Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's going to win the league?

• 14-01-2014 1:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭

Well gentleman and ladies just past half way through the season now. So whose going to win the League? We've got Arsenal who are playing great football getting the results. City who are scoring for fun in every game. Chelsea who are grinding out the results and also Liverpool/Everton who are keeping up there. I said before the league started I thought Chelsea would win it. But half way through I reckon City will win it. So, thoughts?

Who'll win the league? 338 votes

Chelsea
    0%
    Man City
    14%
    PiENeVeRDempseyChongjesus_thats_grelordgoatBloodBathevad_lhorgPOKERKINGNukaColaironictoasterpaulieeyeROCKMANKingdomYidShoulderChipGonzovisionPanthroInvinciblerob316Lukker- 49 votes
    Arsenal
    57%
    Thanx 4 The FishDont be at yourselfsuper_furrydougalmachiavellianmeCorben DallasjankBacchusSuprSiefbmobbyIagokeano_afcCollibosherSooner or LaterUnearthlymayordenisjoe123HolstenDoctorEdgeWild 194 votes
    Liverpool
    12%
    gandalfShaque attackDiddy KongCatInABoxNailzRikandCosmo Kenfant terribleflaziorossie1977premierstonerobby^5Corcs001WoollyRedHatkeane2097Green HornetDeeper BlueDolph StarbeamclouterGodge 41 votes
    Everton
    13%
    spocketythewingzAbbogimmickBernsnorrie ruggerxabilpool2k05Lister1Jesus WeptdmigsymagentisSideshow MarkGreen GiantUlysses GazeBenEadirjenno86GelioacalmenvoyDiggy78 47 votes
    Spurs
    1%
    elefantLaois_ManD.QNuri SahinAgileMythSanity_Saviour 6 votes
    Man United
    0%
    Washington Irving 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Well gentleman

I'm a lady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Arsenal
    Well gentleman, just past half way through the season now. So whose going to win the League? We've got Arsenal who are playing great football getting the results. City who are scoring for fun in every game. Chelsea who are grinding out the results and also Liverpool/Everton who are keeping up there. I said before the league started I thought Chelsea would win it. But half way through I reckon City will win it. So, thoughts?

Mars Bar is fetching her ban hammer as we speak :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Arsenal
    Real answer - Man City of course
    For ****s and giggles - Everton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Arsenal
    I thought Chelsea at the start too but now I'll go
    City
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    United
    Liverpool
    Spurs
    Everton

Arsenal
    I thought Chelsea at the start too but now I'll go
    City
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    United
    Liverpool
    Spurs
    Everton

Eh, have you not heard? Its our year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

United :D

Seriously though, can't see past City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Arsenal
    1st place will be Citeh.
    Followed by Chelski.

With 37 points, Utd are almost certain of avoiding relegation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Arsenal
    City
    Chels
    Pool
    Arsenal
    Utd
    Spurs
    Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Arsenal
    Needs poll.

1st place will be Citeh.
    Followed by Chelski.

With 37 points, Utd are almost certain of avoiding relegation.

There is a poll?:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Arsenal
    There is a poll?:/

Yeah... Didn't appear when I first clicked in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I'd say LTFC will... although a bit early to tell yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Man City
    I said Chelsea at the start of the season and I'm going to stick with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Man City
    Who voted united or liverpool seriously like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Arsenal
    rob316 wrote: »

In fairness, Liverpool have the easiest fixtures out of all the remaining teams. I don't think they'll do it, but still, possibility with there fixture list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Arsenal
    City should win, but obviously the best team doesn't always win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If City keep everyone fit they'll stroll it, injuries to their core players could see them missing out and finishing 3rd or 2nd.

Not convinced Arsenal can go the distance, Chelsea won't do it with the strikers they have.

All other teams battling for 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

kryogen wrote: »
    Real answer - Man City of course
    For ****s and giggles - Everton

if Everton spent a fraction of what City or Chelsea had, it would hardly be so hilarious , but still its no more hilarious than United (who take our best and are still no better , no in fact, ther worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Arsenal
    I think City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Spurs
    I'd say LTFC will... although a bit early to tell yet!
    They'd have to be heavy favourites alright. Think the OP was referring to the Premier though so I'll say Pats. Dependant on Fahey's fitness and which Quigley shows up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Arsenal
    Man City.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Everton
    Liverpool

Arsenal
    City should.

If they don't Everton could pounce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Fans who live in hope. Hardly outrageous...like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

If chelsea sign a good striker I think they will win it so it will probably be city this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Arsenal
    Cant look past City, theyve had a poor enough away record but an excellent home record and now they're turning around the away record around.

The chasing pack is hard enough to predict, orders wise, but I'll say it'll be Chelsea, Liverpool & Arsenal, no praticular order.

Arsenal
    Liverpool currently second favourites according to the poll.

Its no wonder there's never any value in the Liverpool betting market. Well, aside for the opposition that is :pac:

My money is on City.

If Liverpool manage to get Top 4, I'll be delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

City.

Too much depth and a manager that knows what he's doing.

Arsenal are too shallow squad wise and the wheels will come off during that ridiculous March run I fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Arsenal
    City to win it. Chelsea SEcond, Arsenal third.

Fourth is getting too difficult to predict imo.

Although I reckon Pools lack of European games will be a big plus for them come Feb/March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Hopefully arsenal but more likely city.

Probably go

City
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Man united
    Liverpool
    Spurs
    Everton

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Arsenal
    I reckon:

City
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    United
    Everton
    Spurs

Put Chelsea above Arsenal if they buy a good striker this month

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I reckon a thread on who'll get 4th place would be more interesting... :)

It's hard to look past City at the moment, they seem to have gotten over their early hiccups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Everton
    Liverpool.

Arsenal
    At the start of the season I was sure Chelsea would win it easily with Mourinho back at the helm. However they've been inconsistent and are leaking goals in area's that Mourinho teams are normally very strong. Plus they don't have a striker that is banging in the goals for them.

City look unplayable at their best and their squad has more depth then anyone else so I think they will win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Arsenal
    At the start of the season I was sure Chelsea would win it easily with Mourinho back at the helm. However they've been inconsistent and are leaking goals in area's that Mourinho teams are normally very strong. .

Chelsea now have 4 cleansheets in the last 6 EPL games. They've looked a lot tighter lately. Fixtures haven't been that hard but they were still games they looked like conceding in earlier in the season. It was expected that they'd probably eventually sort that out. Just like City were expected to sort out their away form. Both look like they have taken steps towards it. Hard to pick between the two. I'd say City based on how they can easily take advantage of the chances they take. Chelsea need a prolific striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Arsenal

Click on the number of votes received and you can see who voted for who

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Liverpool
    I voted Arsenal, but was in one of my more optimistic moments. We need the wheels not to come off, and by that, I mean we need to beat City and Utd at ours and drop as few points as we can at Chelsea, Pool and Everton. If we could get 9/10 points from those 5 games including a victory over City we will be favourites, but that is an awful lot to ask.

We seem to be able to consistently beat the poorer sides home and away, which is essential, and I'm relying on this trend not to end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Man City
    If Chelsea sign a proper goalscorer, they will walk it. If not, Man City win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Arsenal
    If arsenal sign another striker who could get 7-8 goals they'd have a great chance, how they are where they are with only one striker really is fantastic. Chelsea look like they are becoming a very solid team now and city are brilliant with some injured players to return. Would probably go with city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Everton
    Ah lads, its Liverpool all the way like. We have all our rivals to play at home and all our away fixtures are against the teams below us.
    Sturridge is back and Suarez is on track to score like 40 goals.
    Arsenal are too weak at the back, Chelsea have no forwards and City are too weak away form home.
    Liverpool also top at Christmas and that almost guarantees we will top the league.
    As knex said its our year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Liverpool
    I voted with my heart for Arsenal but in reality if I was honest it is Citys to lose. At their best they are unstoppable but they do have a suspect defence. However in most games they will just outscore the opposition.

If Chelsea invest in a top striker they will be back in the mix but I don't think thats going to happen. If Arsenal spend money on a good striker I think we have a very good chance to win as well. Also bear in mind that we are winning games that in the past we would have drawn or lost, Cardiff, Newcastle and Villa last night being prime examples.

The race for fourth place is fascinating as well. It's a great league this year from a competition point of view. Just hope it doesn't come down to goal difference :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Arsenal
    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Ah lads, its Liverpool all the way like. We have all our rivals to play at home and all our away fixtures are against the teams below us.
    Sturridge is back and Suarez is on track to score like 40 goals.
    Arsenal are too weak at the back, Chelsea have no forwards and City are too weak away form home.
    Liverpool also top at Christmas and that almost guarantees we will top the league.

The commentator said last night Arsenal have the best defense in the league and the most clean sheets! Must be doing something right! City for me to win the league (and I'm an Arsenal fan) followed by either Arsenal or Chelsea with Liverpool fourth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

DenMan wrote: »
    The commentator said last night Arsenal have the best defense in the league and the most clean sheets! Must be doing something right! City for me to win the league (and I'm an Arsenal fan) followed by either Arsenal or Chelsea with Liverpool fourth!

I'm pretty sure he's taking the piss with that post :pac:

Arsenal
    We wont be signing a CF in January anyway, so it'll be Eto'o, Ba and Torres until next year, which is why I think its City, then Arsenal and ourselves for the league, although its never that simple in the EPL so ask again at the end of Feb/Start of March and it could be a different outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Arsenal
    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Sturridge is back and Suarez is on track to score 40 goals.
    Ha, Liverpool would have a much better chance of winning the league if they had Arsenal's defence.

Arsenal
    greendom wrote: »
    Ha, Liverpool would have a much better chance of winning the league if they had Arsenal's defence.

Or Everton or Chelseas backline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Arsenal
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Or Everton or Chelseas backline.

Absolutely I was just referring to his claim that Arsenal were weak defensively.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Liverpool
    there is a certain vote(er) in for Liverpool that has me like this....

239473_o.gif%3Fw%3D710

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Everton
    Just had a look at the fixture list and saw that Arsenal have a very tough month in March. Stoke Away, Spurs and Chelsea away and then City at home and they start April away to Everton! There could be alot of points dropped in those fixtures! Their remaining fixtures after that are all pretty decent but the damage could be already done by then.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Liverpool
    tony1980 wrote: »
    Just had a look at the fixture list and saw that Arsenal have a very tough month in March. Stoke Away, Spurs and Chelsea away and then City at home and they start April away to Everton! There could be alot of points dropped in those fixtures! Their remaining fixtures after that are all pretty decent but the damage could be already done by then.

Have a look at Feb/Mar... :eek:

Liverpool (A)
    Man Utd (H)
    fa cup 5th round game (good chance will be moved)
    Bayern (H)
    Sunder (H)
    Stoke (A)
    Swansea (A)
    Q.F Fa if they win 5th round
    Bayern (A)
    Spurs (A)
    Chelsea (A)
    City (H)
    Everton (A) April 5th

Still think that if they beat City and Chelsea they will be out of sight enough to take the title.

Arsenal
    tony1980 wrote: »

Chelseas toughest fixtures, on paper, are Utd (H) this weekend, City (A) Feb 3rd, Spurs (H) 8th March, Arsenal (H) 22nd March, Liverpool (A) 26th April.

• Advertisement
Advertisement