Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

DarrenG wrote: »
    I also have Wee Heavy Scotch Ale, Old Numbskull & Speedway Stout which I'm looking forward to opening with friends.

The Scotch and Numskull I've tried, both amazing. Have another bottle of The Scotch 'put away' for a special occasion. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

BaZmO* wrote: »
    The 3 beers that I've tried from Alesmith have all been phenomenal.

I must check them out, I think I've seen them but over looked them due to price. Might be worth splashing out once in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It was all well and good until I broke out Odell's Deconstruction with friends...

What a kick... Great Beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

drumswan wrote: »
    Think they are a group of ex-industry types starting their own brewing concern in Ireland. The beer is brewed under contract in the UK until their Irish operation gets up and running. There is talk of all sorts of seasonals and specials and edgy type brews being produced once they get a start in Ireland. Hopefully it wont be under the 'McGargles' moniker, it truly must be one of the worst marketing ideas in the history of beer

They are up and running in the rye river brewery, met 3 of them at a promo in the local a few weeks ago, lovely people

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Currently enjoying a pint of Hophead on cask in Porterhouse bray after climbing Bray head. It would be rude not to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Currently enjoying a pint of Hophead on cask in Porterhouse bray after climbing Bray head. It would be rude not to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Had a lovely pint of North Star Porter by Facers the other day. When I checked it out online was stunned to see it rates really badly on rate beer, I thought it was delicious and can't wait to have another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Having a Rochefort 8. So good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Trying a Trouble Brewing Whistle Blower for the first time, it's quite good. Not as good as Galway Bay OFAF but still nice. I like the new beers they've been knocking out lately.

and now an Eight Degrees Hurricane, a little lightweight after the last one ^^ but excellent nonetheless. We are spoiled for choice for homegrown brews at the moment, and long may it continue :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

O'Hara's Red delivered from home. Gorgeous gorgeous full-tasting beer.

Have a few other bottles of O'Hara's stuff, it's been so long, I'm really looking forward to them. Excellent brewery, imo.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Trappistes Rochefort 10.

No description required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Chimay Triple, absolutely lovely. I got a clovey type taste that reminded me of Hefeweizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

I had both Primus and Jupiler in Belgium over the weekend. I thought the Jupiler was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

In the Dark Horse in Blackrock. Finally getting around to trying OFAF for the first time. It is dangerously tasty..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Tesco doing 4 bottles of select beers for €9 atm. Picked up some Leann Follain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Passenger wrote: »
    Tesco doing 4 bottles of select beers for €9 atm. Picked up some Leann Follain.

4 Leann Follain for 9eur, how do you sleep at night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

symbolic wrote: »
    4 Leann Follain for 9eur, how do you sleep at night :)

Guess!

Kinnegar Yannaroddy - like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Wreck Alley by Karl Strauss Brewing Company. So much going on with this imperial stout. Very, very nice.

proxy.jpg?t=HBhjaHR0cHM6Ly9kMWM4djFxY2k1ZW40NC5jbG91ZGZyb250Lm5ldC9waG90by8yMDE0XzA2XzI2L2Y4N2I4YzEyMjkzMmI1YzYzMDg4Y2VkYzY3YTRjZDg0XzY0MHg2NDAuanBnFIAKFIAKABYAEgA&s=U9xr0Af5_OQyIkfhRBQ4VViQcshCxRofUylYOS60SiU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Hi Folks

Just got into craft beers and stout so far Im loving it, just wondering how do people rate the Smithwicks Pale Ale.

And I know this isnt a craft beer but it is a new type of drink for me and was wondering how it rates compared to other ales.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    Hi Folks

Just got into craft beers and stout so far Im loving it, just wondering how do people rate the Smithwicks Pale Ale.

It's as good as any to start with but once you try pale ales from micro breweries you'll find it bland as hell (if you develop a taste for hops that is.) Some ales are very hoppy and can be a shock to the system so SPA is a nice gentle introduction to the style of beer. It was one of the first new Irish beers I tried a couple of years ago.

I have always enjoyed stouts just have never fully immersed myself in them as they can be very heavy to drink. So far I have been enjoying my experience with the ales a lot easier to drink but lovely flavours. Ive tried 8degees stuff and loved it.

Going to Tesco and stocking up on some new drinks tonight any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    I have always enjoyed stouts just have never fully immersed myself in them as they can be very heavy to drink. So far I have been enjoying my experience with the ales a lot easier to drink but lovely flavours. Ive tried 8degees stuff and loved it.

Going to Tesco and stocking up on some new drinks tonight any recommendations?

Leann Folláin (extra stout) and the Pale Ale both from O'Haras. I think they are still 4 for €9 at Tesco.
    8 Degrees' stuff is fantastic.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Leann Folláin (extra stout) and the Pale Ale both from O'Haras. I think they are still 4 for €9 at Tesco.
    8 Degrees' stuff is fantastic.

Weekend Planned :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Some nice beers I've sampled lately:

O'Hara's Double IPA
    Franciscan Well Chieftain IPA (beautiful stuff)
    Trouble Brewing Dark Arts (stout)
    Proper Job English Pale Ale
    Metalman Windjammer Pale Ale

I'd highly recommend any of these.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Anyone tried or seen St. Austell's new "Proper Cool IPA" knocking around yet?

Americanised version of Proper job, same male billing but hopped with Cascade, Chinook and Willamette. Sounds promising?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Seaneh wrote: »
    Anyone tried or seen St. Austell's new "Proper Cool IPA" knocking around yet?

Americanised version of Proper job, same male billing but hopped with Cascade, Chinook and Willamette. Sounds promising?

Big fan of Proper Job so I'll have to keep an eye out.

Picked up a slab of Ska's Euphoria Pale Ale earlier. For €1 a can, it would be rude not to!
    Also picked up some of the new Trouble stiff and some Galway Bay beers too.
    This warm weather is thirsty work. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Heroditas wrote: »
    Picked up a slab of Ska's Euphoria Pale Ale earlier. For €1 a can, it would be rude not to!

As in Ska Brewing? Where is this? Their Modus Hoperandi is gorgeous, I'd guess this one will be pretty good too, defo a steal at that price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement