Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Thornbridge / Sierra Nevada Twin Peaks supposed to an English / American pale ale.

Lots of tropical fruit flavours going on.
    A slight hint of hops in the end but nothing to write home about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A couple of bottles of Full Sail Ipa. I haven't had it since they changed the recipe. Very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

A couple of bottles of Full Sail Ipa. I haven't had it since they changed the recipe. Very enjoyable.

It's a case of night and day in my eyes. It suddenly has become one of the better Irish pale ales.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I was looking for it in O'Briens this week and they were out of stock. :(

Got some Black's Session IPA though - thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Heroditas wrote: »
    I was looking for it in O'Briens this week and they were out of stock. :(

Got some Black's Session IPA though - thoroughly enjoyed it.

I got it down in the Carrickmines branch of O'Briens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Slowly going through a crate each of schlenkerla marzen and weizen that I treated myself to for my summer holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

had a tiny rebel hadouken ipa and a beavertown gammaray ipa, good, but not blown away. currently having brewdog's shipwrecker circus, pretty good barleywine

• Registered Users Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Cottonball's Indian Summer is really light, really fresh and really nice. One of the better new brewerys around, if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Slowly going through a crate each of schlenkerla marzen and weizen that I treated myself to for my summer holidays.

I solute you my friend. 😀. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Lots of Radeberger and Rothaus Pils, two of my favourite pilsners tbh.

Got a care package of a few bottles of O'Hara's, saving them for a special occasion (i.e Sunday) :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Maynard

Modus Hoperandi, I love thee.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Great treat indeed. Did you buy them in Ireland, or ship them from Bamberg?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

More St Austens Proper Job, so nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Grayditch wrote: »
    Murphys is delicious. I still get the odd couple of cans of it, which are ok, but the first time I tried it was in Carlow on draught and it was lovely.

I've bought cans of Murphy's upon occasion but they always seem so expensive and never quite the same in terms of taste.

As a readily available, go-to stout for drinking at home I must say that I quite enjoy Beamish. It's cheap and uncomplicated. I don't mind the widget really.

O'Shea's from Aldi is a cut above it, for sure, but frequently out of stock, I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'll have to keep my eye out for that Aldi one, but I tried Beamish from a can and it wasn't for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'll have to keep my eye out for that Aldi one, but I tried Beamish from a can and it wasn't for me :)

O'Hara's make the aldi 's o'shea's

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Actually, I think I read that on here before. I'd definitely be interested in giving that a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Anybody tried the mcgargles brand.just saw it today for the first time.there's a red ale,a pilsner,and an ipa

Straight from Bamberg. Took about a week to deliver but was worth the wait.

Straight from Bamberg. Took about a week to deliver but was worth the wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Anybody tried the mcgargles brand.just saw it today for the first time.there's a red ale,a pilsner,and an ipa

The Red is the best of them, fairly middle of the road stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭squonk

Who are McGargles? Never struck me as craft but can't figure out who brews it as I've never bought any. I'm still scarred after I bought a bottle of Fúcking Hell for the craic and it was piss.

Think they are a group of ex-industry types starting their own brewing concern in Ireland. The beer is brewed under contract in the UK until their Irish operation gets up and running. There is talk of all sorts of seasonals and specials and edgy type brews being produced once they get a start in Ireland. Hopefully it wont be under the 'McGargles' moniker, it truly must be one of the worst marketing ideas in the history of beer

Drinking a Mescans Westporter Stout, have been really impressed with all three beers in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

This evening I'm relaxing with an Alesmith IPA. My god it's a beautiful beer. Have a few other beers from them that I'll open up over the next few months.

proxy.jpg?t=HBhjaHR0cHM6Ly9kMWM4djFxY2k1ZW40NC5jbG91ZGZyb250Lm5ldC9waG90by8yMDE0XzA2XzIzLzdhZmQ3YTczZDNmZjQ3NDk0MzQ1MmZkMTEwNWZlNzgzXzY0MHg2NDAuanBnFMAHFMAHABYAEgA&s=C_RZ2ozm8CoY2M7MMQVgiYrvgdUVSWhikaHIioaJ_8Q

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

DarrenG wrote: »
    This evening I'm relaxing with an Alesmith IPA. My god it's a beautiful beer. Have a few other beers from them that I'll open up over the next few months.

proxy.jpg?t=HBhjaHR0cHM6Ly9kMWM4djFxY2k1ZW40NC5jbG91ZGZyb250Lm5ldC9waG90by8yMDE0XzA2XzIzLzdhZmQ3YTczZDNmZjQ3NDk0MzQ1MmZkMTEwNWZlNzgzXzY0MHg2NDAuanBnFMAHFMAHABYAEgA&s=C_RZ2ozm8CoY2M7MMQVgiYrvgdUVSWhikaHIioaJ_8Q

The 3 beers that I've tried from Alesmith have all been phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

DarrenG wrote: »

Where did you get them Darren?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭Heroditas

drumswan wrote: »
    The Red is the best of them, fairly middle of the road stuff.

Middle of the road? That's being frikkin generous.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    The 3 beers that I've tried from Alesmith have all been phenomenal.

I also have Wee Heavy Scotch Ale, Old Numbskull & Speedway Stout which I'm looking forward to opening with friends.

• Advertisement

Catmologen wrote: »
    Where did you get them Darren?

http://www.saveur-biere.com/en/

Not cheap though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement