Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Work Situation 2014????? (Canada)

Options
  • 14-01-2014 3:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hey. I have applied for the 2014 2 year working holiday visa to Canada and obviously the main concern when getting there is getting fixed up with a job. I am wondering if anybody there or has returned from there or is going there knows of the current work situation.

What kind of industries are doing well and what kind are not? How difficult is it to get a job.?

I am looking for work in the Hospitality Industry which I am studying in college at present. Also does anybody know if there are much non-skilled jobs opportunities over there ie laboring, warehouse etc. Is there much competition over there for jobs??

Any info would be greatly appreciated.??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

The iec visas for ireland haven't opened yet.

Try Alberta for jobs, plenty of non skilled jobs to get started until you get the job you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DAVIDDOLAN

I am aware that they have not opened yet thanks for that, thanks il try those areas if I get my Visa.

DAVIDDOLAN wrote: »
    I am aware that they have not opened yet thanks for that, thanks il try those areas if I get my Visa.

No problem, check kijiji also to get an idea of what jobs are there in each of the cities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

How have you applied if it's not open yet?

• Advertisement

A few beers while typing and I made a mistake, iv payed 75 to go4less in order to be able to apply when the IEC opens then I will apply.

A few beers while typing and I made a mistake, iv payed 75 to go4less in order to be able to apply when the IEC opens then I will apply.

you can do it directly when opened through this link by following the steps and preparing your documents;
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

go4less don't issue the visas or can guarantee you a visa when they open.

I know that they dont guarantee you the visa, they are on a first come first serve basis right? but does the link you sent me guarantee them??

I know that they dont guarantee you the visa, they are on a first come first serve basis right? but does the link you sent me guarantee them??

there is no guarantee you would get one, its first serve basis so to improve your chances check that link regularly even a couple times each day and have your documents ready for stage 1 so when it opens apply for stage 1.

All documents for stage 1 are ready and on my memory stick and with me at all times. Do you have any idea how fast they sell out?? there is 10000 issued this time. I think last year was around 6000

• Advertisement

last year was around 2 days, so who knows this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Last year was 4 days. I applied on the 4th day and there was 650 left and after another 3 hours or so they were l gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

Hey all is there anyone out there that has applied for a Canadian Visa through go4free.ie?? Would you recommend them??? Your help is much appreciated. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭willabur

You don't need to go through any agent to do it. The process really isn't that complicated.

123DarcySt wrote: »
    Hey all is there anyone out there that has applied for a Canadian Visa through go4free.ie?? Would you recommend them??? Your help is much appreciated. ;)

save yourself money and do it yourself, use these boards for help when you need it which is what I did and got the visa last year with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

Cheers Gary. :-) ;)

Advertisement