Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online "Neighborhood Watch"

Options
  • 14-01-2014 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

I'm just wondering have any Galway boards users
    tried setting up neighborhood watch type schemes like
    www.alertid.com
    www.nextdoor.com
    and if so are they useful (or are there other better (free) ones out
    there)?

Michael :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

Horrible notion. although your intentions may be good, I would imagine that this sort of thing would be mainly populated by nosey sorts - more interested in their neighbours dirty laundry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

As long as people don't start suggesting vigilantism, then it could be a fun or interesting scheme... potentially nosey neighbours aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If this watch includes checking in on elderly neighbours when it gets cold I'm all for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

The Nevada Department of Public Safety says that "AlertID is a unique platform that is filling a void that exists between public safety and the community we serve." What is the equivalent "void" in the Galway City context?

Incidentally, the NDPS uses this image under the heading "Report Suspicious Activity".

suspic.jpg

This specific image made me wonder: is peering through the blinds the suspicious activity, or is it someone looking out for suspicious activity?

Advertisement