Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your SIM and Screen Lock settings?

Options
  • 14-01-2014 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭

Hi.

What are your SIM and Screen Lock settings (auto sleep times, etc.)?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

No SIM lock (I reboot my phone into recovery / bootloader too many times for that to annoy me), no instant screen PIN either because I lock my phone too many times for that so it turns on after 30 minutes of idle. Simple swipe to unlock, 1 minute to sleep (adjustable between 30, 60 and 120 seconds in Quick Toggles in CM11) - if I ever lose my phone, it can be located and be wiped within 30 seconds from Android Lost / Google Device Manager as well as a sneaky picture if someone else is holding it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭ongarite

No SIM lock. Pattern lock on phone with pattern hidden when entering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Pin on SIM - Only ever see it when rebooting the phone or coming out of flight mode (so rare).

Pattern lock after the phone has been idle for 2 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

I think a SIM lock at the very least should be used.

Thanks for the info guys.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

SIM lock and a pattern lock on the screen that kicks in after 15 seconds of inactivity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

anncoates wrote: »
    SIM lock and a pattern lock on the screen that kicks in after 15 seconds of inactivity.

I've opted for SIM lock + Sleep (after 30 seconds of inactivity) and Screen Pattern Lock (5 seconds after sleep). Also the Power Button Instant Lock item is checked.

Advertisement