Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knockcree Carrickmines

Options
  • 14-01-2014 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Hi, anyone any thoughts on the new homes in Knockcree Carrickmines?

Half a mill for a family home so far out of town seems quite a lot?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

During the boom Carrickmines produced the first 1 million pound house in Dublin, estate on left as you go to Cabinteely from Glenamuck road junction. Why not compare ?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

Thanks. Is that the estate right beside the tennis club?

One crazy valuation during the boom not a good benchmark for me. Hope/think we never get back to those days!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Seems quite expensive in comparison to the houses with better facilities closer to Cabinteely.

Thanks for your reply. Do you know of any particular area in Cabinteely I could check out or compare to?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

morrga wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. Do you know of any particular area in Cabinteely I could check out or compare to?

Pretty much anything over the m50, the closer to the n11 the more access to shops and public transport. Its one of the rare areas in Dublin that doesn't have a obvious bad estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Jolisa94

These are great looking houses, but IMO they are too close together and have very limited outdoor space vs their size.

Location not great either, they are on a part of the the old Glennamuck Rd that was closed off after the M50 was opened - not really walking distance to the luas and not much of a bus service either. Also, there are at least another 4 houses on that road which have been abandoned and are in varying states of decay, expect they will be knocked down and the land built on sooner or later, but not a pretty sight in the meantime.

There are plenty of options around Cabinteely, but better location = higher prices.

You would need to spend more, at least 600/700 to find houses of the same type as Knockree in the older parts of Cabinteely.

St Gabriel's - these houses are of a similar style, red-brick, and would be a better alternative, IMO.

Shrewsbury Lawn is also nice, mostly large bungalows dating from the 60's.

The Park - a good location and the bungalows (near the old bray road) are quite spacious and have decent sized gardens.

To spend less, you might consider:

Johnstown / Granville Rd - the area between Cabinteely and Rochestown Ave. -there is a mix if solid semis and bungalows which are more competitively priced then the previous two areas and some of them have been nicely refurbished.

Good luck in your search!

Thanks Jolisa94 for your great reply. Much appreciated. Will certainly keep an eye on those areas. I thought myself the luas was only a 10 minute walk from Knockcree. It is a little isolated though I agree.

Might be wrong on how long it takes to get to the luas stops, but my first thought when we saw the place was that its not a very pedestrian-friendly area with the dual carriageway, roundabouts, slip roads for the M50 and not a traffic light in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Busybee321

Just starting property search and noticed these houses today are there some still available seems very small estate. Drove by it today agree not very pedestrian friendly but look nice

The first phase is all sold, but they are building more, not sure when they will be released, SherryFitz are the agent.

We looked at these a few months ago, but decided that, although they were a great house for the price, we didn't like the location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Built by Next Gen homes, who are doing Belmont, in case you didn't know

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Orlavid

I have lived in Sandyford and Carrickmines location for over 25 years and worked in cabinteely for half of that. It's an area I recommend to anyone, everything is on the Luas line, everything is on the M50, you're in dundrum in 15 minutes and have a host of parks on offer. I also do a lot of cycling and running and if you head away from town direction its like you're in the country. With regard to the comment on price and being so far out - try rathmichael which is further out and it's at least three times the price. In the end the value / price point is determined by the house itself and how much potential you see in the area, I don't think cabinteely is more expensive than Carrickmines, it's either the same or less and I personally prefer being closer to the Luas and M50. The retail park has also been a boon in recent times with lots of shops and restaurants.

Advertisement