Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

adamski8 wrote: »
    How are they brewing up a storm?

Suppose what I meant to say was they seem to be getting a lot of social media attention from what seem to be pretty satisfied customers

Of course it could be the case that they deliberately spend more time re-tweeting etc than other places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

BeerNut wrote: »
    How much was it there? Getting this 3.6% ABV beer for under a fiver is a dream I have yet to realise.

Sorry it was 5.20 im pretty sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Enjoyed a N17 last night. Didn't realise it was a high ABV.

A little more hops would have been great but it's a very good beer indeed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Non alcoholic becks............nice ya couldnt tell the difference but still....its lacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Enjoyed a N17 last night. Didn't realise it was a high ABV.
    N17 Rye is 5% no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Had it not been for the volume of the wretched guitar man it would have been perfect. But alas this was temple bar.

The live music in Farrington's isn't as bad as some of the places in TB, but I've always found the seats around the back near the loos to be ok, and not too loud with the live music.

drumswan wrote: »
    N17 Rye is 5% no?

I just checked the bottle and the Rye% is 8% not the ABV ! Ha ha .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Founder's IPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I just checked the bottle and the Rye% is 8% not the ABV ! Ha ha .

think its 5% aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Had a kinnegar scraggy bay IPA last night and I think they improved the recipe since I last had it. A lot stronger grapefruit and pine hop flavour to it (cascade?). Good quality IPA.

Seems a few breweries have honed their recipes recently which is commendable, if not a little confusing at times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Deschutes Red Chair, North West Pale Ale; this one is more malt dominated than other pale ales. The hops are very subtle and slightly citrusy, I enjoyed it but it just lacked something.
    I also had Oskar Blues Old Chubb Scotch Ale again, lovely beer that's like an alcohol laced Werthers Original. I must try to get more of this style, I had intended to get their Imperial Red Ale so got this instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ipso wrote: »
    I also had Oskar Blues Old Chubb Scotch Ale again, lovely beer that's like an alcohol laced Werthers Original.
    Had a can of this last night. It's a great beer.

Metalman/ Hardknott Yerba : I didnt read the label to be honest and got a shock when I tasted it.
    Got chocolate and spice and all things nice.

Shared half a bottle so didn't get into too much but I liked this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Had an Evil Twin Lil B Imperial Porter yesterday.

Not overly impressed with it tbh, it was grand as the style goes, if not a bit too coffee-ish. Head was a nice dark tan verging on brown, but completely disappeared over the 70-80 minutes I spent drinking the bottle (11% beer, I treated the bottle like a couple of glasses of wine).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Franciscan Well - Chieftain IPA
    A rare visit down to the local pub yesterday (due to their pretty dismal array of anything resembling a decent beer) to be greeted by the usual Franciscan Well taps. Ordinarily I'd avoid them unless there really wasn't an alternative, but this evening, their other taps offered no solace. Thankfully the usual FW beers had been replaced with the Blarney Blond and Chieftain IPA, so took the opportunity to try them both. The Blarney Blond reminds me a little of Smithwicks Pale ale, with just a subtle hoppiness. Light and drinkable, but largely forgettable. The Chieftain IPA on the other hand reminded me of BrewDog's 5am Saint, with a decent level of hops, fruit and bitterness, without the tongue curling sweet caramel of Brewdog's beer. Yes, its origins may be dubious and craft beer status questionable, but it certainly tastes better than all of the other non-crafty beers on offer in the establishment. I'd certainly drink it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Had a can of this last night. It's a great beer.

This is indeed a great beer. Quite different to the typical Belgian examples I've tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

anyone tried the bengali tiger or sixpoint crisp
    lookin for these next if can find them

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

GY A1 wrote: »

Bengali is lovely. The Crisp is decent, although I'm not a mad lager drinker.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I though Sweet Action was way better than Bengali Tiger.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Modus hoperandi.exactly my type of IPA

had a Raging Bitch.pretty strange.really don't know what to make of it

• Advertisement

BeerNut wrote: »
    I though Sweet Action was way better than Bengali Tiger.

I enjoyed both but Bengali Tiger was the better of the two for me.

Evil Twin Falco is tasty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I think it's down to personal taste/mood as to which is a better beer but they are both fantastic brews and it's splitting hairs tbh.

I had a sweet action on the terrace of The Black Bull in Bangor Saturday afternoon and it was perfect for sitting in the sun, relaxing and killing time.

The Chieftain IPA on the other hand reminded me of BrewDog's 5am Saint...

This is precisely what my friend told me about Chieftain. Looking forward to trying it. Purgatory is decidedly meh.

Flying dog's underdog lager is grand.just had an anchor steam beer which is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Modus hoperandi.exactly my type of IPA

had a Raging Bitch.pretty strange.really don't know what to make of it

I'm not overly keen on Belgian beers so while I like Flying Dog's range, Raging bitch doesn't hit the spot because of the Belgian style.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,124 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Blackstairs seem to be brewing up a small bit of a storm (no pun intended) on Twitter. Will grab a few next time I'm home

Has anyone had it? Beernut, I'm looking at you?

Had a bottle of it last night. It's grand and reminded me a little of Rebel Red but it's not worth raving about TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭upforit101

GY A1 wrote: »

Have had both at the spoons @Stansted Airport.
    The Bengali is really superb an excellent American Pale Ale.
    The six point is exactly as it says on the tin; crisp a real summer thirst quencher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I had a tasting of these 3 last night, just back from Belgium so that might be why I wasn't impressed with any of them

7VABgvkl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Havent tried the stout, where did you get it? I enjoyed the other two.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement