Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 MIAMI 2014

Options
  • 14-01-2014 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Heading to Miami solo for a J1 at the end of May...anyone else?
    Was there last summer and it was amazing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TatianaP

Hey, I was thinking of going there, but Ive been told by USIT that its quite hard to get a job there and that the accommodation is really expensive? Can u tell me more info about it? how is it like there with jobs, rent and all...pls? Thanks! x

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kiwi71

Yeah man im heading over again, was there 2012, worked in downtown miami for the summer! some spot

• Registered Users Posts: 8 alaska

Rent can be expensive, but is in big cities anyways...between a few it'd be fine!
    Work wise I was on an internship visa so i didnt need to (or could) search and get a second job.
    Some friends who went over had a bit of a struggle at first but got one!

Kiwi71 wrote: »
    Yeah man im heading over again, was there 2012, worked in downtown miami for the summer! some spot

Are you heading over with a group?

Got anything in place yet?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mags21

Hey heading out on the 6th of June (two girls) looking for accommodation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Kiwi71

There's a few of us looking for accom in miami too, we're heading June 2nd!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mags21

We were hoping for somewhere near south beach as jobs seem pretty decent there. Also we don't care if it's mixed gender wise

Search J1 Miami 2014 on Facebook, a group of us on there!

Advertisement