Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

An File wrote: »
    Lads. Kinegar's Yannaroddy is unbelievable porter. Lovely stuff.

I had on in their tap house and thought it was gorgeous too. They had a matching icecream there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Super Bock overload! Nice for what it is I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Weird Beard, Five o'clock Shadow. Nice enough IPA. Gloopy like a lot of beers that I think might use glucose fructose syrup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

went to see James Taylor tonight in the point, so dropped in for a couple of Buried At Sea in the Brew Dock, the mrs was on Hooker.

Wife likes to drink craft beer, but absolutely will not drink anything with very strong flavours, so IPAs and most craft stouts are just out for her, was a hard decision in the pub tonight.

She likes Metalman, Trouble Or/Deception and Hooker, but there's not much else available to someone who wants to drink craft beer but wants something "toned down". Maybe Limeburner too.

The Porterhouse do a "Dublin Pale Ale" which is only 4.2%, not overly hopped. It's very drinkable. (I too was in the Brew Dock before the concert, quaffing an OFAF :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Grayditch wrote: »
    Weird Beard, Five o'clock Shadow. Nice enough IPA. Gloopy like a lot of beers that I think might use glucose fructose syrup.

What makes you think that?

• Advertisement

I'm getting this taste off certain beers, Goose Island IPA and Widmer Bros, too. I could be very wrong, it's just this particular taste and I'm wondering is is anything to do with GFS, as I seems to get it from really sweet beers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

GFS is close to 100% fermentable. It's the last thing you'd use if you wanted to leave sweetness behind in a beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Grayditch wrote: »

Try their Little Things That Kill session ale if you get a chance. Only 3% abv but you really don't notice. Has as much hop aroma and flavour as some the best IPAs I've tried, really delicious.

Had a bottle of Super Bock Stout earlier. Surprisingly it was really nice, and it was only 0.73c!! :)

Probably not the weather to be drinking stout but it makes a nice change from all the (nice) wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I had Stone's Xocoveza Mocha Stout, I haven't been impressed by their Ale range but I liked this. A lot of flavours (coffee, chocolate, spice, vanilla) going on and maybe a bit rich, but at 8% you wouldn't be having many.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Ipso wrote: »
    I had Stone's Xocoveza Mocha Stout, I haven't been impressed by their Ale range but I liked this. A lot of flavours (coffee, chocolate, spice, vanilla) going on and maybe a bit rich, but at 8% you wouldn't be having many.

Had it on their brewery tour. Thought very much the same. Nice but you'd want to be sharing the bottle it comes in :)

Try their Little Things That Kill session ale if you get a chance. Only 3% abv but you really don't notice. Has as much hop aroma and flavour as some the best IPAs I've tried, really delicious.

The % put me off initially and I wasn't sure it'd be as strong as it suggested, but I'll definitely give it a go.

White Hag Black Boar is pouring in Blackbird if anyone hasnt tried it and wants to. Why its in that bleedin disco bar and not ATG or The Headline is beyond me

drumswan wrote: »
    White Hag Black Boar is pouring in Blackbird if anyone hasnt tried it and wants to. Why its in that bleedin disco bar and not ATG or The Headline is beyond me

Christ its amazing, drinking one now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Christ its amazing, drinking one now

It was the highlight of the festival. Amazing imperial stout. Hope to sneak down to rathmines tomorrow for one.

Tonight perlenbacher festbier.. For 1.50 it's enjoyable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

Trouble Brewing's Chase The Dragon & Anchor Steam IPA, both superb offerings IMHO

It was the highlight of the festival. Amazing imperial stout. Hope to sneak down to rathmines tomorrow for one.

Tonight perlenbacher festbier.. For 1.50 it's enjoyable

Whered you pick the Perlenbacher up? Lidl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

I do believe it's available in cans from Lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Yup, should be available in most of them. I got it in the Grande Road branch. Mountains of it left.

Enjoying some Founders All Day IPA, a nice drink to go with brewing some APA/IPA..

DLMA23 wrote: »
    Trouble Brewing's Chase The Dragon & Anchor Steam IPA, both superb offerings IMHO

Are you not describing 2 separate beers there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

BD has Dragon, which is where I'm heading to now so going to sample that

Heh. Walked in and the barman just pointed to the cask Stone Barrel IPA.

Having that so.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

That's what I love about the brew dock, sometimes I go in and I don't even have to make a decision they know what I have and haven't tried.

It's like a local but in town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Spaten Oktoberfestbier tonight. Always happy to grab as many as I can this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Few Schoferhoffers from Aldi. Great beer for a great price. The thread on Weissbier gave me a thirst for them

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

evil twin's farmhouse ale, don't know why I bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

jsa112 wrote: »
    evil twin's farmhouse ale, don't know why I bothered

Ryan and the Beaster Bunny? I loved it!

Had it last night and got more today.

Great beer imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

DLMA23 wrote: »
    Not a beer but I tried Woodchuck Granny Smith hard cider at the weekend & found it very refreshing.

http://www.woodchuck.com/

Apparently bought by C&C 2 years ago & available in Tesco's, knocks spots of most of the ciders I've tasted including David Llewllyn's offerings IMHO
    On the back it says "Imported in the UK and ROI WM Magners"

Got it in my local Carry Out, in Celbridge. Although it's on the shelf, it's also in the big fridge, so there's always a few cold ones ready to be taken :)

Green label; Granny Smith flavour, and nice.
    Orange label; Stronger apple taste, also very nice.
    Red label; didn't like this one. Sort of a syrup taste to it? Only drank half the bottle.

Really enjoying the green and orange label ones, and actually have a green label one looking at me right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭dasdog

Picked up in a shop run by a German in the northern suburbs of Madrid.

15rd0mu.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement