Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Owl Monitor Installation

Options
  • 14-01-2014 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Looking for some advice please;

How much would i be looking at to have an electrician install the clamp for the OWL monitor? Got a price this morning & was a bit taken back

Had a look at the fuseboard/meter last night & there's no easy way to clamp without moving cables which I'm not going to even attempt! :o

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

rev2.0 wrote: »
    Looking for some advice please;

How much would i be looking at to have an electrician install the clamp for the OWL monitor? Got a price this morning & was a bit taken back

Had a look at the fuseboard/meter last night & there's no easy way to clamp without moving cables which I'm not going to even attempt! :o

Thanks in advance

Have you a picture of the meter?
    You can attach it to one of a few different cables I believe.

Even if there arent any easy to attach to it shouldnt be a bit job to get it attached.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Have a look at some of the photos here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057107082

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

Picture of meter

2nl8wb9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

rev2.0 wrote: »
    Picture of meter

2nl8wb9.jpg

It would take approx 1 minute to fit, an owl meter to that board.

I would flick the MCB down. Remove cover connect CT. Feed cable out opening where main go in, attach Transmitter to wall around meter.
    Put cover back on, flick back up MCB

Actually I just noticed the cable is peeled back coming out of the meter, attach the CT to the red or black cable coming out if the meter

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

If you're in the dublin area or kildare area I'll fit it for you any day I'm passing for free. Whatever you do don't pay somebody to fit it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement