Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Tuatara APA (Aotearoa Pale Ale) - Wow really liked this beer.

Smelled wonderful on pour some tropical fruits and a caramel sweetness.

Tasted the same but also a lovely long hop bitterness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I got an email about those Tuatara beers from Molloys today, I must check them out.

Shame I'm always left standing like a tool at the till in Molloy's cause they haven't updated the system with the barcode on new beers. Like... every time I go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Had a pint of N17 Rye tonight followed by Whitewater Red and then some ok lager from Bo Bristle. N17 was really nice and the Red was nice but unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Bo Bristle IPA - Enjoyed this more than I expected. After some decent reviews here I decided to try it again and liked it, light body but nice hoppy citrus and grapefruit taste too. Last time I had it at least a year ago I wasn't impressed and their Amber is bland but this was nice

Cloughmore Heather IPA -Nothing special, a bit unbalanced overall but has some nice flavours in there but a decent offering

Trouble Brewing Whistle Blower - I enjoyed this, malty body but a nice hop hit too. Would like to try it again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Grayditch wrote: »
    I got an email about those Tuatara beers from Molloys today, I must check them out.

Shame I'm always left standing like a tool at the till in Molloy's cause they haven't updated the system with the barcode on new beers. Like... every time I go in.

Ha ha that happens me all the time but not this time. Also whilst waiting I try guilt them into getting a beer glass. Not the ones they give out if you get 4 world beers.
    I picked up a lovely Duvel (large)and La Chouffe (small)glass the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

adamski8 wrote: »
    stonehouse? did you misread our recommendations?

Trololol. Stonehouse is on the tramp cider side of things.

I've had a couple of pints of Murphy's stout in recent days. I must say I really enjoy it. Not as dry as Guinness or Beamish and with a subtle chocolate milk-type flavour. Very nice but so hard to find in Dublin unless in less glamorous drinking venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Murphys is delicious. I still get the odd couple of cans of it, which are ok, but the first time I tried it was in Carlow on draught and it was lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

4 bottles of Theakston's Old Peculiar from the Dunnes stores 4 for €9 range

I love coming back to this fine ale on occasion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Has anyone else been waiting on a drink store order this week, ordered on Monday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Had an evil twin falco and a brewdog bourbon baby, enjoyed them both immensely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Has anyone else been waiting on a drink store order this week, ordered on Monday morning

Their phones and internet connectivity were down, so they're in a bit of a state. My order from last Friday still hasn't come - even though they told me (yesterday morning) that it was picked and would be delivered yesterday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

alastair wrote: »
    Their phones and internet connectivity were down, so they're in a bit of a state. My order from last Friday still hasn't come - even though they told me (yesterday morning) that it was picked and would be delivered yesterday evening.

They gave me 30 quids worth of beer on tick last week, I went back in to pay on Saturday and there was talk of another 2 quid Ska Brewing cans deal, anyone see this yet or have I missed it?

drumswan wrote: »
    They gave me 30 quids worth of beer on tick last week, I went back in to pay on Saturday and there was talk of another 2 quid Ska Brewing cans deal, anyone see this yet or have I missed it?

I was in yesterday and didn't see any deals on but could have missed something

Oh that'd be nice. I'll be getting a slab this time if it happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

Similar situation, I had ordered a case, case hadn't arrived by Friday evening despite being dispatched on Wednesday.

Rang Drinkstore, Richard arrived out to my house an hour later with a case of beer

Barely cracked open my first beer & the courier arrived with, you guessed it, my original case of beer

Rang Drinkstore to inform them & Ken said, sure pay me whenever you're in next

Richard & Ken, absolute gentlemen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,782 ✭✭✭hynesie08

They had ood euphoria for €1 a can. spent pretty much all day Wednesday drinking it in the sun. Bliss.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    They had ood euphoria for €1 a can. spent pretty much all day Wednesday drinking it in the sun. Bliss.

I bought a case of that euphoria for 24e last week, lovely stuff but strong for a pale ale;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

adamski8 wrote: »
    stonehouse? did you misread our recommendations?

Not at all ;) I do quite enjoy a few cans of it.

If only one could get the still cider Thistly Cross sell in in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

I'm no cider expert, but there seems to be much less of a leap in quality comparing some mass produced ciders to their craft equivalent.

I'm no cider expert, but there seems to be much less of a leap in quality comparing some mass produced ciders to their craft equivalent.

I would put the word craft in inverted commas for that one. Proper craft cider is a world away from sugary alco-pop 'ciders'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

alastair wrote: »

I sent a message through their website, should I ring them or just wait it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

met a mate in the big schmoke last night.finally had some nice beers on draught.started with franciscan well purgatory,and had some of the usuals (o'haras ipa,metalman) but it was nice having them on tap for a change.i was loving the metalman

Had 3 of the new Trouble beers tonight, Lazy Sunday Saison, Big Bear Brown Ale and Agent Provocateur Red Rye Ale. Shared each of them so I wasn't on my back. :)

Everyone of them is fantastic. The Rye Ale being my favourite one. Still have the Whistleblower to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

So far tonight:

The Hurler by Four Provinces (Growler fro LMG) - Lovely copper ale, more bitter than I expected but not in a bad way, nice toasty chocolate flavour.

Kinnegar Otway - Lovely pale ale, nice floral hoppy nose. Perfect for summer drinking.

Anchor IPA - A bit of a let down. Big maltiness without any hops to balance it. I'm a big fan of their Liberty pale ale, this is just not up to standard compared to some of the great US IPA's out there IMO.

slayerking wrote: »
    Anchor IPA - A bit of a let down. Big maltiness without any hops to balance it. I'm a big fan of their Liberty pale ale, this is just not up to standard compared to some of the great US IPA's out there IMO.

Yeah I was really disappointed with this. Just tasted like a bad home brew effort.

Tried two hardknott ipa's tonight, the infra-red is lovely, but I'm a sucker for reddish, hoppy beers, love 5am and thought kinnegar's maddy roe.

Lubin to dublin. Really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Far too much O'Hara's pale ale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭upforit101

Donegal Brewing Co; Sea sessions Pale ale - Beer of 2014 for me, hits the spot, they have to make it a regular!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I sent a message through their website, should I ring them or just wait it out?

Ring them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement