brilliant lager, I'm pretty sure it will be a bog standard pils but sure plenty of people like pils...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Lagunita's Hop Stoopid Ale for $4 at Trader Joes. Shure you're losing money by not buting it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

They might be brewing it first just so that they can have it conditioned in time for a launch with a few ales.

irish_goat wrote: »
    They might be brewing it first just so that they can have it conditioned in time for a launch with a few ales.

Just double checked with then on Facebook.
    The Lager is just being brewed today. They brewed a Pale ale yesterday and a 'Longford style' brown ale is being brewed tomorrow. All beers are being dry hopped and bottle conditioned with a second strain of yeast.

Faith restored!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Heroditas

squonk wrote: »
    Had one of my bottles of Beoir Choirce Dhuibhne's Riasc red ale last night. It's a spring limited edition. It was grand. A bit bitter on the aftertaste for my likeing but pretty bland I thought. I was a bit disappointed as their porter is very nice indeed.

I thought the same myself. Quite bland but a lot better than Beal Ban!!!

slayerking wrote: »
    Just double checked with then on Facebook.
    The Lager is just being brewed today. They brewed a Pale ale yesterday and a 'Longford style' brown ale is being brewed tomorrow. All beers are being dry hopped and bottle conditioned with a second strain of yeast.

Faith restored!

Ah grand, he has (at least) 3 FV's so, good stuff.

Brown Ale is a massively under-represented style on this island.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Ah grand, he has (at least) 3 FV's so, good stuff.

Brown Ale is a massively under-represented style on this island.

It is actually. I just hope that it isn't drowned out by the numerous porters out there.

I had a pint of Metalman's Yerba Tea last night. Deceptive in many ways, so smooth and soft yet potent as well, eons away from their classic ale yet it is every bit as outstanding as it.

Anchor Saison. Not bad as Saisons go. There's added lemongrass, lemon peel and ginger and there's light citrus and warmth as a result.

Had a bottle of Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast last week. Wasn't a fan. I had it before and I seemed to remember enjoying....I think.

Anchor Saison. Not bad as Saisons go. There's added lemongrass, lemon peel and ginger and there's light citrus and warmth as a result.

Had a bottle of Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast last week. Wasn't a fan. I had it before and I seemed to remember enjoying....I think.

BGB tasted amazing the first time I had it, more recently I was far less impressed, I think it doesn't have a patch on Founder's breakfast stout.

BGB tasted amazing the first time I had it, more recently I was far less impressed, I think it doesn't have a patch on Founder's breakfast stout.

Not a patch. Have the new Founders one to try.

Not a patch. Have the new Founders one to try.

New Founders you say?

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement