Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Varying Speeds, horrible latency...

Options
  • 14-01-2014 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭

The title pretty much says it.  Over the last month or longer the latency has started to become worse while joining gaming servers in the UK and mainland Europe.  I found it somewhat bareable but today/tonight it's got extremely poorly with the Eircom infrastructure with varying speeds on various servers in Ireland, UK and mainland Europe.

So is there any chance you can give us some sort of "good news" before closing shop tomorrow?

Will it be the same when we want to Skype our loved ones on the other side of the world?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

Welcome to the club.

These 2 routers are f*cked up the most
    tenge-1-2-1.pe1.thn.the-thn.eircom.net [86.43.253.82]
    ge7-1-0.corea.thn.london.eircom.net [86.43.244.194]

you can see it in your trace route. I have same problem, they know it, I pointed out what the problem is, but they don't want to fix it.
    they clearly own the router/exchange whatever it is that we route trough as it's represented as "eircom.net" but they don't want to expand it, thus it's experiencing overload at peak hours and thus the high latency.

I'm fighting with this for 6 months, not solved, never will.. I gave up, looking for other provider that "guarantee ping" as they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Guys,

Please refer to this link for further information on these issues : http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/Recent-service-issues/td-p/56284

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Hi Guys,

Please refer to this link for further information on these issues : http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/Recent-service-issues/td-p/56284

Thanks

Al
    It's been a week and it's still happening.  Any update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Hi red_bairn,

Have a look here

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/High-Ping-in-the-evenings/td-p/55110

In the same boat as yourself

Their entire network has problems but they refuse to acknowledge them

The cable break seemed to fix some problems for efiber customers, on NGB here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭giggsy07

nuxxx wrote: »
    Hi red_bairn,

Have a look here

Sick of it lads the last month im the same.Efibre installed and 1.5 mb speeds on a 20mb package.Peak times its gone.Getting a new provider tomorrow eircom are a joke.Even on that community thread theres no help or advice from eircom.Absolute joke.3254033297.png

• Advertisement

Hi red_bairn,

Have a look here

The problem continues and we have been on NGB for more than a decade.  I want to hear from their Seniors. It's total bull.

Agree sadly, they must have the worst network infrastructure in all of Europe, whether you're on ADSL, ADSL2+ or Fiber. The only people you can speak to on the phone are clowns without any real technical know how,  who stick to a script. The people on the forums just tell you to ring technical support. Its a massive farce.

I only bothered ring them twice in the last week and the first lad didn't know what ping times were and second didn't know what fastpath was.

Clowns, Ted.

Agree sadly, they must have the worst network infrastructure in all of Europe, whether you're on ADSL, ADSL2+ or Fiber. The only people you can speak to on the phone are clowns without any real technical know how,  who stick to a script. The people on the forums just tell you to ring technical support. Its a massive farce.

I only bothered ring them twice in the last week and the first lad didn't know what ping times were and second didn't know what fastpath was.

Clowns, Ted.
    I just had 1 hang up during a few questions.Tech??:)

red_bairn wrote: »
    Hi red_bairn,

Have a look here

The problem continues and we have been on NGB for more than a decade.  I want to hear from their Seniors. It's total bull
    Look at their website

"We have great uncongested broadband with speeds up to 24Mb"

Surely can't be legal.

Hi red_bairn,

Have a look here

The problem continues and we have been on NGB for more than a decade.  I want to hear from their Seniors. It's total bull
    Look at their website

Surely can't be legal.
    Wouldnt waste time thinking legal mate its a whole other side to the problem.Get a new isp.

• Advertisement

giggsy07 wrote: »
    Hi red_bairn,

Have a look here

Look at their website

Surely can't be legal.
    Wouldnt waste time thinking legal mate its a whole other side to the problem.Get a new isp.
    Didn't suggest that, just pointing it out as false advertising.

No other ISP available here unless I want to go down the Wireless route

Hi red_bairn,

Have a look here

Look at their website

Surely can't be legal.

Is wireless any better?Seen one guy on saying his neighbour getting constant 10mb speeds all day/evening and pings of 18ms wireless.

Hi red_bairn,

Have a look here

Look at their website

Surely can't be legal.

Is wireless any better?Seen one guy on saying his neighbour getting constant 10mb speeds all day/evening and pings of 18ms wireless.
    Digiweb Metro is a great service, I'm sure other wireless providers are too, but considering you're on efiber I'd give them a chance to try and fix it first. If you stuck on DSL like me I'd definitely jump ship

Hi red_bairn,

Have a look here

Look at their website

Surely can't be legal.

Digiweb Metro is a great service, I'm sure other wireless providers are too, but considering you're on efiber I'd give them a chance to try and fix it first. If you stuck on DSL like me I'd definitely jump ship
    On efibre here and the problem got worse.DSL i was hitting constant 10mb all day/evening then was convinced to sign up to efibre and thats when it started.Bad form.Wish upc were in Kildare town:(

Hi red_bairn,

Have a look here

Look at their website

Surely can't be legal.

On efibre here and the problem got worse.DSL i was hitting constant 10mb all day/evening then was convinced to sign up to efibre and thats when it started.Bad form.Wish upc were in Kildare town:(
    UPC is available on the south side of our town where a "new" development went up a good few years ago (during the boom), but their infrastructure for tv and broadband isn't around the town.  If it was, I'd have had the auld man jump ship a long time ago.

That 'response rate' for Eircom is getting worse over the last few weeks. :)

Hi red_bairn,

Have a look here

Look at their website

Surely can't be legal.

UPC is available on the south side of our town where a "new" development went up a good few years ago (during the boom), but their infrastructure for tv and broadband isn't around the town.  If it was, I'd have had the auld man jump ship a long time ago.

That 'response rate' for Eircom is getting worse over the last few weeks. :)
    Just seen as pointed out from another user on my thread that if we run a speed test and use any server bar an irish 1 speeds are normal.Use the Dublin server again and back to 1.5mb.

Must be getting fed up of copying and pasting "Ring broadband support"

Must be getting fed up of copying and pasting "Ring broadband support"
    True.It could develop into an eircom slogan:)Back of the jacket as the rep walks away from your front door after signing you up"RING TECHNICAL SUPPORT":)

The fianna fail of ISP's :)

The fianna fail of ISP's :)
    Ha:)

• Advertisement

Hi red_bairn,

Have a look here

Look at their website

Surely can't be legal.

I read T&C's, it's actually uncontended which only promises to give you no congestion on the first hop of traceroute. :D joke

Hi red_bairn,

Have a look here

Look at their website

Surely can't be legal.

I read T&C's, it's actually uncontended which only promises to give you no congestion on the first hop of traceroute. :D joke

thret wrote: »

Looking forward to ringing these jokers this morning and hearing another excuse.Im going to send that eircom forum link onto comreg this morning to verify there are many with the same problem.

Advertisement