Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying software online for a Windows PC

Options
  • 14-01-2014 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hey guys,

I m planning the buy the following software Virtual DJ (300 euros) and Pinaccle video edition software (125 euros) ....

I went to the website of them companies and saw that i can download their software after paying with me visa.

But what if my pc crashes (happened before will happen again) ?

They want you to pay extra for the cd to be sent over to your homeaddress.

Not sure if i should go for this ...

It is kinda expensive

Anyone experience with downloading paid software ( and backing it up after a system crash)

Regards Fuzzy

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Most times you are downloading the installation file from the website which you could backup yourself to a cd or usb drive. Also in a lot of cases with online software you sign up for an account which keeps a record of your purchases and the product key, you could simply download re software if something happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 maghenderson

regard virtual dj pm me about that as there all disgust about this
    hope you didn't buy this

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FuzzyCraic

How do you mean. I heard it is great sofware for dj mixing ?

You ve got other experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Anyone experience with downloading paid software ( and backing it up after a system crash)

Essentially you are only buying the license key which gets emailed to you entered when you install.

Just back up the installer on a USB flash drive or burn to a CD or something if you really want to keep a copy however most companies will let you download the installer as many times as you like and that way you always have the most up-to-date version installed.
    regard virtual dj pm me about that as there all disgust about this
    hope you didn't buy this

Theres nothing wrong with VDJ, Download the demo and test it, in fact test a few different DJ softwares before you jump into spending that much.

what I mean is that virtual dj is good and I use it myself and wouldn't use any thing else but what I trying to say is <snip>

Mod edit: Read the charter. No offering pirated software

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

what I mean is that virtual dj is good and I use it myself and wouldn't use any thing else but what I trying to say is <snip>

Please, please don't say these things !

what I mean to say is I have the demo ;-)

Advertisement