Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's permanent in Sheary's of Crumlin, as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

BeerNut wrote: »
    It's permanent in Sheary's of Crumlin, as far as I know.[/QUOTE

only bar in Dublin atm with the red ale i belive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Going to Madrid for a week for work. I will have a lot of free time on my hands so expect to continue my journey into Spanish craft beer in the scorching heat.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Not beer related, but don't miss La Venencia. Sherry heaven.

Not beer related, but don't miss La Venencia. Sherry heaven.

I've been! Nice olives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Drinking Brown Paper Bag Projects Vlad The Baker, it's gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

When the rosemary and clementine saison came out back in March it was draught only and I think Shane Long said it would be bottle only when it was re-released.

It has been bottled recently. I saw a few in Bradleys over the weekend. But, it's €6.50 a bottle.

Going to pay Cork's newest brew pub, Rising Sons, a visit tomorrow night. I'm really looking forward to trying their extended range now that they have their own place.

Off to Bristol then for the weekend and pay my first visit to a Brewdog bar. It's going to be a busy weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Any craft beer pubs in Ballina? I'm heading there for the weekend but don't see anything on BeoirFinder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Picked up evil twin's falco and beavertown gamma ray. Dunno anything about them so hopefully I'm in for a treat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Going to Madrid for a week for work. I will have a lot of free time on my hands so expect to continue my journey into Spanish craft beer in the scorching heat.

Ah I love Madrid...

Fabrica Maravillas, Madrid by phealy1982, on Flickr

14189587331_bfedb5811f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

beavertown gamma ray. Dunno anything about them so hopefully I'm in for a treat

Your in for a real treat with Gamma Ray.... Its a Lovely beer ....One of my favourites this year.... :)

symbolic wrote: »
    Ah I love Madrid...

Yep, Maravillas is pretty much at the top of my list. I've heard mixed reviews though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Yep, Maravillas is pretty much at the top of my list. I've heard mixed reviews though.

It won't be what brings me back to Madrid anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Punk IPA infused with pineapple

316695.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

How was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Was at Rising Sons opening tonight in Cork. The place is quite nice, if a bit "we've just opened" rough around the edges, but the beer is really good. Handsum ipa is gorgeous, and that Gráinne Ale is delicious in a summery like-Hoegarden-but-better sort of way. Definitely one to visit again this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I went to Ballina in April 2013, there wasn't a drop of craft anywhere to be found.

It may have changed since then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

irish_goat wrote: »
    How was it?
    With pineapple? Not to great if I'm honest it took the carbonation out of it completely and felt like I was drink a flat punk.

Tried with watermelon afterwards and it was much better, need to come up with other infusions.

Thinking a o'haras stout with some freshly ground coffee would be excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I had the wonderfully named Aroma Coma IPA from Drakes who are based in Oakland. As much as I thought it was a tasty beer, I was disappointed as it wasn't the hop onslaught I was expecting. Perhaps it was out of date.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3835/51728/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

need to come up with other infusions.

Banana purée in a Hefe is a German classic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Had a few bottles of Vic Secret last night, really lovely stuff, best black IPA I've had I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Heading to abbeyleix tonight, anywhere I should check out, I see morriseys pub has white gypsy red but not generally a fan of reds

• Registered Users Posts: 17,003 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Tried the Rising Sons IPA and Hemp Steeple last night.
    Both very good beers.
    Hemp Steeple is like a really good twist on an Irish Red.
    Great opening night.

Yes, the Vic Secret is an amazing BIPA - I liked their Zeus but this is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Anyone know if McHugh's do vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Not worth a thread of it's own so will throw it in here, franciscan well put this up on their facebook, pretty cool.

20yearsofIrishCraftBeerin20seconds_zps5eba4083.gif?t=1406912649

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Beavertown Gamma Ray is really nice. I was in a hurry placing an order on Drinkstore and for some reason I bought bottle and a can of each of their beers. :o
    Still though, it'll be nice to compare them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Looking at the map explains why I see a squirrel with 300 years experience "crafting" the perfect pint (Pale Ale) on television the whole time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Drinking these this evening:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Rogue Juniper Pale Ale quite nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

In Berlin right now, so mostly Rothaus Tannenzapfle pils. Sooo goood, and sooo cheap ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement