Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Anonamoose

Reading this thread has made me want to start brewing my own !!!
    Thanks a lot people

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It was obviously sh1t if you couldn't finish all four.

Oh and you're banned for a week for questioning a mod.

I got sleepy because I'm old. And you didn't use mod voice. You are more confusing than the teenage girls I work with!

Xoxoxox
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Seaneh wrote: »
    I got sleepy because I'm old. And you didn't use mod voice. You are more confusing than the teenage girls I work with!

Xoxoxox
    :pac:

Ha

Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Anonamoose wrote: »
    Reading this thread has made me want to start brewing my own !!!
    Thanks a lot people

DO IT!! Greatest hobby in the world.

Clown Shoes Tramp Stamp. It's a Belgian Style India Pale Ale. Really nice and different beer.

• Advertisement

Ha

Banned

I'm not sure I should have encouraged you to be more officious...

:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

a Belgian Style India Pale Ale

this sentence confuses me.i want to try that

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

this sentence confuses me.i want to try that
    There's a fair few others around. Flying Dog's Raging Bitch is one of my favourites. La Chouffe's Houblon Chouffe is very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

8 Degrees Hurricane. Much better than last year, and it wasn't bad then! I was drinking Founders Centennial and All Day IPAs with it, but Hurricane was the best of the lot. If this, Amber Ella and the Full Irish were continuously available for 4/10€ my sunny day drinks would be sorted for a while...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

Discovery documentary series from 1989 called "The Beer Hunter", presented by renowned beer critic Michael Jackson that's worth a watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RHzmKSBl_8&list=PLBxC1gACJ1-67bpRII54rxQWrtDDZYUcu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Limeburner.

Pedigree New World by Marstons. Jesus lads, I walked into a pub in Beaumaris expecting to end up settling for a Guinness, asked about this beer on cask and the barmaid gave me a taster. Before I even got a chance to taste it, the smell blew me away. It smelt amazing, grapefruit and Clementine, the taste was much the same with a nice malt backbone and a lovely dry bitter finish.
    I didn't expect much from that beer, especially not in that pub but it was fecking lovely. Proper american style pale ale by a mainstream English brewery not known for making great beers.
    Very pleasant surprise, I recommend you seek it out if you're in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Arrived home last night from a 3 night trip to brussels.

Highlights included

Westmalle dubbel and triple on tap, a variety of gueze, lambic and kriek's at cantillon. Hopus and vieil orval served with a shot glass for the yeast sediment.
    Delirium cafe is a must visit, 2000 odd bottles as well as a dedicated tap bar and Hoppy specials in the loft.
    Had a triple hopped Duvel Soriachi Ace, sweet baby Jesus.

Amazing beer city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Troubles Whistle Blower IPA is a BEAST

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Troubles graffiti is pretty great. A perfect session ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Seaneh wrote: »
    Pedigree New World by Marstons.

Regular Pedigree is absolutely awful. I bought a large number of cans from Tesco for 50c each a couple of years ago and never managed to finish them. There's just nothing there.

adamski8 wrote: »
    Troubles graffiti is pretty great. A perfect session ale.

It is, are you in ATG? I hear thats the last keg of Graffiti :(

It was on in L. Mulligan Grocer during the week too. Storming beer, and a great advert for not filtering.

I managed to get my hands on two of the new bottles, had the Whistle Blower there and have the Brown Ale for later. Really impressed with Graffiti and Whistle Blower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

drumswan wrote: »
    I managed to get my hands on two of the new bottles, had the Whistle Blower there and have the Brown Ale for later. Really impressed with Graffiti and Whistle Blower.

Have they/are they being bottled? Being looking out for them in the offos but haven't spotted them yet.

• Advertisement

Went out to offies yesterday.

BpdY6oaIYAAybz-.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

BeerNut wrote: »
    Went out to offies yesterday.

BpdY6oaIYAAybz-.jpg

Not a fan of the new labels, thankfully the new beers are great tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Hearing good things about a new brewery in Wexford called Blackstairs (i think)

Has anyone had their beer, been (un)reliably informed they only do one so far and it's a "Ruby Red Pale Ale"?

Never heard of that style before, anyone tried it?

Blackstairs seem to be brewing up a small bit of a storm (no pun intended) on Twitter. Will grab a few next time I'm home

Has anyone had it? Beernut, I'm looking at you?

Blackstairs seem to be brewing up a small bit of a storm (no pun intended) on Twitter.
    You get more time for social media when you don't have a brewery to maintain ;)
    Just finished a bottle. It's odd: lots of dark roast and lots of astringent hops, for two kinds of bitterness at once. It's well made, and I'm sure other people will like it, but it was too much hard work for me.

drumswan wrote: »
    It is, are you in ATG? I hear thats the last keg of Graffiti :(

No was in PH central.

Tried the new saison by galway bay today. I dont like saisons i can safely say at this stage but this one seemed a bit more approachable than most.

Had 7 hops by rogue as well. Quite nice but id take a trouble graffiti over it. Even an all day ipa had me thinking back to the graffiti. Nice work trouble!

Was in the pav and they had barrelhead which has a weird lagerish taste to it. Alfie byrnes in the sun is a great spot i must also add.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a N17 rye tonight. Nice and malty with a bit of spice but would prefer a bit more hops

Having an 8 degree hurricane now. Still lovely but not sure if it's quite as nice as last year

Blackstairs seem to be brewing up a small bit of a storm (no pun intended) on Twitter. Will grab a few next time I'm home

How are they brewing up a storm?

adamski8 wrote: »
    No was in PH central.
    How much was it there? Getting this 3.6% ABV beer for under a fiver is a dream I have yet to realise.

Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout. Had it years ago, before I earned my high abv badge, and seem to remember that I struggled trying to finish. Whole different kettle of fish this time though. It's such a great beer.
    I love any stouts where you can really taste the finishing hops and they're perfect here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

The Norseman, formerly Farringtons, in Temple Bar has an excellent range of craft beers. As well as an entended range of O'haras beers they have a number of 8 Degrees seasonals, Belgians and rotation taps. The prices were also reasonable - €5.40 for a draught Leann Follain. Had it not been for the volume of the wretched guitar man it would have been perfect. But alas this was temple bar.

I had an O'hara's Nitro Red in the Stag's Head tonight as well but found that the nitro really dissipated the flavour of what I consider a great beer in the original form.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement