Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you Wheelie?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Yeah Mak, still on the Fazer. And the tank could be the key to it... I tend to keep her full up in case I decide to go on a long run. So it's really, obvious to the feel front and top heavy.

Will take a long one today to take some fuel out of her and give it a shot down in Baltimore or something :D

first gear steady at around 7500 RPM then pin it quickly, she'll come up :cool: make sure to grip the tank with your knees before doing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

copeyhagen wrote: »
    never wheelied a sportsbike but unintentional wheelies on the supermoto were par for the course.. couldnt pull away from a stop without the front lifting.. lol

You still looking for one:
    http://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/gasgas-fse-450-supermoto-for-sale/6799179

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    first gear steady at around 7500 RPM then pin it quickly, she'll come up :cool: make sure to grip the tank with your knees before doing it!

I doubt it, but give that one a go Mini.

A full tank is harder to wheelie Mini, but don't drain it. Just sit back slightly in the saddle to move the weight back a little, but don't sit back too much ~ I'm only talking an inch or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Trebob

Used to hooligan around in the old race course fields in Baldoyle, Popping wheelies and being a general annoyance. The old kx was easy to get up snatchy though. Wish that place wasn't built over I'd still be going out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Gonna have to find a more open space it seems, I've got a great place for practicing slow riding... evening time in Little Island for those who know the place, but not enough long runs to properly and confidently try wheelies :pac: I'll get it eventually I know, but it'll take some working..... not like trying isn't fun anyway :D

• Advertisement

All joking aside Mini, wheelies are great fun and people love 'em ~ they're really addictive too, but they come at a price.

I've never flipped my bike doing one, but I've come close a few times and its not a pleasant experience.

If you flip the bike its gonna cost you a lot of money, and even if you don't you're gonna be replacing chains and sprockets a lot ~ if you do A LOT of wheelies you'll be talking a life span of a few weeks from a chain!.

Be safe man, and next time you're in Dublin you must drop into the Gypsy again ~ I'll be expecting a leather waistcoat, heavy silver chains & rings, and a few biker patches :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I'll get myself an SOA jacket when coming in :pac: Was supposed to be up last Wednesday but it fell through :( Next Early finish Friday and late start Saturday and I'll be making the effort :D

I'll get myself an SOA jacket when coming in :pac: Was supposed to be up last Wednesday but it fell through :( Next Early finish Friday and late start Saturday and I'll be making the effort :D

An SOA anything goes down like a lead balloon in there :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,390 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Be safe man, and next time you're in Dublin you must drop into the Gypsy again ~ I'll be expecting a leather waistcoat, heavy silver chains & rings, and a few biker patches :p

Like this?

AR00196_10.jpg

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

Makikomi works in the blue oyster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Wossack wrote: »
    Makikomi works in the blue oyster?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

ninja900 wrote: »
    Like this?

AR00196_10.jpg

HJlHnzn.png

Well I can't say too much, but today someone joined us.

This someone isn't a biker dude, she's a biker babe!.. Only learning to ride her road bike, and without a moments thought got on a stunt bike (CBR 600) and..... WHEELIED!.

Don't be offended (boards.ie member) but your GF's got balls :cool:

The scary part of wheelies imho is if you're going at speed, the front wheel wobble when it comes down. Anything to do to avoid that? Other than man up, or get a steering damper :pac:

Cienciano wrote: »
    The scary part of wheelies imho is if you're going at speed, the front wheel wobble when it comes down. Anything to do to avoid that? Other than man up, or get a steering damper :pac:

If you're having that problem you're either too tense or maybe a steering damper might help.

Its happened to me a few times, and tbh ~ wheelie out of it again. But in hindsight I figured I'd been too tense.

Grand. I need more practice anyway

Cienciano wrote: »
    Grand. I need more practice anyway

Well you're more than welcome to tag along if I'm off next Sunday.

I'd a member from here with us today and he'll tell you, the lads are 100%.. No ego's strutting around throwing shapes, just practice practice practice and loads of encouragement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Well I can't say too much, but today someone joined us.

This someone isn't a biker dude, she's a biker babe!.. Only learning to ride her road bike, and without a moments thought got on a stunt bike (CBR 600) and..... WHEELIED!.

Don't be offended (boards.ie member) but your GF's got balls :cool:

Thanks man ;-) she spent morning looking donor bikes to make a stunt machine.

It's a bit crazy when your missus has more balls than you :pac:

The lads stunting yesterday were some of the soundest bikers I've come across, very welcoming and no airs or graces about them. Can't wait to have a go the next time.

Cool, if she's serious about it she's best speaking to Pado (the guy who loaned her the bike) about the cheapest way to get into stunting.

Most of the lads are using CBR6's, I think there was one R6.

I'm glad you had a good time, hope to see you down again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement