Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laughable BB speed

Options
  • 14-01-2014 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭

Hello
    I have been informed by eircom that NOTHING can be done about my DSL BB speed of 0.80 MBs download and 0.20 upload.I am right on the end of the exchange unfortunately.200 Yards down the road Efibre is up and running.The irony!!!
    I know the line to my house is very old(1980's)but is there NOTHING that can be done to improve my speed?I'm really hinting at a site visit if truth be told.I'm not expecting 50mb I would be over the moon with 3mb!!!!
    Can you give me ANY indication of when my exchange is due for upgrade?
    I can provide tel if needed
    Regards
    Steve F

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Steve F wrote: »
    Hello
    I have been informed by eircom that NOTHING can be done about my DSL BB speed of 0.80 MBs download and 0.20 upload.I am right on the end of the exchange unfortunately.200 Yards down the road Efibre is up and running.The irony!!!
    I know the line to my house is very old(1980's)but is there NOTHING that can be done to improve my speed?I'm really hinting at a site visit if truth be told.I'm not expecting 50mb I would be over the moon with 3mb!!!!
    Regards
    Steve F
    Hi Steve F

Unforynately if your house is at such a distance there is really nothing that can be done however do PM me your landline number and I'll double check this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Hello
    Regards
    Steve F
    Hi Steve F

Unforynately if your house is at such a distance there is really nothing that can be done however do PM me your landline number and I'll double check this for you.

Thanks

Al
    Sent you a PM to you Alan.Is it not a case where the line itself could be checked for wear and tear etc.I would also be interested in a timeline as to when my exchange is due for upgrade please

Hello
    Regards
    Steve F
    Hi Steve F

Thanks

Al
    Sent you a PM to you Alan.Is it not a case where the line itself could be checked for wear and tear etc.I would also be interested in a timeline as to when my exchange is due for upgrade please
    Hi Steve F

I've just replied by PM

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

I would like to piggy back off this and find if anything can be done to my connection? 

I would like to piggy back off this and find if anything can be done to my connection? 
    Where are you based Konflikt2k11?

• Advertisement

Hello
    Regards
    Steve F
    Hi Steve F

Thanks

Al
    Hi Steve F

I've just replied by PM

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Alan for taking the time to get my line tested.I did the two speed tests but sadly both results were the same.Looks like satellite broadband for me
    Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

Meath

Meath

If your situation is the same as mine you might want to consider other ways of getting BB.Looks like my exchange will be unable to deliver decent BB speeds for YEARS!! Theres a crowd called Onwave that does Satellite BB/Phone/TV.Not sure what the service is like.Anyone reading this knows anything about Onwave can they please post?
    Thanks
    Steve

Hello
    Regards
    Steve F
    Hi Steve F

Thanks

Al
    Hi Steve F

I've just replied by PM

Thanks

Al
    Thanks Alan for taking the time to get my line tested.I did the two speed tests but sadly both results were the same.Looks like satellite broadband for me
    Steve

Really sorry I couldn’t offer better news Steve, wishing you the best of luck with what ever decision you make.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 13 UltanMolloy

Meath

If your situation is the same as mine you might want to consider other ways of getting BB.Looks like my exchange will be unable to deliver decent BB speeds for YEARS!! Theres a crowd called Onwave that does Satellite BB/Phone/TV.Not sure what the service is like.Anyone reading this knows anything about Onwave can they please post?
    Thanks
    Steve
    Re: Onwave - there's no limit to how slow your connection can go, and mine has been so slow at times that I couldn't open a brouser to run a speed test.  Onwave's response was "use it off peak" and "we're not responsible for the satellite service" -  we'll they're responsible for selling it to you!!!
    Disaster of a service - never again.  
    My advice - stay AWAY from OnWave!

• Advertisement
Advertisement