Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Anyone tried Kinnegar Otway? Picked up a bottle but won't get a chance to drink it tonight,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭Heroditas

slayerking wrote: »
    As in Ska Brewing? Where is this? Their Modus Hoperandi is gorgeous, I'd guess this one will be pretty good too, defo a steal at that price.

Yep. The same crowd.
    Got it in Drinkstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Heroditas wrote: »
    Yep. The same crowd.
    Got it in Drinkstore.

Still available? I didn't notice it on the website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

It's not on the website, was going to order some and have it kept aside for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,782 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Seaneh wrote: »
    It's not on the website, was going to order some and have it kept aside for me :(

Give them a ring. They'd about 30 cases left last night.

5am saint, turns out my hatred of it may have been price based, fairly decent at €5 a pint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Is the Ska short dated?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Is the Ska short dated?

Yep. They easily had over 2 cases left today at lunchtime

I went there about an hour ago and seemed to get the last slab - I did ask and they said that was more or less the last of it.

Good beer too, though maybe not as great as Modus.

I hate you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭upforit101

2014 Sierra Nevada Summerfest Lager from Drinkstore - Nice and crispy Lager, lovely stuff.

• Advertisement

Ravelleman wrote: »
    I went there about an hour ago and seemed to get the last slab - I did ask and they said that was more or less the last of it.

Good beer too, though maybe not as great as Modus.

Yep a mate of mine was there a short time ago and it was all gone. Bloody hell it went quickly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Yep a mate of mine was there a short time ago and it was all gone. Bloody hell it went quickly!

Has been there for a while, I got a case of it about 2 weeks ago.

Has been there for a while, I got a case of it about 2 weeks ago.

True, but about 20 cases since lunchtime? That's a lot of beer. :D

Anyone tried Kinnegar Otway? Picked up a bottle but won't get a chance to drink it tonight,

To quote Paul giammati in sideways: 'quaffable, though not transcendent'

True, but about 20 cases since lunchtime? That's a lot of beer. :D

Saw a few lads drinking it in Smithfield on the way and knew I had to hurry. :p

Currently sipping on a bottle of the €1 Blacks Pale Ale for comparison. The Blacks is certainly quite nice but it is by no means a top pale ale, even within the relatively small pool of Irish brewers. I think it has improved a lot since.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

:(

Why do people always mention these types of things when it's too late?!

Had a few good 'uns tonight, had birra del borgo reale, centennial ipa and a thornbridge/Sierra twin peaks in the black sheep.

Wasn't too gone on the twin peaks but the other 2 were good.

Had a founders dirty bastard, breakfast stout and have a few kinnegar in reserve.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    :(

Why do people always mention these types of things when it's too late?!

To tease you, of course. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,096 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hilden Belfast blonde. Very nice light and crisp. Definitely one you could drink all night...number 4 just polished off!

Five Lamps Liberties Ale. Wretched; like Smithwicks with less flavour. Perhaps worse than draught Bass in the Bohemian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

upforit101 wrote: »
    2014 Sierra Nevada Summerfest Lager from Drinkstore - Nice and crispy Lager, lovely stuff.

It's great isn't it? I had Drakes Amber Ale recently, really nice but a very dark brown color. Having a Deschutes Chain Breaker White IPA, also very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I've gone off beer in the last year, seem to drink more wine these days. I do go to a craft beer bar every Monday night though so still keeping a toe in the beer lake. SpaceMan is a current favorite.

I did have a smoky flavoured beer recently, it's name escapes me but I swear it taste of bacon. Had a right urge for a rashes sandwhich while I drank it.

Having had a couple cans of Ska Brewing Euphoria I can say that it's quite a different beast to Modus. It seems to be a winter seasonal, which in my mind contributes to the extra maltiness. It has a very chewy texture - something I find with a lot of the canned American pale ales. The foam is very thick when poured but dissipates quite quickly. The nose is very hoppy but the flavour is more mellow than than Modus. The lasting flavour is very much bitterness. Modus is more in your face but I think perhaps it is also better balanced than Euphoria. It's a very nice beer all the same.

I should add that at various points I've picked out a hint of green tea in the flavour. I'm usually not capable of being that specific but that definitely stands out in my mind!

Sorry to those who didn't get any. I'd throw you a can if I saw you at a barbecue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

had a couple london pride and a galway hooker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Havin dam independent pale ale and trouble whistleblower watching the match. Both v good

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Enjoying a JWS porter at the moment. What else should I sample while I'm here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Ireland latest craft brewery, Longfords St. Mel's Brewery officially launched their beers this weekend. A Brown Ale and a Pale Ale. Currently drinking the Pale ale.

An excellent pale ale. So great to be able to drink local craft beer.

Where is stocking it in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Kinnegar Otway. a european pale ale
    Seems like an english style pale ale to me. Some nice hints of pine and a nice sipper and not to strong at only 4.3%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Dogfish Head. My god.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement