Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgotten Visa Debit pin

Options
  • 14-01-2014 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I recently reported my Visa/Debit card stolen. To activate my new card that I received a few days ago, I need my old pin number, which I have forgotten. Is it possible to reset your pin number via 365 online, or do you have to apply for a new pin over the phone and wait till the new pin is sent out ?

Kind Regards,
    Ciaran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi butzy,

Thank you for getting in contact with us and welcome to boards.ie.

To apply for your Visa Debit pin number you will need to contact your account holding branch directly. Alternatively, if you are registered for Bank of Ireland 365 please call 0818 365 365 / 00353 1404 4000, where a representative will be happy to order a pin number for you. Regretfully, it is not possible to reset your card pin number through 365Online.

You will need to wait for your pin in the post however, once you receive it and activate your card, you will have the choice to change your pin number to one of your choice. This can be done at any Bank of Ireland ATM.

Also, if you require access to your account while you are waiting on your pin number, you can call into any Bank of Ireland branch with photo ID and a representative will be happy to assist you.

For contact details of our branches please see here.

We hope this helps and that your card is up and running soon.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ustazjoseph

Hi how long should it take for new pin to arrive .?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ustazjoseph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Thanks for getting back to us here. Once the PIN has been ordered it should take a maximum of five working days to reach your address. 

Thanks again, 
    Darren.

Advertisement