Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Is it a Belgian style stout?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a bottle of Evil Twin Falco last night.

Very tasty and the smell is amazing, loads of grapefruit and tropical flavours with a light body.

Was suprised that it was 7%, I was sipping away thinking it would be a lovely session ale because the body is so light and then checked the bottle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

drumswan wrote: »
    Havent tried the stout, where did you get it? I enjoyed the other two.

Direct from the source via the owners nephew :pac:
    irish_goat wrote: »
    Is it a Belgian style stout?

Yeah think so, very sweet for a stout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

matrim wrote: »
    Had a bottle of Evil Twin Falco last night.

Very tasty and the smell is amazing, loads of grapefruit and tropical flavours with a light body.

Was suprised that it was 7%, I was sipping away thinking it would be a lovely session ale because the body is so light and then checked the bottle

sounds nice - where did you pick that up

sounds nice - where did you pick that up

Think I got it in Drinkstore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

RasTa wrote: »
    I had a tasting of these 3 last night, just back from Belgium so that might be why I wasn't impressed with any of them

7VABgvkl.jpg

I like the way the label of the stout bottle changes to 'Westporter' instead of 'Westport'. I lolled.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Message to housemate while he's in work. Should keep me company for a few days.

15rgsbt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭upforit101

Seaneh wrote: »
    Message to housemate while he's in work. Should keep me company for a few days.

15rgsbt.jpg

Nice, love that beer.

Where did you get them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

upforit101 wrote: »
    Nice, love that beer.

Where did you get them?

The Black Bull in Bangor.

£1.99 each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Drinking a Blackstairs Ruby Red IPA, its ruby red alright, not sure why they call it an IPA though. Solid enough, if a bit unspectacular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

To Øl - Grenadier. Eh it's different, I'll give it that.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

my local pub got loads of new beers in stock and i noticed that they had beoir#1 so i asked for that.the barman told me it was the last keg in the country that they managed to get their hands on and he started to pour me a glass and it literally got just a mouthful amount in the glass before it ran out.at least i got to sample it.tasted pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

my local pub got loads of new beers in stock and i noticed that they had beoir#1 so i asked for that.the barman told me it was the last keg in the country that they managed to get their hands on and he started to pour me a glass and it literally got just a mouthful amount in the glass before it ran out.at least i got to sample it.tasted pretty good too.

oooh where is your local?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Saved something special for the start of the football tonight, AleSmith Old Numbskull, and what a treat it is. :) It's like liquid toffee with a nice bitter finish to balance the sweetness. Very drinkable for its 11%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Got myself the Aldi Weiss beer for tonight for a tasting alongside my own Weiss brew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Bad news at jw sweetmans. Their range is 4.70e a pint now, cask 5.20 and no more beer of the month!

Justified with their quality but a shame for our wallets.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

adamski8 wrote: »
    Bad news at jw sweetmans. Their range is 4.70e a pint now, cask 5.20 and no more beer of the month
    Strange. They just advertised their new lager as €4.50 a pint.

BeerNut wrote: »

Ah thats true, that one is 4.50, meant their core range.

Bad news at jw sweetmans. Their range is 4.70e a pint now, cask 5.20 and no more beer of the month!

Justified with their quality but a shame for our wallets.

Thats irritating.

On the other hand, this brewer is superb. Have been drinking his 'Barrelhead' beers in The Headline, they must be running close to the best beers being produced to Ireland today. So complex in flavour and not reliant on hops like many others.

Drinking a bottle of Agent Provocateur from Trouble, last of the series ive to try and they have all been really excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Lost Coast's Downtown Brown Ale, very enjoyable. It reminded me a bit of Oskar Blues Old Chubb but not as sweet.
    As much as I love hops and IPAs I must try to focus on other ales.

• Advertisement

BeerNut wrote: »

Its actually a nice lager as they go. I got it with their burger and pint (lager) deal for the world cup for 10e. I wouldn't advise this deal as its a very small burger and a few crisps.

Their pale ale seems to have changed again, much darker in colour and tastes more malty and less hoppy. Still a very good beer but maybe not as great as it was a while ago.

Had the porter on cask but at 5.20 a pint id stict to the draft

Had the Carlow/Pinta collab 'From Lublin to Dublin' last night, absolutely superb.

drumswan wrote: »
    Had the Carlow/Pinta collab 'From Lublin to Dublin' last night, absolutely superb.

Where'd you get it? Is it in any pubs?

matrim wrote: »
    Where'd you get it? Is it in any pubs?
    Got the last bottle from Baggot St Wines. They told me Drinkstore has (or had some) too. Looking at Ratebeer most of it seems to have gone to Poland. Dont think its been released on draught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

Their pale ale seems to have changed again, much darker in colour and tastes more malty and less hoppy. Still a very good beer but maybe not as great as it was a while ago.
    Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Lads I need to find a decent beer/ale that comes in large cans. It's for my 24 can allocation at a festival. I have found torpedo 473ml cans of Sierra Nevada Torpedo in drinkstore, but I can't be drinkin 7.2% all the time.
    Any others available in Dublin?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Warm lager? Eugh.

Macardles comes in cans, and can be had in Dunnes.

I'm going to Bewley's in Leopardstown for after work drinks, do they have any craft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Lads I need to find a decent beer/ale that comes in large cans. It's for my 24 can allocation at a festival. I have found torpedo 473ml cans of Sierra Nevada Torpedo in drinkstore, but I can't be drinkin 7.2% all the time.
    Any others available in Dublin?

I know it's not large cans but drinkstore have euphoria pale ale from ska brewing for 1e a can.

The beer is out of date, but at Xmas a similar thing happened with their modus hoperandi and that tasted fine to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Just finished off a bottle of St. Austell Proper Job, very nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement