Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

classic ideal gas burner

• 14-01-2014 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi i have a classic ideal gas burner it is abt 15 years old can i fit a wireless thermo/stat to it

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved from HSS.
    You might get better help here.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Sure, would be wired in between the time clock and the boiler, so no issue to what boiler as long as a 240v switch (this boiler does not require overrun)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tycospark

if put stat betwwen timer and boiler when up to temp it will kill pump as well as knocking of heat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

tycospark wrote: »
    if put stat betwwen timer and boiler when up to temp it will kill pump as well as knocking of heat

Ideal classic don't have a pump over run facility , so this isn't a problem . Pump stops when you turn off the clock anyway.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

The whole idea is to knock off the heat, and the cast iron heat exchanger is the heat sink hence no overrun required (that's why so many fan failures on classics IMHO)

• Advertisement

i want stat to knock off heat pump keeps pumping hot water to rads when temp drops stat kicks in turning on burner i thought that was idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

i want stat to knock off heat pump keeps pumping hot water to rads when temp drops stat kicks in turning on burner i thought that was idea

It would be the idea on a boiler with a permanent live to provide pump over run , but the classic Dsnt have one and there's no relays in the pcb to facilitate it either .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

What you're describing there is how the boiler temp stat works.

ok lads thanks for the info

Advertisement