Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

matrim wrote: »
    I thought people would be interested in knowing about it

Oh, ok. Although it's been available ages though. I think I bought mine from them around Christmas 2011? It was only €50 too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Oh, ok. Although it's been available ages though. I think I bought mine from them around Christmas 2011? It was only €50 too!

I know they had it before but I thought it was always only a limited offer that came around every now and again

I looked a couple of months ago and it wasn't there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Did the smithwicks experience tour in Kilkenny with a few mates last week, great fun and gave me a greater appreciation for the red stuff, their long summer brew is lovely too. I know it's hardly new to people on here but really liking it.

Used to be lager drinker, moved to stout for years and now loving the ale!

matrim wrote: »
    I know they had it before but I thought it was always only a limited offer that came around every now and again

I looked a couple of months ago and it wasn't there
    It's the same batch. Drinkstore bought a sh1tload of them and have been storing, which probably explains the additional cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Recent visit to the states and the stone brewery.

6v74sN_thumb.jpg

Wish I had more diversity in the beers but I've had some bad times taking back beers in luggage so didn't go mad this time.

• Advertisement

6v74sN_thumb.jpg

Wish I had more diversity in the beers but I've had some bad times taking back beers in luggage so didn't go mad this time.

You sure it wasn't Australia? ;)

Ha knew that would have been picked up.

If you click it, it should right itself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

6v74sN_thumb.jpg

Ooh. Hop Stoopid!!
    Did you run into Sculpin in San Diego?

Ipso wrote: »
    Ooh. Hop Stoopid!!
    Did you run into Sculpin in San Diego?
    sculpin was everywhere, even in SF, Monterey, Santa Barbra and Vegas :pac:

was more in supply in SD though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I need to get me some Alba Abu Ale, day that's in it etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I need to get me some Alba Abu Ale, day that's in it etc

Yummy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Ryath wrote: »
    Just had a bottle of Full Sail very nice have you tried Bo Bristle IPA? One of the nicest IPA's I've tried.

Had a glass of it at the Craft Beer Festival it is fantastic one of my favourites from the night.

No, that's still on my list of new beers I have to catch up on. It'll be my next one I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Halfbaker

Do I see a "Chipotle Ale" there? Beer and chillies are two of my favourite things, but I'm not convinced that a smoky chilli flavour would be nice in a beer. What's it like?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I got a bottle of Bo Bristle in the local shop yesterday (still very impressed with how they've expanded the range in the off licence section!) and enjoyed it last night. I reckon it's the kind of beer I could drink for a night and not get bored of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Firestone Walkers Wookie Jack, a Black Rye IPA. Nicest beer I had in a long time, not overly hoppy and nice and smooth for its 8.3% abv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Halfbaker wrote: »
    Do I see a "Chipotle Ale" there? Beer and chillies are two of my favourite things, but I'm not convinced that a smoky chilli flavour would be nice in a beer. What's it like?

In York ATM for the beer fest and Il key brewery do a stout called the Mayan which is brewed with chipotle. Its amazing stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Ipso wrote: »
    Firestone Walkers Wookie Jack, a Black Rye IPA. Nicest beer I had in a long time, not overly hoppy and nice and smooth for its 8.3% abv.

You lucky devil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Tried the new galway bay holocene rye imperial red 7% and a very nice beer.

White hags white ipa - a very good ipa at 6.2% they got this one balanced right.

Macivors on tap is excellent also.

Had foam and fury followed by a torpedo, the torpedo after it felt very on dimensional and thats a compliment to f&f rather than being a slight against SN

Nearly forgot had SN Northern harvest 2014 as well. It really divided my opinion. The first few tastes i thought wow this is absolutely amazing but then as i had some more the sweetness became too much. Hop flavour was great though

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I took advantage of Tesco's offer on O'Hara's DIPA. I don't regret it. It's very drinkable, even if it's nowhere near the heights of its competition.

An File wrote: »
    I took advantage of Tesco's offer on O'Hara's DIPA. I don't regret it. It's very drinkable, even if it's nowhere near the heights of its competition.

I took advantage of the Dunnes offer on Kinsale KPA and their Black IPA! :)
    The KPA is going down beautifully. Much better than I remember it being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Herself spent the summer in California and today I got a text to say bring over some nice beer! :D
    although she did say bring a 6 pack and once it was cold she didn't mind. However 6 packs are boring and cold beer hides bad beer (as in beer stored in the fridge)
    So the selection for the evening...

All got in my local supervalu as well. I was surprised to see some of the beers they had in stock, the likes of thornbridge Jaipur and flying dog doggie style

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

So Hoptimum is back. I'll be leaving it last tonight, cause it'll hop burn all other flavours that come after.

Hope its as enjoyable as I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Babysitting tonight, so an O'Hara's PA and a LF too, spread out over the evening.

Calpol for the baby to keep him asleep :D

Babysitting tonight, so an O'Hara's PA and a LF too, spread out over the evening.

Calpol for the baby to keep him asleep :D

You don't babysit your own children, you just don't go out! ;)

Black's Of Kinsale Black IPA vs 8 Degrees Vic Secret Black IPA?

I'm with Black's on this. Price wise its better, but outside of that, I think it just prefer it all round.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Black's Of Kinsale Black IPA vs 8 Degrees Vic Secret Black IPA?

I'm with Black's on this. Price wise its better, but outside of that, I think it just prefer it all round.

I'm having a bottle of it know (Kinsale that is), and I'm not getting much flavour from it. The 2 bottles if their KPA beforehand might have ruined it for me

Not hugely pushed on their Pale Ale, I like it, but I'd always choose others before it.

I just think that they've nailed the Black IPA. I've only ever had about 4 different BIPAs but the roastyness is just lovely in Black's.

I took advantage of the Dunnes offer on Kinsale KPA and their Black IPA! :)
    The KPA is going down beautifully. Much better than I remember it being.

I did the same last weekend. The black IPA is excellent. :)

In fairness, the Black IPA is getting better and better as I get through it. :)

• Advertisement

In fairness, the Black IPA is getting better and better as I get through it. :)

It's a great beer to transition from a porter to an IPA for me. Not needed, but I like doing it :)

Hoptimus 2014 is great. Made the GF try a sip. Just to see the face. Classic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement