Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to share music collection?

Options
  • 14-01-2014 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question, so please move to an appropriate forum if not.

I have 300+ CD's that I wish to sell on Adverts. I'd like to list each CD in the ad, but this will give me a lot of work as I'm assuming I'll more than likely have to type the CD name of each one.

Or, is there a quick and easy way to do this? I know there are app's that you can use to scan the bar-codes, but is there one that will not only scan but keep a list of each one then share the list?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

One quick and easy way , and it might do as a stopgap, would be to photograph them , say in alphabetic order in lots of 50. Then add the images to the advert. Depending on the quality of the camera it might be all you need?
    iPaddyM wrote: »
    Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question, so please move to an appropriate forum if not.

I have 300+ CD's that I wish to sell on Adverts. I'd like to list each CD in the ad, but this will give me a lot of work as I'm assuming I'll more than likely have to type the CD name of each one.

Or, is there a quick and easy way to do this? I know there are app's that you can use to scan the bar-codes, but is there one that will not only scan but keep a list of each one then share the list?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

Hey thanks for the reply. I found this app that helped me organize them into an alphabetical list, it allows you to email the list, so I emailed the list to myself. See the list I made here.

The app is called Grocery Gadget. It was very handy, but it did not recognize most (95%) of my CD's, so I had to type in the title of each one and I could add a picture of the CD if I wanted. Although I did have to type the majority of the CDs track name etc, I would use it again. You can make a list of anything you want, and if it recognizes the bar-code, it's even better ha.

Paddy

Advertisement