Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paving or Tarmac - which first?

Options
  • 14-01-2014 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

OK, so this may be a dumb question but I wanted to put it out there anyhow just to be sure.

Our house is a couple of years old and currently around it we have stone laid. The plan is at some point down the line to get tarmac on the drive leading up to the front/side of the house.

We also have a plan to get a little paving done to the front of the house (see attached picture).

If I was to fire ahead and get the paving done, and the tarmac say in a year or so, is it difficult to match up levels/get them smoothly transitioning into each other. Is there an idea way to do this? For instance would it work better to do tarmac first or do them concurrently?

On a side note, what's the going rate these days for getting paving put down (supply and fit).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi
    Do the paving first. It will give an edge and also a level to finish the tarmac too. The tarmac will not stain the paving.
    NW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Quack13 wrote: »
    OK, so this may be a dumb question but I wanted to put it out there anyhow just to be sure.

Our house is a couple of years old and currently around it we have stone laid. The plan is at some point down the line to get tarmac on the drive leading up to the front/side of the house.

We also have a plan to get a little paving done to the front of the house (see attached picture).

If I was to fire ahead and get the paving done, and the tarmac say in a year or so, is it difficult to match up levels/get them smoothly transitioning into each other. Is there an idea way to do this? For instance would it work better to do tarmac first or do them concurrently?

On a side note, what's the going rate these days for getting paving put down (supply and fit).
    Paving first it will be much cleaner and its the way its normally done, if you lay paving after you will be carting in material cutting bricks etc and the tarmac/asphalt will be destroyed with stains.

Advertisement