Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not getting paid on time.

Options
  • 14-01-2014 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I began working for a company in October. This is the third time I should have got paid and the second time I have not gotten paid on time.

Other employees I have spoken to say the same; the y don't get paid on time , constantly getting paid the wrong amount of money, have to call the company and ask for their salary for up to a week before they get paid.

Could anyone advisee as to what is the best course of action to take?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Terry Wogans Inner Thigh

Im going to walk into the offices today and see what tgeybqill do. Think I''ll bring the children and give them something sticky to eat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

The Citizen's Information centre can help advise you, there's one on Rockwood Parade if you're in Sligo town. They have information about what to do when you are regularly paid late.

Don't let it build up. A past employer starting paying me late, then catching up, then paying late again, then the arrears got worse and I ended up being owed so much that it took a long time to resolve the situation, I reckon I lost over €10,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

I began working for a company in October. This is the third time I should have got paid and the second time I have not gotten paid on time.

Other employees I have spoken to say the same; the y don't get paid on time , constantly getting paid the wrong amount of money, have to call the company and ask for their salary for up to a week before they get paid.

Could anyone advisee as to what is the best course of action to take?

Thanks.

Any update on this OP ?

I'm getting paid tomorrow apparently.if I don't I''ll be visiting citizens advice, thanks for the link. They are shysters though, if it happens next month I'll be taking action.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'd be job-hunting: the company is most likely in financial trouble.

• Advertisement

They''re not, they''re getting rakes of money from the HSE, they are an agency. I got paid today, short three hours though, they ar e shnakes. Forwarded them evidence of my hours which I photocopied before submitting to them, twas an oversight apaarently. Hmm.

They''re not, they''re getting rakes of money from the HSE, they are an agency. I got paid today, short three hours though, they ar e shnakes. Forwarded them evidence of my hours which I photocopied before submitting to them, twas an oversight apaarently. Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭lau1247

I'd be job-hunting: the company is most likely in financial trouble.

i'd be thinking along the same line too.. however OP did say other employees complains about this issue also which suggest an on going thing.. OP maybe best to get on the case every pay day and chase them up when the figure don't add up.. good luck

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

lau1247 wrote: »
    i'd be thinking along the same line too.. however OP did say other employees complains about this issue also which suggest an on going thing.. OP maybe best to get on the case every pay day and chase them up when the figure don't add up.. good luck
    You need to find a way to incentivise them to get it right, it needs to start costing them to get it wrong. Any bank charges incurred? Any late payment fees or direct debit payments? Cost of phone calls to them or additional commuting?

No Pants wrote: »
    You need to find a way to incentivise them to get it right, it needs to start costing them to get it wrong. Any bank charges incurred? Any late payment fees or direct debit payments? Cost of phone calls to them or additional commuting?

True. I'll be talkibg to citizens info next month if they pay late. Trying to find some other employees (I only know 3 others) to see if they are willinng to join me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement