Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in the Citywest area

Options
  • 14-01-2014 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm a student in Limerick IT, and I've got a 6 month internship in SAP, Citywest coming up in March. It's getting closer and closer, so I'm starting to look for accommodation. I'm hoping to stay in the Saggart/Citywest area, to give me a short walk/cycle to work. Nightlife is the biggest problem in the area I understand, in that there is none. This isn't a big worry at all, I'll be driving back down to Limerick for the weekends. Really all I'm looking for is a room in a house or apartment in a relatively quiet area, still within the remits of a walk to Citywest campus.

Daft.ie and rent.ie show ~8 such rooms for rent, which I found surprising. Is there really such a poor selection in the area? Are there are any local newspapers or publications that might have more listings? Ideally I'd like to have a small selection of places lined up that I can drive up and check out on the one day, rather than make many trips. I know in my area, there's a free newspaper and a notice board in the shopping centre that have many many times the listings shown online. I'd appreciate some advice from anybody in the area, who would know far better than me! Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

There is an advertisement board in Rathcoole just at the corner shop called Paddy Byrnes' here:
    https://www.google.ie/maps?q=53.281379,-6.471479&num=1&t=h&z=20

There's also one (or at least was) in Centra in Rathcoole too. I've seen such ads up there before but haven't been down there in a while.

It would have ads from people around the Citywest/Saggart/Brittas area so it's worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

For Citywest I would recommend checking out Kiltipper also, its a nice area and only a very short drive from Citywest. Much nearer to the Square and all the amenities!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Kingswood/Brownsbarn are at the rear of Citywest. Both estates are lovely and quiet.
    It would take about 10 to 15 minutes to walk to SAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

sinead81 wrote: »
    For Citywest I would recommend checking out Kiltipper also, its a nice area and only a very short drive from Citywest. Much nearer to the Square and all the amenities!
    Slaygal wrote: »
    Kingswood/Brownsbarn are at the rear of Citywest. Both estates are lovely and quiet.
    It would take about 10 to 15 minutes to walk to SAP.

Thanks guys, I've expanded the search! Straight away there's far more places available than looking at Citywest/Saggart alone.

Advertisement