Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm expecting to be disappointed by O'Haras Adventure Amber Ale today... Well maybe not.

Had it as part of a tasting board in Brewery Corner

Pretty forgettable. Still love Leann Follain & their Pale Ale but not much else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Stone 's Artogant B*****d, meh. As it warmed up it improved, at first it had just a bitter taste with some sutble malt taste.
    That was my third beer from Stone and all of them didn't impress me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Budweiser yum yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Jaysus what's going in with them. Winter Star was atrocious and the Double IPA is a weak offering.

Id say nothing.....the standard of Irish craft has picked up immensely over the last 2-3 years. Don't forget Lublin to Dublin was a cracker, even if it was a colab

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

drkpower wrote: »
    What's the word on whether they are likely to put a batch on general sale?
    Extremely unlikely. The brewery made a loss on the one batch that was brewed. I think it's still on draught at the Purty Kitchen in Monkstown but that's about the last of it. The distributor has no more kegs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Id say nothing.....the standard of Irish craft has picked up immensely over the last 2-3 years. Don't forget Lublin to Dublin was a cracker, even if it was a colab

But I mean their Pale Ale, Stout and LF are fantastic. I also highly rate their Red and have heard good things about Curim. Seems like they can't get it right after these, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Cheers.

What's the word on whether they are likely to put a batch on general sale?

Hate hearing all these great reviews but can't get my hands on it.

It's been on draught all over the place already, you missed the boat there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Finkbrau from lidl and only e 3.49 for 10 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Finally tried the Kinsale IPA and BIPA at the weekend. I found both extremely well-balanced and very drinkable. Both very session-able if that was what one was looking for. Would definitely buy again.

Also had a bottle of the O'Hara's Amber Adventure. Didn't think it was too bad. Lacks a bit of a punch, but at 4.1% abv the flavours came through okay. Certainly not on the level of Amber Ella, but if the 500ml bottles were available and reasonably priced I'd go again.

Evil Twin Yang, very nice and some kick off her. Will try the Yin next.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

drumswan wrote: »

I see a couple if their Ales at the supermarket, but always overlook it. Must check one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

It's been on draught all over the place already, you missed the boat there

I know :-(. On the few occasions I manage to get out these days, my two usual haunts are brew dock and mulligans grocer and they didn't have it.

I had assumed it was only a matter of time before they put it out commercially but it looks like I assumed wrong. Goddarnit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Still a few crates of Sierra Nevada 2012 celebration (out of date) available in drinkstore. Quality quality beer. At €1.50 a bottle, it's an absolute no brainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

Had evil twin hop flood yesterday. Thought it was very poor.
    Loaded with hops but nothing else. Had Amber Ella after and delicious as always.
    Just noticed I have a bottle of the Franciscan wells stout aged in Jameson barrel which has a best before May date on it. Will have to crack it open soon or will it matter?

I know :-(. On the few occasions I manage to get out these days, my two usual haunts are brew dock and mulligans grocer and they didn't have it.

I had assumed it was only a matter of time before they put it out commercially but it looks like I assumed wrong. Goddarnit.

I too was biding my time until it was released for general sale. I'm disappointed to hear this news.

Amber Adventure was alright in the end. Not sure I'd get it again, though.
    Had evil twin hop flood yesterday. Thought it was very poor.

Yeah, I'd have to agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Ah don't say that I'm just after absconding from work and bought a couple of bottles of hop flood on my way home.

I'm going to start off with To øls dangerously close to stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Picked up a stash of Hilden Twisted Hop in Dunnes 4 for €9 and a few of their Belfast Blondes

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

did you mix Yin and Yang together? how was the taste?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Last nights haul.

Fullers London Porter
    Meantime London Stout
    Brains Dark
    Celt Experience Golden Ale
    Thornbridge Jaipur

Not a bad auld mix, followed by about 4 pints of guinness in the pub while watching Mario Balotelli break english hearts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Just noticed I have a bottle of the Franciscan wells stout aged in Jameson barrel which has a best before May date on it. Will have to crack it open soon or will it matter?
    A beer like that will be fine for years I'd say.

Jesus, Bo Bristle IPA never fails to make me lick my lips. I know I go on about it, but it's just a gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

BeerNut wrote: »
    It's best that he airs on the side of caution though, I'll take it off his hands and dispose of it properly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Extremely unlikely. The brewery made a loss on the one batch that was brewed. I think it's still on draught at the Purty Kitchen in Monkstown but that's about the last of it. The distributor has no more kegs.

Still in the Purty last night although I did do my best to finish it off :-)

Ah ok thanks. I'll save it till July, my brother is coming back to Ireland for a visit and is very keen to try all the beers I've been telling him about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Jesus, Bo Bristle IPA never fails to make me lick my lips. I know I go on about it, but it's just a gem.

Just cracked open a bottle myself. Nice beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Kinnegar Otway, entirely sessionable.

Ah don't say that I'm just after absconding from work and bought a couple of bottles of hop flood on my way home.

I'm going to start off with To øls dangerously close to stupid

If you are a hophead you will enjoy Hop Flood, its a big American Amber with a big malt backbone to carry the ridiculous hops.

Id take what you read in this thread with a pinch of salt tbh, no brewery is beyond being slated on here especially if their beers cost more than four quid. To Ol is probably next.
    did you mix Yin and Yang together? how was the taste?
    Didnt mix them, have another two stashed away to do just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

i thought the Hop Flood was pretty meh tbh.the Dangerously Close to Stupid was really nice but fairly packed a punch.

just had a Brewdog Hardcore ipa.awesomely hoppy which i like and thought the high abv was fairly hidden.some Modus Hoperandi next

• Advertisement

Tried Trouble's Whistleblower IPA last night. Jesus, its sweet. Nice enough, though. I'd try it again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement