Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

walk in shops advanced vaping

Options
  • 14-01-2014 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Dose anyone know of any walk in shops around the country that sell mech mod, box mods, batterys ,rebuildable atomizers, ss mesh and silica wick. I've been in a few shops but most of them just sell beginners kits and pro tanks and stuff like that. I'm looking for a more advanced users shop if there is any.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

As far as i know there isnt any, vaping is still pretty young and there is still a lot of people who are only beginning. The more advanced mods and stuff would put a lot of new vapers off if they just walked in and wanted a starter kit.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

You'd be suprised how many new vapers want to start off one something bigger than an ego from the get go! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Ploom Room in Dungarvan.
    VapourPal in Ennis, Clare; Balllincollig, Cork; Dunshauglin, Meath;
    Nenagh, Tipperary; Tullamore, Offaly; Gorey, Wexford; Athy, Co. Kildare; Waterford, Co.Waterford; Midleton, Co. Cork.
    Ecirette Megastore in Dublin.
    The Stop Smoking Shop, Cork.
    They all have some sort of "advanced" PVs. Even the really crappy shop on North Main St in Cork has a Vamo and Lavatube, but I'd doubt they know anything about either of them.

You can always check an online vendor near you to see if you can pop by and have a look - a B&M shop that serves only advanced users would be impossible - maybe a tiny shop in Dublin could survive but APVs are the pipes of our world - there are no shops selling pipes that aren't subsidised by something for the casuals. You'd think that'd be ejuice because it's our main consumable and the margin is quite high on it but it gets used so slowly I'm not sure it spins enough money.
    A vendor could answer that but the answer would be different for each vendor.
    eeloe wrote: »
    You'd be suprised how many new vapers want to start off one something bigger than an ego from the get go! ;)
    Wouldn't be too surprised if that's because you have swanky mods poking out of every orifice. Such a tease. Waterford probably has the highest concentration of rare mechs at this stage.
    One friend's first ecig was the TH Twin 18650 after he tried mine. And his first atty was the Phoenix. He leapt right in there. Another friend jumped straight from cigalike to another 25w+ Twin 18650. Success!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

As Grindle said, the high end APV's are such a small percentage of the market, a shop aimed at just that wouldn't sustain itself.

99% of Ecig users down want mech mods and rebuildables, most just want a hassle free vape experience, and to quit smoking, VV devices are acceptable at a push, but when you break out VW devices, most peoples heads explode with info and they find it hard to absorb.

The looks I get when taking a vape, when someone's in buying a starter kit is crazy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

I can imagine you eeloe! Some people think of vaping as cigalike yokes, wee cigarette shaped things with a light on the end. Then you pull out what must look like a small shisha pipe or a lightsaber handle and blow a great big ploom of sweet smelling vapour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Don't mean to hijack but I'm looking to start vaping and don't know a single person that already does to ask for advice, i'm finding looking at stuff online a bit mind boggling and don't really know where to start. I've read quite a bit on here and online but still feel I need to see things in person before I buy.

Id like to look at my options in a b&m store before I actually buy something. I also don't want to buy something that I will chuck in the bin in a few weeks and go buy something better that I should have bought in the first place.

I dont really see any dedicated shops anywhere, i was in France recently and they seemed to be everywhere. Where would you guys recommend I go that would have decent stock to show me before I buy? Im in the Dublin meath cavan area.

I dont really see any dedicated shops anywhere, i was in France recently and they seemed to be everywhere. Where would you guys recommend I go that would have decent stock to show me before I buy? Im in the Dublin meath cavan area.
    If in Dublin you can contact e-smokeireland and ask to drop by the house and they'll show you some stuff, or you can go to Ecirette on Lower Gardiner St. - think it's above an internet shop or summat?

If in Cavan get onto Vaperus and ask to drop by the house in Mullagh, they'll sort you out.

Ploom Room in Dungarvan if you venture around Waterford.

grindle wrote: »

If in Cavan get onto Vaperus and ask to drop by the house in Mullagh

Lol I actually live in Mullagh and never even knew they existed! Thanks for that grindle, I see their website now and looks like they welcome callers in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Lol I actually live in Mullagh and never even knew they existed! Thanks for that grindle, I see their website now and looks like they welcome callers in person.

I recommend their kanger evod starter kit. Also ask to try some juices before you buy. Finally try a boge cartomiser.

StickyIcky wrote: »
    I recommend their kanger evod starter kit. Also ask to try some juices before you buy. Finally try a boge cartomiser.

Finally got to call to vaperus today, went for the evod like you recommended, they recommended it too. As I smoked cigars, she gave me a little bottle of 24mg liquid along with a few bigger 18mg bottles, Usa mix I think they are called.

Very impressed so far, it gives an excellent hit in the throat, this coming from a cigar smoker (who inhales). Seems very well made too. The only thing that caught me out was opening the tank, I forgot to turn it upside down and spilled liquid everywhere when I opened it. The flavour of the liquid I got ain't great but they said to keep at it for a few weeks then start looking at various flavours.

Another thing that kind of annoys me is knowing when the coil goes bad and when to change them, it seems a bit hit and miss, they said it would taste like burnt food when its time to change...

Thanks to vaperus for allowing me to see these things before I bought. She also said they were very close to opening a b&m shop in Kells, might be handy, house is way out the sticks!

• Advertisement

Another thing that kind of annoys me is knowing when the coil goes bad and when to change them, it seems a bit hit and miss, they said it would taste like burnt food when its time to change...

It depends on so many things that it can't be a definite amount of time per coil.

An unsweetened 100% PG Menthol at a low wattage would last the longest, very high VG dark/sweet/natural juice at a high wattage would last the least.

Advertisement