Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The ABV has gone up slightly, from 7.9% to 8.4%, which may account for a small increase, but probably not all of it.

Had a bottle of it a few weeks ago and it was savage. Better than last years batch. It's a pity it's released during the summer. It's not a summer drink, it's something that should be enjoyed on a cold, dark night in the depths of winter in front of a nice fire.

The bottles look fantastic though, and the new presentation tubes do look great.

I had a bottle of it last year with the FIL after Christmas dinner and he loved it, which was cool because I had bought him another bottle as a present.

Looking forward to trying it again this year but you're right, they release it at the wrong time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Beavertown Neck oil IPA nice citrusy flavours going on. Kinda get a herby grassy taste too.

Love their can designs too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Trouble Brewing: Sabotage with dinner.
    Hilden: Twisted Hop with a DVD.

Grand night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

Anchor IPA, simply superb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

BMJD wrote: »
    Metalman Yerba - bit cough bottly
    Ah, I liked the Yerba. A nice, different dimension to a decent porter. I fully expected to be disappointed but was pleasantly surprised.

I've mostly been on the wine this week, but snuck in a few Founder's All Day Session IPAs and their Centennial IPA, which is predictably awesome.

Also a few schneaky Kinnegar Limeburners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Down in Longford for a match so a bottle of St Mels pale ale. Very enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

My bottle list for tonight:
    brewdog #mashtag
    smuttynose bouncy house ipa
    Donegal blonde
    bo bristle ipa
    porterhouse hophead
    thornbridge raven

I'll let ye know how i get on with them as i get progressively drunker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Drinking a Cloughmore Dark Water Porter - lovely smooth mouthfeel, and sometimes with Northern Irish dark ales and porters they can go overboard on the roasted malts, and have an almost burnt flavour, this is not present, but the smokiness is still there.

It's so smooth, it's almost like a nitro stout, I think I'll be going back to this.

Got two of them and two Heather IPAs for €11 in McHugh's Artane.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Pints of Heineken in Scott's Hotel, Killarney tonight, and lots of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Pints of windjammer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had Some Dublin Pale Ale in the PorterHouse yesterday

Nice and suprisingly hoppy

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Just back from Kilkenny. Had Costellos ale in Billy Byrnes. Very nice! A very traditional Irish red ale - or so I was told - with loads of malt and a nice dry finish. Lovely beer for this weather and not a crazy amount of alchohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

St Mels pale ale : not bad but missing something. Maybe a little light.

Smuttynose Shoals pale ale : pours a nice amber colour nice hops and nice malt too. Tiny spice kick too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Einstök Ölgerð.
    It is gorgeous.
    That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

a few Tyskie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Really enjoyed the St Mels Brown ale and the eight degrees vicsecret

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Staying in Fota for a couple of days. We were having lunch in the bar earlier and I asked if they had any craft beers.
    "Errrr we have Tiger?"
    "Never mind, just give me a Beamish please :( "

Bit of a shame they don't even have any of the local stuff in bottles.

Heroditas wrote: »
    Staying in Fota for a couple of days. We were having lunch in the bar earlier and I asked if they had any craft beers.
    "Errrr we have Tiger?"
    "Never mind, just give me a Beamish please :( "

Bit of a shame they don't even have any of the local stuff in bottles.

How can anybody that works in the hospitality industry not know about the popularity of craft beers?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    How can anybody that works in the hospitality industry not know about the popularity of craft beers?

You'd be amazed, I've had people look at me like im nuts when I've the question. Its a slow grower outside of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

BaZmO* wrote: »
    summer job types, or just somebody that doesn't like their job as just sees it a way to feed the family

• Advertisement

summer job types, or just somebody that doesn't like their job as just sees it a way to feed the family

Still though, I've done bar work down through years and there are still a lot of people that see it as a profession and don't have a clue. A lot of them have become Diageo-tised.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Quite a nice selection this evening:

Tiny rebel dirty stop out smoked oat stout
    Farmageddon cascadian dark ale, not quite as balanced,
    And now a hurricane ipa-delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Oh, I also got to try a brehon brewhouse red ale.

it was lovely, although my judgment was possibly affected by my excitement in trying my home county's first craft brewery offering!

Beavertown Neck Oil Session IPA, very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Couple of pints of 8 degrees Vic Secret in the Magpie in Dalkey Saturday night - delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

G rock wrote: »
    Oh, I also got to try a brehon brewhouse red ale.

it was lovely, although my judgment was possibly affected by my excitement in trying my home county's first craft brewery offering!

i didn't like it.there was too much of a burnt/smokey taste of it for my liking,
    and I've had homebrews that were nicer than their blonde.for the price of them there are a lot better offerings out there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

goin pick up few cider's for a change, anything good for a change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

GY A1 wrote: »
    goin pick up few cider's for a change, anything good for a change

Stonewell and macivors are the best imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Longueville House, Double L and Cockagee are my favourite Irish ciders.

• Advertisement

O'Hara's Amber Adventure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement