Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2013 - 2014 AFC & NFC Conference Championships Games

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Yes the Pats have suffered injuries - but the reality is that the Broncos are just a better team.

The only way to judge that would be to take away 5 of Peyton's top 6 receiving targets for 2013 and let him start next season without them, the way Tom had to this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭me89

please miss

Edit: nice kick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Manning over threw him thankfully

54 yards at Mile High is handy enough in fairness, did 64 not so long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    But the Pats are much better and injuries have beaten them.
    Where had that been written?
    No need to start making stuff up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

The only way to judge that would be to take away 5 of Peyton's top 6 receiving targets for 2013 and let him start next season without them, the way Tom had to this year.
    But who was responsible for that - injuries - no - BB puts the roster together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

you would think denver would try slowing the game down instead of looking for big plays like they did in the first half that drive there only took over 2 minuets off the clock, in the first half they were taking 5 ,6, minuets at a time off the clock

Grand lads. This Denver side has broken record after record over the past 2 years, and have one of the greatest QB's of all time and a good defense. But the Pats are much better and injuries have beaten them. The same Pats side that had a good run with injuries in other years and fell short. Right

Its not necessary for you to understand something for it to be a true, leaving your hyperbole aside of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Grand lads. This Denver side has broken record after record over the past 2 years, and have one of the greatest QB's of all time and a good defense. But the Pats are much better and injuries have beaten them. The same Pats side that had a good run with injuries in other years and fell short. Right

The Pats have never gone a season under Bill B and Tom Brady losing this many key players.

kryogen wrote: »
    That stat tells a big part of the story

Manning has been pressured once.

Sacked 0 Hurried 1 Hit 0

That's what I was saying in the team thread during the week. Manning 18 sacks - Brady 40 sacks. The O line sets the offense, whether it be run or pass. You've heard me give out about ours all season it has been so poor at times.

not really i think with two fully healthy teams the broncos win regardless but comments like this:
    Injuries have an effect alright but you could put Gronk, Hernandez, Talib and an 07 Randy Moss out there and the Broncos would still likely be winning. Theyve been consistently the best team in the AFC by a mile for the past 2 years, and this is simply them hitting their peak

are ridiculous

• Advertisement

That's what I was saying in the team thread during the week. Manning 18 sacks - Brady 40 sacks. The O line sets the offense, whether it be run or pass. You've heard me give out about ours all season it has been so poor at times.

As I said earlier, the O Line has been the same as they have been most of the year unfortunately

Brady has been under pressure all day today

TO. wrote: »
    The Pats have never gone a season under Bill B and Tom Brady losing this many key players.

then they have been lucky there are other teams have had several seasons like this

its a factor and iv said above that the pats have been hard done by this year definitely but they could have done better by brady in the offseason
    Easier said than done.
    Having Hernandez/Gronk out there with rookie WRs was prob the plan, but that didn't work out.
    So getting go the AFC game was an excellent run.

I picked the Broncos in this game due to the loses on both sides of the ball for the Pats. I just felt it was a game too far against one of the best teams in the NFL.

You and this roster b0llocks again. Bill can see into the future in fact come the draft back in April he gave evidence to the cops for Hernandez he also told us all Gronk would go down with a dodgy knee and also knew wilfork and mayo would go out he also knew talib would be a crock. Yup he can see into the future when planning his roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Never admit you're just being beaten clean - it's the patriot way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

not really i think with two fully healthy teams the broncos win regardless but comments like this:

are ridiculous

Why? This is statistically the greatest offense of all time, with a good D. Why would the Pats full offense from last year, coupled with Moss, be any better than that? Im not a Denver fan at all but I dont think the Denver offense is getting anywhere near enough credit for the phenomenal stuff theyve done for the past 2 years

Wrong..

Gronk was injured.

Hernandez is on remand.

Woodhead went for the bigger money.

Lloyd was a nut job that nobody wanted back in the dressing room.

Welker wanted the money up front deal, rather than take the better incentive laden deal.

Ya, clearly all Bills fault.

dub_skav wrote: »
    We're been clean beaten.
    Can you put the dummy back in now?

Lies make baby jesus cry

No we are being beaten clean and being outclassed but hey you troll and make it out our injury talk is saying that is the reason we are losing. Its not helping our cause is the issue

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

A Pats win from here would make this thread epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭me89

Pure speed

Injury talk is all there's been last few pages, no constructive ideas, just complaining

yeah but there was 1 call in the first 1/4 that cost the pats a 1st down,............thats goning to be talked about for months , if the ref's dont get it the governor of Massachusetts gets it for not releasing aarron hernandez on temporary release for the game :eek:

Why? This is statistically the greatest offense of all time, with a good D. Why would the Pats full offense from last year, coupled with Moss, be any better than that? Im not a Denver fan at all but I dont think the Denver offense is getting anywhere near enough credit for the phenomenal stuff theyve done for the past 2 years

Are you new to the sport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Hey, it's all irrelevant, because if it weren't for injuries, Indy would be playing (and beating) Denver right now. ;)

Easier said than done.
    Having Hernandez/Gronk out there with rookie WRs was prob the plan, but that didn't work out.
    So getting go the AFC game was an excellent run.

I picked the Broncos in this game due to the loses on both sides of the ball for the Pats. I just felt it was a game too far against one of the best teams in the NFL.

but ye had one piece of real bad luck on offense with hernandez. gronk and amendola get injured so your relatively safe bet offense was hernandez and later round rookies. with brady getting on he needs help.

i understand that its easier said than done but for example ye traded away the pick that was used on cordarell patterson he would be huge in this offense

yeah but there was 1 call in the first 1/4 that cost the pats a 1st down,............thats goning to be talked about for months , if the ref's dont get it the governor of Massachusetts gets it for not releasing aarron hernandez on temporary release for the game :eek:

More b0llocks but hey good man for trying

Injury talk is all there's been last few pages, no constructive ideas, just complaining
    Funny, cause you're complaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Terrible call to run that 2 point conversion attempt.

How easily they move the ball is sad. So poor on the D

Funny, cause you're complaining.

Yes i am, but it's not funny

kryogen wrote: »
    Are you new to the sport?

Reasonably. Have watched it for 6 years and my work is somewhat related to the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Congrats Denver - Best AFC team this year to represent the conference.

Quite happy that BB and the Patriots won't be using the Jets practice facility for the week leading up the big one also.

did you watch moss and brady in 07?

• Advertisement

Yes i am, but it's not funny
    Is it, cause you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭osl

Classic Manning performance, credit where it's due

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭polaris68

Champ Bailey looks delighted to be Superbowl bound.

TO. wrote: »
    More b0llocks but hey good man for trying

relax it was a joke but i am starting to understand where the pats fans = sore loser's jibe is coming from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Wrong..

Gronk was injured.

Hernandez is on remand.

Woodhead went for the bigger money.

Lloyd was a nut job that nobody wanted back in the dressing room.

Welker wanted the money up front deal, rather than take the better incentive laden deal.

The HC is responsible for building the roster - if he loses WRs (or any other player) then he must replace them. The buck stops with him (and he wouldn't have it any other way).

• Advertisement

Congrats to Denver for schooling us. Good luck in the bowl. I would actually like to see Manning win another bowl for whats its worth if Brady can't, even if it means Denver do it. Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Wrong..

Gronk was injured. - Not Bill's fault

Hernandez is on remand. - Character issues, took a risk and lost on it

Woodhead went for the bigger money. - Worth the money? If so, Bills fault

Lloyd was a nut job that nobody wanted back in the dressing room. - Lots of teams deal with character issues, also had a long time to find a replacement

Welker wanted the money up front deal, rather than take the better incentive laden deal. - Should have been offered a much bigger deal. Your most consistantly productive receiver maybe ever. Bills fault

In fairness.

polaris68 wrote: »

He deserves to go to one as much as it pains me to say it, been a tremendous player over the years

but the broncos where the better team this year they have won this game so there is a few pats fans lamenting what could have been ( i think denver win this either way personally) but nobody has said the broncos have only won this due to injuries and im sure at full time there will be a few congrats broncos posts

Im going to bow out because discussing injuries is apparently wrong and making us Pats fans whiners. Hilarious at best and such nonsense. Enjoy the other game folks hopefully a better competition.

did you watch moss and brady in 07?

Yeah, it was phenomenal and Moss is one of the reasons I started following the sport. Denvers offense this year had more Points, yards, TD's etc did it not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,418 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Denver O line has its critics but they played really well today. The Pats got nowhere near Manning all game long. I'm sure they would have been banking on Jones, Collins, etc getting to him or at least pressuring him far more often that they did.

Full credit to the Broncos, it was a dominate win.
    Excellent game for their OL, Manning and his receivers did the rest.

I'd like to see Payton get his second ring, true HOF player.

osl wrote: »
    Classic Manning performance, credit where it's due

very impressive stuff the first half in particular wth the way they wound down the clock only one punt today for the broncos........infact make that one punt in two games very impressive stuff

polaris68 wrote: »

id love to see him win one hes on my list of greats without a sb love crossing guys off that

• Advertisement
Advertisement